|"Not like this one. He is as large as a horse. He has tusks as thick as sycamore branches and a fleece of black hair as sharp as thorns. He killed one of our apprentices."|
|— Goldenstar about Rage in Secrets of the Clans, page 162|
Rage is a giant, male wild boar with thick tusks and black fur.
In the Field Guides
- In the great Clan myth, "How LeopardClan Won the River", there were many wild boars running in the forest. One of them is Rage, a boar much more vicious and large than the others, with huge tusks as thick as sycamore branches and a fleece of black hair as sharp as thorns. He was also mentioned to have killed one of the apprentices of LionClan.
- Fleetfoot, a LeopardClan warrior, agrees to kill Rage in exchange for LeopardClan's claim to the river for one moon. Fleetfoot follows the boar's scent trail until she finds it. Rage is under a tree, nosing at the ground. She charges him, frightening the boar away, and chases him as he runs. Rage runs so fast that, when he gets to the gorge, he cannot stop himself, and flies over the edge. The LeopardClan warrior jumps into the river after him, and pins him underwater, drowning him.
- Fleetfoot is washed up on the shore of the river, cold and tired. But, Fury, Rage's mate, attacks an already exhausted Fleetfoot. The two fight for three days, but in the end, Fleetfoot chases Fury onto the stepping stones, where Fury loses her footing, thus falling into the river and meeting her death.
- Secrets of the Clans † (First appearance; retconned)
- "We call him Rage. A TigerClan hunting party met him in the woods two days ago, but he escaped us. He fights with the strength of ten warriors and can kill with a single blow of his fierce tusks."
- —Shadestar describing Rage to the other Clans Secrets of the Clans, page 162
- "She leaped at him with a ferocious yowl, and the boar, started, turned and ran."
- —Narration of the beginning of Fleetfoot's chase Secrets of the Clans, page 163
- "Fleetfoot chased Rage through the forest, leaping fallen trees, dodging bushes, staying close on his heels."
- —Narration Secrets of the Clans, page 163
Notes and references
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.