|"You are fast and smart. I've seen you hunt and I've watched you practice battle moves. You have all the skills you need to make this crossing."|
|— Rabbitleap reassuring Violetpaw in Darkest Night, page 90|
Rabbitleap is a SkyClan warrior under Leafstar's leadership in the gorge and lake territories. He was born as Rabbitkit to Fallowfern and Waspwhisker alongside his littermates, Plumkit, Nettlekit, and Creekkit. As an apprentice, Rabbitpaw wanted to prove to Leafstar that he could become a warrior, and accompanied his Clan to the Twolegplace to help fight the dogs. After becoming a warrior, Rabbitleap mentored Parsleyseed and journeyed with his Clanmates to find ThunderClan after Darktail drove SkyClan from the gorge. Upon arriving at the lake, he mentored Violetshine and Palesky, and became mates with Bellaleaf, fathering two unnamed kits and Wrenkit, whom he also mentored.
- 1 History
- 1.1 In the A Vision of Shadows arc
- 1.2 In The Broken Code arc
- 1.3 In the Super Editions
- 1.4 In the Novellas
- 1.5 In the SkyClan and the Stranger arc
- 2 Character pixels
- 3 Official art
- 4 Family
- 5 Appearances
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Quotes
- 8 External links
- 9 Notes and references
In the A Vision of Shadows arc
- "Rabbitleap had stayed close to Violetpaw, training her as they traveled without ever being bossy. He'd hunted beside her, gently offering advice on stalking techniques and scent trails."
- ―Rabbitleap and Violetpaw on the journey home Darkest Night, pages 232-233
- Violetpaw wakes up in the middle of the night, spotting Molewhisker shove Rabbitleap in his sleep. The latter wriggles and snorts before falling silent again. Later, as the group of cats continue forward, Rabbitleap's pelt is ruffled from sleep. They reach Barley's farm, and the brown tom tells Cloudmist and Cherrytail that Macgyver and Sandynose are at their new camp, and Tinycloud has had kits. He continues about how Plumwillow's kits are apprentices now. Rabbitleap tries to convince Cherrytail and Cloudmist to rejoin SkyClan; he mentions that they're barely even a Clan, and they don't even have a medicine cat. Later, Rabbitleap and the others finally reach the gorge, pelts dusty from the journey. When Fidgetpaw appears, he stares happily at Rabbitleap and Blossomheart as they wind around him. The brown tom enters a hollow near the stream, closely followed by Mintfur's kits. Nettlesplash asks what happened to Darktail's rogues, and Rabbitleap replies that the other Clans chased them off.
- The next day, Rabbitleap clusters around Violetpaw with the others to look at the Twoleg nest where Frecklewish is trapped. Later, as they begin their plan to rescue the medicine cat, the brown tom comments that he's glad he's not climbing the tree. Frecklewish escapes the Twoleg, so Rabbitleap and the rest of the SkyClan cats hare towards the gorge. Violetpaw thinks about how Rabbitleap has gently trained her along the journey back to the lake, offering tips and support. After the black-and-white apprentice finds Tree, the other cats form a circle around him, the brown tom standing behind him with his hackles high. After getting to know the loner a little bit better, Rabbitleap comments that he seems friendly. When the journeying cats arrive at SkyClan's territory, it is noted to reek of ShadowClan. Rabbitleap leans forward to sniff a bramble. He suggests inspecting the camp. The tom looks bewildered as he sees ShadowClan apprentices in the SkyClan camp. Later, Violetpaw earns her warrior name of Violetshine.
- After they return to SkyClan, Rabbitleap has received his niece Palepaw as an apprentice.
In The Broken Code arc
- Rabbitleap is now mentoring his daughter Wrenpaw.
- When Leafstar calls another Clan meeting following Needleclaw's warrior ceremony, Rabbitleap sits next to his apprentice, Wrenpaw. Later, after Rootpaw decides to become a medicine cat apprentice, Rabbitleap enters the medicine cats' den for Rootpaw to treat a thorn in his paw, but Rootpaw freezes at the sight of blood on Rabbitleap's muzzle and chest. Frecklewish chastises him since it's only a thorn in Rabbitleap's paw and treats him. Rabbitleap apologizes and explains he caught a squirrel earlier and didn't mean to get blood all over himself. Frecklewish pulls the thorn out and orders him to stay off his paw for the rest of the day, and Rabbitleap thanks her.
- Coming Soon
In the Super Editions
- "It's not that I don't want to! But when I get up there, I don't know where to put my feet. And I...well, I get scared."
- ―Rabbitpaw about climbing trees SkyClan's Destiny, page 1— manga
- When Billystorm decides to show his apprentice, Snookpaw, some fighting moves, providing he goes back to his Twoleg, Fallowfern's kits disagree, asking him to teach them instead. Billystorm and Leafstar offer to watch the kits so that Fallowfern can have some rest. The two lead the kits to the training area, and teach them to climb trees. Leafstar commands Rabbitkit to climb up to the first branch of a tree. When he finishes scrambling up the tree, he boasts in excitement. His sister, Plumkit, went ahead and climbed up the tree nearly all the way. Leafstar quickly gets her down soon, however. After they finish practicing on the tree, Rabbitkit and his littermates pretend that Leafstar and Billystorm are enemies. The kits return to their nests after sharing a blackbird that Billystorm caught. Later, Rabbitkit has pains in his stomach, so Frecklepaw and Echosong went off to fetch herbs for him.
- Rabbitkit and his littermates once again play, pretending to scare off a huge Twoleg from attacking the camp. Plumkit and Rabbitkit both want to be Sharpclaw, and Rabbitkit says that Plumkit cannot be Sharpclaw, anyways, because she's a she-kit. When Nettlekit wants to pretend to be Billystorm, Rabbitkit, Plumkit, and Creekkit disagree, saying that he's a kittypet. Nettlekit later gives in, deciding to be Sparrowpelt. When Echosong talks to Leafstar about having Frecklepaw for her apprentice, Leafstar once again disagrees. In a suggestion, she offered one of Fallowfern's kits. However, all the kits mew in protest. Rabbitkit says that he thinks being a medicine cat is boring.
- Later on, when the Clan cats hear a mysterious noise, presumably a Twoleg, Rabbitkit and Plumkit claim that the horrible old Twoleg is coming to get them. Clovertail says it's nonsense, telling the kits to stop trying to frighten every cat, and if it was a Twoleg, it'd be a young one. The Clan decides to investigate, and leaves Clovertail and Fallowfern to take care of the kits. Soon after they investigate briefly, Plumkit pretends to be an injured Twoleg, wailing for help. Rabbitkit joins in with the pretend game in a playful manner.
- Fallowfern's kits manage to get up on the Rockpile. With Plumkit pretending to be leader, she names all her littermates to warriors. When Nettlekit refuses to accept the name, he snarls, saying that he wants to live with Twolegs so he won't have to hunt for his food, nor sleep on mold with Plumkit's paws in his mouth. Leafstar says that if they don't want to become apprentices, that's fine, and lists out all the things they wouldn't be able to do. Rabbitkit steps in, protesting that it was just a game. When Leafstar turns her back, Rabbitkit boasts that he'll be the best at hunting, followed quickly by Plumkit's disagreement.
- In the comic at the end of the book, Rabbitpaw is on his warrior assessment and brings down a plump squirrel. When he is told that the assignment was to catch a bird by climbing a tree, he objects that feeding the Clan is more important and a fat squirrel would feed more mouths rather than a bird. Billystorm points out that climbing trees is a very important part of being in SkyClan, but Rabbitpaw then admits that he struggles to climb trees and doesn't know where to put his paws. He asks Leafstar if he'll ever be a warrior, and Leafstar simply replies that she doesn't know, as climbing trees is a very important part of the warrior assessment. Then Harveymoon and Macgyver arrive and tell them about the dogs terrorizing the Twolegplace.
- At night, after Leafstar rounds up the patrol, Rabbitpaw begs Leafstar to take him with them. Leafstar uncertainly agrees and tells him to keep close to her. A kittypet informs them where they should find the dogs, and Leafstar then splits the team into two. Rabbitpaw stays with Leafstar with Sharpclaw's order while the rest go to the indicated Twoleg nest. Leafstar and Rabbitpaw hear the dogs getting closer and run into a dead end. Leafstar spots the kittypet from before, and hisses that it had lied to them. The kittypet snarls that the cats of Twolegplace don't need intruders meddling in their lives. Rabbitpaw looks for a way out, and points out that they could hide in the silver bins. While doing so, one of the dogs knocks over the silver bin and Leafstar injures her leg, trapping the Clan cats. Rabbitpaw resolves to fetch help, insisting he can still fight despite not being able to scale the fence. He escapes the silver bin and leads the dogs away from Leafstar. On cue, Sharpclaw's patrol arrives and together with Rabbitpaw, they fight off the dogs. When the Clan returns to camp, Rabbitpaw is made a warrior with the name of Rabbitleap, along with his siblings: Plumwillow, Creekfeather, and Nettlesplash. Leafstar reaffirms Rabbitleap that he proved tonight that he's a warrior of SkyClan.
- "We're all exhausted. We'd have to have bees in our brains to leave a place as good as this."
- ―Rabbitleap about leaving their new camp Hawkwing's Journey, pages 313-314
- When Hawkwing wakes up, he steps quietly around a snoring Rabbitleap. However, Rabbitleap is woken when he realizes rogues are attacking. He battles a group of rogues at the edge of the river with Tinycloud and Harrybrook. Despite the warriors' efforts, the Clan is driven out. When they regroup, Echosong tells about a vision involving a body of water. Rabbitleap asks if she means the river and is about to mention something else before being interrupted. Echosong explains that her vision means the Clan are to leave and settle by a lake and Leafstar plans to leave and do so. Plumwillow protests they cannot leave without knowing what happened to their missing Clanmates. Rabbitleap agrees with her, asking about Frecklewish and Mistfeather, and openly wonders where they are. SkyClan decides to leave anyway, and Rabbitleap's apprentice, Parsleypaw, has his warrior ceremony beforehand. Leafstar asks Rabbitleap if his apprentice has been well trained and knows what it means to be a warrior. Rabbitleap solemnly agrees he has and he does.
- During the journey to find ThunderClan, SkyClan passes through the Twolegplace where Stick and Dodge's cats live. Leafstar wants to avoid all of them, but Rabbitleap points out they don't need to. He states that some are friends and remembers them living with the Clan, although he was only a kit at the time. He reminds the Clan that they were friendly. They see their friends anyway, and Shorty recognizes Rabbitleap as Rabbitkit, calling him a great hulking creature. Rabbitleap corrects him, and introduces his sister's warrior name too. Dodge captures Curlypaw, and Rabbitleap is selected as part of the patrol to get her back.
- The Clan eventually settles beside a lake, but Echosong protests it is not the one she saw in her vision. Rabbitleap asks if she means they have to leave and travel more, protesting that his paws are still worn out. Echosong insists they must keep going but Rabbitleap explains they are exhausted. He exchanges a doubtful glance with Birdwing as he adds they are insane to leave a place as good as this. The camp is attacked by Twolegs and dogs however, and Hawkwing and Plumwillow escape with Plumwillow's kits. Rabbitleap is part of the patrol that finds them. The Twolegs attack the camp again, this time with strange clothing and sticks with cobwebs at the end. Rabbitleap asks what they are doing, but no one answers. The Twolegs capture SkyClan cats using the cobwebs and leave. Leafstar decides to leave but Sagenose protests about leaving Fidgetpaw and Birdwing, and Rabbitleap also adds about leaving Waspwhisker too. When Firefern and Rileypool die of a sickness, Hawkwing puts Rabbitleap as part of the patrol to bury them.
- At the ShadowClan-SkyClan border, Rabbitleap stands beside Sandynose, fur ruffled and eyes alight. Rabbitleap politely dips his head to Tigerheart, stating his hope that they are having better luck with hunting than they are. The ShadowClan deputy replies they aren't yet. A ShadowClan hunting patrol chases a rabbit over the border and Tigerheart misses it, so Rabbitleap races after a pursuing Sandynose. Tigerheart admits to the patrol that he missed the prey because he was talking to Rabbitleap and Sandynose. The two SkyClan warriors return back to the border having successfully caught the rabbit. They give it to the ShadowClan cats, and Grassheart dips her head to them, stating it was very nice of them. Rabbitleap and Sandynose leave the border without another word. Grassheart comments that they were generous, and Tigerheart agrees they are lucky to live near very honorable warriors. When Plumwillow catches a rabbit on ShadowClan territory, she points out that Rabbitleap and Sandynose caught them a rabbit on SkyClan land and ShadowClan took it away since it came from their territory. Juniperclaw replies if they want to give away food, it is up to them. Tigerheart protests that ShadowClan owes SkyClan for the prey Rabbitleap and Sandynose gave them.
- Rabbitleap's former apprentice, Palepaw, is now a warrior named Palesky.
In the Novellas
- Rabbitleap calls to Riley and Bella, and Riley explains to Ravenpaw that his name is Rabbitleap and that they're going on patrol with him later on.
In the SkyClan and the Stranger arc
- Rabbitleap gives Honeypaw, Birdpaw and Sandypaw a lesson on jumping. He then gives a sample jump and says they'll be surprised by how high they can jump with practice. Lichenfur is watching and seems to dislike the idea. Waspwhisker retorts that there's no need to be rude, as his son's skill is something to be proud of. The three apprentices are eager to start and all jump on top of a rock. Clovertail arrives and tells them to be careful, and Birdpaw replies that they're being careful. However, the moment she says that, she falls off and wounds her eye, and Clovertail rushes over to see if she's okay. Fallowfern then scolds Rabbitleap for not pushing them too far, and Rabbitleap then feels guilty and apologizes.
Please do not edit this gallery
Please do not edit this gallery
- Rabbitleap's parents are Fallowfern and Waspwhisker, and his littermates are Nettlesplash, Plumwillow, and Creekfeather. His mate is Bellaleaf, and Wrenpaw and two unnamed kits are their children. For more of Rabbitleap's family, click here!
- SkyClan's Destiny (First appearance)
- The Rescue
- Ravenpaw's Farewell
- Hawkwing's Journey
- Pebbleshine's Kits (Allegiance only)
- Darkest Night
- Tigerheart's Shadow
- River of Fire (Allegiance only)
- Tawnypelt's Clan (Allegiance only)
- Spotfur's Rebellion (Allegiance only)
- The Raging Storm (Allegiance only)
- Squirrelflight's Hope (Allegiance only)
- Lost Stars (Allegiance only)
- The Silent Thaw (Allegiance only)
- Veil of Shadows
- Darkness Within (Allegiance only)
- Graystripe's Vow (Allegiance only)
- Daisy's Kin (Allegiance only)
- The Place of No Stars
The following information is from sources considered non-canon or retconned.
- Billystorm: "I'll teach you to pounce on me!"
- Rabbitkit: "Teach me too! I'm not scared of you!"
- SkyClan's Destiny, page 193
- Plumkit: "I'm going to be Sharpclaw! I'll lead the attack!"
- Rabbitkit: "But I want to be Sharpclaw! Anyway, you're a she-cat, mouse-brain. You can't be Sharpclaw."
- SkyClan's Destiny, pages 302-303
- "What do you mean, 'what's this?' It's a squirrel! And a meaty one, too!"
- ―Rabbitpaw asking what's wrong with his squirrel SkyClan's Destiny, page 1—manga
- Leafstar: "Rabbitpaw...we're trapped in here, aren't we?"
- Rabbitpaw: "Not if I can help it. You stay put...I'm going to wiggle out and fetch help."
- SkyClan's Destiny, page 8—manga
- "You have proven yourself a worthy warrior of SkyClan tonight, Rabbitleap. Beyond any doubt. And I am proud to be your leader."
- ―Leafstar praising the newly named Rabbitleap SkyClan's Destiny, page 12—manga
- Plumwillow: "We can't leave! Not without knowing what happened to our other Clanmates."
- Rabbitleap: "Yes! What about Frecklewish, or Mistfeather? Where are they?"
- Hawkwing's Journey, page 227
- (Allegiance only)
- (Allegiance only)
- (Indirect mention only)
- (Allegiance only)
- (Allegiance only)
- (Allegiance only)
Notes and references
- Revealed in SkyClan's Destiny, allegiances
- Revealed in Veil of Shadows, page 257
- Revealed in SkyClan's Destiny manga
- Revealed in Ravenpaw's Farewell, allegiances
- Revealed in Tigerheart's Shadow, allegiances
- Revealed in River of Fire, allegiances
- Revealed in The Silent Thaw, allegiances
- Revealed in SkyClan and the Stranger, page 3
- Revealed in SkyClan's Destiny, page 91
- Revealed in SkyClan and the Stranger
- Revealed on Vicky's Facebook
|Medicine cats||Frecklewish • Fidgetflake|
|Warriors||Sparrowpelt • Tinycloud • Sagenose • Mintfur • Nettlesplash • Rabbitleap (Wrenpaw) • Plumwillow • Macgyver • Harrybrook • Blossomheart • Bellaleaf • Dewspring • Reedclaw • Violetshine • Fringewhisker • Palesky • Gravelnose • Quailfeather • Pigeonfoot • Sunnypelt • Kitescratch • Turtlecrawl • Needleclaw • Rootspring|
|Kits||Beekit • Beetlekit|