|"Nothing can stand against the force of water, just as nothing can defeat RiverClan warriors when we rise up together. But when trouble comes, RiverClan knows how to weave through the dangers, adapting to the changed world, just as the river flows around rocks and over waterfalls. We are grace. We are power. We are RiverClan."|
|— Leopardstar on RiverClan in Secrets of the Clans, page 40|
RiverClan is a group of cats that live in a part of the forest that is primarily wetland, or shores of lakes, rivers, and streams. Their founding leader, Riverstar, got his name due to the river that saved his life, so by extension the name was thought to be given to the Clan.
RiverClan is one of the five major Clans and consider StarClan to be their warrior ancestors. They used to live on the reedy, pebbly plain near a river with very few trees, but now live in a patch of land surrounded by two streams. RiverClan cats are known for their amazing skill at fishing and love for the water. They also love beautiful things and are known to collect rocks, shells, and feathers to decorate their dens. They eat mainly fish, but they also eat water voles, shrews, and mice. They are contented, sleek, well-fed cats with well-groomed fur. They are known to be clever and graceful but are perceived outside their Clan as being stubborn and lazy. Their long fur and glossy coats are an asset while swimming. RiverClan gets by in leaf-bare because according to other Clans, they fatten themselves on fish during greenleaf in preparation for leaf-bare. RiverClan cats dislike adding birds to their fresh-kill pile. Sometimes other Clan cats call them "fish-faces", or "fish-breath". They are quite strong swimmers and move through the water as if they are part of it. Their lightning reflexes help them scoop fish from the bank. RiverClan cats often go well-fed, even during leaf-bare, and their sleek and handsome pelts are often something Twolegs are attracted to. Many Twolegs see this, and often take these cats to live in their homes, although RiverClan keeps quiet about it because many of those cats do not come back.
- Camp - A well-drained island surrounded by the river and reeds. The other Clans' fear of water means this camp has never been attacked.
- The Gorge - A deep gorge cut by the river in the terrain, border with WindClan. Apprentices are forbidden to go near it.
- The River - A source of food and protection to the Clan. Sometimes, it is peaceful while other times, it floods.
- Twoleg Bridge - A bridge built by Twolegs that allows the cats to go to Fourtrees when the river is high.
- Beech copse - A training area for apprentices and warriors.
The whole camp is surrounded by reeds. In the central area, the cats lie and share tongues in the sun. In the tangle of one of the reeds, there is the warrior's den. It is also right next to the nursery. On the roof of the den, cats have woven in sparkling rocks and shells from the river. The light dances on them, making beautiful reflections. The river comes up very close to the nursery. The walls are built very thickly to prevent the nursery from floating away in a flood. The nursery is also close to the river so the kits can practice getting wet and sometimes swimming, helping them for when they become apprentices. Across the central clearing, the elder's den, leader's den, apprentice's den, and the medicine's den dwell. They are all in a tangle of reeds covered by a hard reedy roof.
The Lake territory for RiverClan does not have any name by Twolegs. However, the Twoleg names for the borders are Littlepine Road, Littlepine Sailing Center, and Whitechurch Road. The territory includes the River Alba. Landmarks here include:
- Camp - Like the other camp, this camp is tucked away on a piece of land surrounded by two streams, making it well-defended.
- Greenleaf Twolegplace - During greenleaf, Twolegs come here to swim noisily.
- Halfbridge - A peculiar bridge that ends halfway in the water. Twoleg boats are anchored to it.
- Lake Shore - RiverClan owns the south to western part of the lake shore.
The camp is full of lush trees and streams full of fish. There is a main stream that joins a smaller one, and on that triangle of land, RiverClan's camp resides. In the camp, there is a nest of brambles which is where the nursery is. It is strongly reinforced. In other thickets are the elder's and leader's den. The medicine cat's den is behind a thorn bush and overhangs the stream. The earth was washed away, leaving a pool in the roots and a hole in the bank. This is essential for the medicine cat who can store their supplies and get fresh water at any time. There aren't as many shiny things as in the old camp, but Twolegs often leave behind shiny things that the cats can use to decorate their nests. However, they have to be careful, as not all Twoleg things are safe for them.
- Coming Soon
- Coming Soon
- Coming Soon
- Coming Soon
- Coming Soon
History of ranks
- Dovestar's succession is unknown, but they appears in "Rules That Did Not Become Part of the Code" of Code of the Clans.
- Black Ear gave RiverClan its name.
- In The Ultimate Guide, Crookedstar says that in the lake territories, RiverClan first settled on the island, to make their camp. At first, the island was thought to be a Gathering spot, but there was no way to access it without swimming. However, when a branch fell, it created a walkway to the island, making it the new Gathering place, and leaving RiverClan to choose a new camp.
- "RiverClan is like the river. Always flowing, yet never changing."
- —Mudfur about RiverClan Crookedstar's Promise, page 375
- RiverClan on the Warriors official website
References and citations
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 48
- ↑ Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 5
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 40
- ↑ Revealed in Crookedstar's Promise, page 14
- ↑ Revealed in Sunset, page 96
- ↑ Revealed in Battles of the Clans, page 39
- ↑ Revealed in Cats of the Clans, page 58
- ↑ Revealed in Cats of the Clans, page 59
- ↑ Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 82
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 41
- ↑ Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 42
- ↑ Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 43
- ↑ Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 86
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 14.2 14.3 Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 47
- ↑ Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 49
- ↑ Revealed in Code of the Clans, page 155
- ↑ Revealed in Path of Stars, page 304
- ↑ Revealed in The Ultimate Guide, page 118