|"Antpelt treated us like mangy rats. And how dare Ashfoot tell you to renew the border markers? You're a leader! She's only a deputy!"|
|— Pebblefoot to Mistystar about a WindClan patrol in Mistystar's Omen, chapter 6|
Pebblefoot is a mottled gray tom.
Pebblefoot was a RiverClan elder who previously served as a warrior under Leopardstar's and Mistystar's leaderships in the lake territories. He was born as Pebblekit to Dawnflower alongside his siblings, Minnowkit and Tumblekit, in the old forest. He and his family participated in the Great Journey and settled in their new home. The family fell ill to tainted water, and Tumblekit died. As an apprentice, Pebblepaw was mentored by Mosspelt. After earning his warrior name, Pebblefoot trained Rushtail and fought in the Great Battle. Pebblefoot drowned in the Great Storm and joined StarClan.
In The New Prophecy arc
- Pebblekit, along with Minnowkit and Tumblekit, are the kits of the RiverClan queen, Dawnflower. Though he and his siblings are not mentioned by name, Pebblekit, Minnowkit, Tumblekit, and the Clans go to their new home, around the lake.
- Pebblekit sneaks away from the RiverClan camp and explores the territory with Minnowkit and Tumblekit. They find a puddle of sticky silvery-green liquid near a Twoleg object, and Minnowkit dares her brother to drink some of the liquid. When he does, he gets violently ill, as do his siblings and his mother Dawnflower due to the grooming that she gave them when they came home, but he and Minnowkit are cured by the yarrow and juniper berries that Mothwing and Leafpool give them. Tumblekit is not so lucky, and dies.
In the Power of Three arc
- He and his sister are now apprentices, Pebblepaw and Minnowpaw. Pebblepaw is mentored by Mosspelt. At a Gathering, Pebblepaw sits beside his sister, Minnowpaw, and their fellow denmate, Pouncepaw. Pebblepaw is introduced to Lionpaw by Minnowpaw through a flick of her tail. During the next Gathering, when Squirrelflight brings up the idea of a daylight Gathering, Pebblepaw, with eyes shining with enthusiasm, suggests that they could have contests.
In the Omen of the Stars arc
- He is now a warrior known as Pebblefoot, and has been given an apprentice, Rushpaw.
- His apprentice, Rushpaw, has earned his warrior name, Rushtail.
- During a Gathering, Pebblefoot challenges Dovewing when she says Jayfeather is not a murderer. Soon after, Whitewing shoves him aside with her shoulder.
- Pebblefoot, along with Troutstream and Mintfur, hurl themselves into battle beside Dovewing during the Dark Forest battle, who was relieved when she saw they were only fighting Dark Forest cats. Along with Sandstorm, he drives the last of the Dark Forest cats out of ThunderClan. Pebblefoot is noted to be one of the bloodiest cats when Firestar calls him, Dustpelt, and Cloudtail to go to the medicine cat den.
In the Super Editions
- Pebblefoot drowns in the storm that affected all the Clans. After the storm begins to pass, the Clans hold a Gathering on the island. Mistystar says that they lost Pebblefoot and another Clanmate, Grasspelt, in the storm.
In the Novellas
- During her ceremony, Mothwing dreams of Dawnflower's kits growing healthy and strong. He and his family participate on the Great Journey. Many moons later, Mothwing watches Pebblefoot and Grasspelt practice battle moves against Graymist and Mallownose in preparation for the Great Battle.
- Pebblefoot: "I didn't realize they were taking the assessments so seriously. I sometimes wonder if Rushpaw wants to go straight to the elders' den when he reaches twelve moons. I've never met an apprentice who is so good at finding shortcuts to getting things done!"
- Mistystar: "Perhaps he'll just be a very efficient warrior. We can't keep waiting for the big fish to return. And our territory isn't big enough to provide enough land prey to support us all. We'll have to think about expanding upstream."
- Mistystar's Omen, page chapter 7
- Mistystar comes to Pebblefoot's defense, and he apologizes. Antpelt declares that the squirrel is theirs now, and Pebblefoot glares at him, fur rising from his spine. As the RiverClan patrol returns home, Pebblefoot is outraged at how Antpelt treated the patrol, and at Mistystar, demanding why she let Ashfoot tell her to renew the border markers, as she was only a deputy.
- When there's no sign of any apprentices to change the elders' bedding, Pebblefoot is convinced he told Rushpaw and Hollowpaw that they had to do it before he did battle practice with them at sunhigh. Pouncetail tells Pebblefoot to check their hearing, and Pebblefoot ponders on where the are. When the two come back with tufts of moss, Pebblefoot demands where they were, and they tell him they were collecting fresh bedding. Mistystar notices that they must have traveled a long way to collect it and wonders if they went out catching fish on their own, reminding herself to tell Pebblefoot and Reedwhisker to keep an eye on them during patrols.
- Later, Pebblefoot wonders if it's worth fishing that day. Reedwhisker disagrees, but tells Pebblefoot that Hollowpaw and Rushpaw asked if they could do battle training on their own. Pebblefoot is surprised, not knowing they took the assessment so seriously. Mistystar comments on how they can't keep waiting for the big fish to return, and that they will have to think about expanding upstream. Pebblefoot agrees, saying that it seems like the only option. Afterwards, Mistystar asks Pebblefoot to lead a hunting patrol on the marshes.
Please do not edit this gallery
|Lakeshine ♀||Cedarpelt ♂||See More|
|Sunfish ♀||Frogleap ♂||Mosspelt ♀|
|See More||Woodkit ♂||Dawnflower ♀||Robinkit ♂||Willowshine ♀|
|Pebblefoot ♂||Minnowtail ♀||Tumblekit ♀|
= Gender unknown
- Mothwing's Secret
- Dawn (First appearance; mentioned only)
- The Sight
- Dark River (Allegiance only)
- Outcast (Allegiance only)
- Eclipse (Allegiance only)
- Long Shadows (Allegiance only)
- Sunrise (Allegiance only)
- Hollyleaf's Story (Allegiance only)
- The Fourth Apprentice (Allegiance only)
- Mistystar's Omen
- Fading Echoes (Allegiance only)
- Night Whispers (Allegiance only)
- Sign of the Moon (Allegiance only)
- The Forgotten Warrior
- The Last Hope
- Dovewing's Silence (Allegiance only)
- Crowfeather's Trial (Allegiance only)
- Bramblestar's Storm † (Mentioned only)
The following information is from sources considered non-canon or retconned.
- In Su Susann's "Missing Kits" on Vicky's Facebook, Voleclaw and Dawnflower were mates and Pebblefoot, Minnowtail, and Tumblekit were their kits. Pebblefoot was also described with yellow eyes.
- Pebblefoot: "Antpelt treated us like mangy rats. And how dare Ashfoot tell you to renew the border markers? You're a leader! She's only a deputy!"
- Mistystar: "She was just making a point, Pebblefoot. You did cross the boundary, after all. Let's see if we can catch something that doesn't run into a different Clan, okay?"
- Mistystar's Omen, page chapter 6
- (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references
- Revealed on Vicky's Facebook (screenshot)
- Revealed in Twilight, page 172
- Revealed in Dawn, page 237
- Revealed in Bramblestar's Storm, chapter 35
- Revealed in Bramblestar's Storm, page 468
- Revealed in The Sight, page 135
- Revealed in The Fourth Apprentice, allegiances
- Revealed in Mistystar's Omen, chapter 7
- Revealed in Bramblestar's Storm, allegiances
- Revealed on the screenshot) (
- Revealed in The Sight, allegiances
- Revealed in Twilight, allegiances
- Revealed in Twilight, page 154
- Revealed on the screenshot) (
- Revealed in Leopardstar's Honor, page 320
- Revealed in Leopardstar's Honor, page 198
- Revealed in Crookedstar's Promise, page 209
- Revealed in Crookedstar's Promise, page 222
- Revealed in Twilight, page 167
- Revealed in Leopardstar's Honor, page 112
- Revealed in Crookedstar's Promise, page 138
- Revealed on Kate's Facebook (screenshot)
- Revealed on Vicky's Facebook