|"I'd rather be a cave-guard. I'd fight every cat that tries to trespass on our territory."|
|— Pine expressing his desires to be a cave guard in Sign of the Moon, page 2|
Pine That Clings to Rock, more commonly known as Pine, is a light brown tom.
- 1 History
- 2 Character pixels
- 3 Official art
- 4 Kin
- 5 Appearances
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Quotes
- 8 Notes and references
In the Omen of the Stars arc
- Brook: "They've been really good. Lark is growing so strong and sturdy, and Pine jumps really well."
- Lark: "We've been hunting. I caught three eagles!"
- Sign of the Moon, page 4
- Pine is first seen in the prologue with his mother, Brook, and his sister, Lark. Brook asks him why he doesn't try to jump high like his sister, and that when he became a prey-hunter, he would need to be able to jump high to catch prey. He says he'd rather be a cave-guard than a prey-hunter like his mother, but his mother knows that Stoneteller wouldn't allow it. Pine's father, Stormfur, also a prey-hunter, returns from patrol, and comes to see his kits. Brook tells him that Pine doesn't want to be a prey-hunter, and Stormfur says that there's no reason why he has to, but Brook quiets him, telling him that Stoneteller was within earshot and could hear.
- He and his sister Lark sneak up on Jayfeather, the medicine cat visiting from ThunderClan. Pine reassures Lark that Jayfeather is blind, and wouldn't be able to see them sneaking up on him. However, Jayfeather has good senses and hears them talking, so when they reach him, he scares them away, asking them if they were looking for something. They are seen running back to their mother, who comforts them saying they only surprised Jayfeather. Pine says that Jayfeather was a weird and scary blind cat.
- When the patrols are going out, Pine and Lark don't want Brook to leave them, but she then tells them the elders will look after them. First, Talon tells them the story of Sharptooth. Talon then entices them with a game and then starts to explain the rules. Both Pine and Lark think they will win, until Bird quietly comes up and tells them that it takes skill and patience. It's a hunting game, where they have to catch a feather.
In the Super Editions
- Coming Soon
In the Novellas
- When Dovewing meets Breeze, she remarks that Breeze must be a younger sister of Pine. Dovewing mews that the last time she was in the mountains, Pine and his sister, Lark, were both kits. After returning to the cave where the Tribe lives, Tawnypelt is introduced to both Pine and Lark, who bow their heads politely upon seeing Tawnypelt. Stormfur says that the last time any Clan cat was in the mountains, Pine had been a small kit, but now he has grown into a fine cave-guard.
- When Shadowkit has a vision that the Tribe cats need to leave the cave and escape, Pine is anxious and asks if they really have to leave. Stoneteller says that they do, and that he believes in Shadowkit's vision. After they make it to the top of the waterfall, Pine works together with his sister, Lark, and attempts to dislodge the stones to shift the path of the water.
In the Field Guides
- On Stormfur and Brook Where Small Fish Swim's page, it notes that that when Stormfur decided to join the Tribe, Brook became his mate and later gave birth to his kits—Lark That Sings At Dawn and Pine That Clings To Rock.
Please do not edit this gallery
Please do not edit this gallery
- Lark That Sings at Dawn: Living (As of Graystripe's Vow)
- Breeze That Rustles the Leaves: Living (As of Graystripe's Vow)
- Willowpelt: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Willowbreeze: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Adderfang: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Shellheart: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Reedfeather: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Swiftbreeze: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Rainflower: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Fallowtail: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Flashnose: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Willownose: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Talon of Swooping Eagle:Living (As of Sign of the Moon)
- Teller of the Pointed Stones: Living (As of Graystripe's Vow)
- Leopardfoot: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Spottedleaf: Deceased, no residence
- Graypool: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Cedarpelt: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Marshcloud: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Shyheart: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Applefrost: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Eaglewing: Living (As of The Place of No Stars)
- Plumstone: Living (As of The Place of No Stars)
- Shellfur: Living (As of The Place of No Stars)
- Stemleaf: Deceased, verified Place of No Stars member
- Honeyfern: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Poppyfrost: Living (As of The Place of No Stars)
- Cinderheart: Living (As of The Place of No Stars)
- Lilyheart: Living (As of The Place of No Stars)
- Seedpaw: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Molepaw: Deceased, verified StarClan member
= Gender Unknown
- Pine: "I want to go."
- To-be: "You're too small. An eagle would eat you in one bite."
- Sign of the Moon, page 4
- Lark: "Have you come to join the Tribe?"
- Squirrelflight: "No, we're just visiting."
- Sign of the Moon, page 146
- "I saw them stalking you. They could do with a few lessons in respect. It's hard for them. They're strong and active, but they're not allowed outside the cave at all until they become to-be's."
- ―Screech to Jayfeather about Pine and Lark Sign of the Moon, page 175
Notes and references
- Revealed in Sign of the Moon, allegiances
- Revealed in Tawnypelt's Clan, chapter 6
- Revealed in Sign of the Moon, page 2
- Revealed in Forest of Secrets, page 221
- Revealed in Moonrise, page 231
- Revealed in Fire and Ice, page 155
- Revealed in Graystripe's Vow, page 44
- Revealed in Crookedstar's Promise, page 474
- Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 32
- Revealed in Crookedstar's Promise, page 8
- Revealed in Battles of the Clans, page 54
- Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 362
- Revealed in Crookedstar's Promise, allegiances
- Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, allegiances
- Revealed in Goosefeather's Curse, chapter 3
- Revealed in Mapleshade's Vengeance, chapter 8
- Revealed on the screenshot) (
- Revealed in Crookedstar's Promise, page 480
- Revealed in Moonrise, page 227
- Revealed in Outcast, allegiances
- Revealed in Eclipse, page 159
- Revealed in Rising Storm, page 120
- Revealed in Crookedstar's Promise, page 138
- Revealed on Kate's Facebook
- Revealed in Mapleshade's Vengeance, chapter 2
- Revealed in Shattered Sky, page 47
- Revealed in Sunset, page 27
- Revealed in The Forgotten Warrior, page 146
- Revealed in Firestar's Quest, pages 496-497
- Revealed in Into the Wild, allegiances
|Tribe of Rushing Water (modern) cats|
|Prey-hunters||Brook Where Small Fish Swim • Feather of Flying Hawk|
|Cave-guards||Stormfur • Sheer Path Beside Waterfall • Night of No Stars • Moss that Grows by River • Snow Falling on Stones • Lark That Sings at Dawn • Pine That Clings to Rock • Thorn That Grows in Cleft • Moon Shining on Water|
|To-bes||Breeze That Rustles the Leaves|
|Elders||Bird That Rides the Wind|
|Unknown||Crest of Snowy Mountain|