|"Perhaps this is a test from StarClan? There is too much weakness in the forest and only the strongest Clans deserve to survive. I'd say that my Clan is doing pretty well right now."|
|— Rabbitstar in Battles of the Clans, page 139|
Rabbitstar is a tom.
In the Field Guides
- He had been ordering his warriors to take ThunderClan prey during a harsh leaf-bare. During a Gathering, he protests against Morningstar's proposal for all the Clans to share prey together; he also insults Willowstar when he says WindClan would never eat fish. He suggests that StarClan may be testing the Clans, to purge any weakness and let only the strongest survive; he implies that his Clan is the strongest. He shows no mercy to Morningstar, and calls him old and weak while implying that his Clan will continue to steal ThunderClan prey. He blames ThunderClan for what he is doing to them, and tells Morningstar that while they ate ThunderClan's fresh prey, they would have to live on crowfood. He doesn't seem to care that ThunderClan is dying of hunger.
- The ThunderClan deputy, Leafstorm, comes to WindClan with a patrol to speak to Rabbitstar again. Rabbitstar does not like this plan and has his warriors attack the patrol. When the patrol returns to ThunderClan, Morningstar mentions that WindClan is without honor.
- "My cats won't eat your slimy fish anyway! We'd rather go hungry!"
- —Rabbitstar to Willowstar Battles of the Clans, page 138
- "What? How dare you accuse us?"
- —Rabbitstar Battles of the Clans, page 137
- "You're the weak one, old cat. Better start sniffing out that crow-food, because you won't be having any fresh-kill in a while."
- —Rabbitstar to Morningstar Battles of the Clans, page 139