This page contains Rootpaw's personality and relationships. It may containdue to its nature of being based off of general novel themes. All statements should have a source.
- Rootpaw is a very sensitive cat; he often feels embarrassed about his past mistakes and wishes he wasn't so easily affected by other cat's opinions of him. Because of his father's unorthodox nature, Rootpaw feels he has to prove his place in SkyClan as a true warrior, and is overjoyed whenever earning the respect of his Clan.
- "But you're one of the greatest cats I've ever met. You saved my life when my own Clanmates were too scared even to try [...] you'll be one of the warriors who gets your Clan back on its paws. I'm sure of it."
- —Rootpaw encouraging Bristlefrost Lost Stars, pages 185-186
- When Rootpaw begins to show more interest in Bristlefrost and even sneaks into ThunderClan to see her, Bristlefrost is annoyed at him for tarnishing her reputation. Unbeknownst to her, Rootpaw was using seeing her as an excuse to deliver a message to Squirrelflight from Bramblestar's ghost. At first, Bristlefrost doesn't believe him that her leader is an imposter, but when she discovers the truth, she decides to help Rootpaw in outing the imposter and restoring Bramblestar as leader of ThunderClan.
- "You should try not to worry what your Clanmates think. If you're true to yourself, you'll prove them all wrong."
- —Needlepaw comforting Rootpaw Lost Stars, pages 64-65
- When Rootpaw begins to act weird and seems to be talking to someone who isn’t there, Needlepaw tries to get her brother to confide in her, but Rootpaw does not tell her about Bramblestar’s ghost for her own safety.
- "This is why you should be your own cat. Like it or not, you have a different ancestry from most other young cats in SkyClan. The way of the warrior is not the only way, and you should be grateful for the chance to see that. There's more to life than fighting and showing yourself off as a strong cat. It's not always about who is the biggest and bravest."
- —Tree giving advice to Rootpaw Lost Stars, page 60
- When Rootpaw begins to be visited by Bramblestar’s ghost, he seeks help from Tree, and is very touched when his father believes and comforts him. Tree helps Rootpaw by pretending to be the one talking to and summoning the ghost so that Rootpaw does not have to reveal that he can see it.
- Since Rootpaw is the only one who can see Bramblestar’s ghost, Bramblestar often begs Rootpaw to help him get back to his body. Rootpaw is frightened by the ghost, and tries to avoid it. However, when it does not go away, Rootpaw realizes that he has to do something to help it. He agrees to take a message to Squirrelflight, and is helped by Tree in revealing the ghost to Tigerstar and ShadowClan. Rootpaw and Tree are now trying to reinstate Bramblestar as ThunderClan’s leader and oust the imposter.
- "Violetshine was pretty normal, he supposed, always calm and collected — except over Needletail."
- —Rootpaw thinking about his mother Lost Stars, page 276
- When the codebreakers are being called out, Violetshine warns Rootpaw to stop seeing Bristlefrost, not wanting to him be punished too. Rootpaw agrees, but isn't sure he can keep the promise.
- "I was beginning to think he'd always be disappointed in me."
- —Rootpaw about Dewspring Lost Stars, page 96
- When Rootpaw’s interest in Bristlefrost and his constant distraction by Bramblestar’s ghost begins to interfere with his training, Dewspring is confused and disappointed that he has to delay his apprentice’s warrior ceremony because of this. He tries to convince Rootpaw not to be interested in Bristlefrost, and even talks to Leafstar about these recent developments in Rootpaw’s training.
- "You should know better than to attack us. We're older than you, and better fighters. And don't lash out at as just because Kitepaw is right. Maybe you should go be weird somewhere else!"
- —Turtlepaw to Rootpaw Lost Stars, page 25
Notes and references
- ↑ Revealed in Lost Stars, page 59
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Revealed in Lost Stars, page 60
- ↑ Revealed in Lost Stars, page 65
- ↑ Revealed in Lost Stars, page 90
- ↑ Revealed in Lost Stars, page 155
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Revealed in Lost Stars, page 94
- ↑ Revealed in Lost Stars, page 32
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Revealed in Lost Stars, chapter 5
- ↑ Revealed in Lost Stars, chapter 11
- ↑ Revealed in Lost Stars, page 156
- ↑ Revealed in Lost Stars, chapter 17
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 12.3 12.4 12.5 Revealed in The Silent Thaw
- ↑ Revealed in Lost Stars, page 15
- ↑ Revealed in Lost Stars, pages 116-117
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 15.2 Revealed in Lost Stars, chapter 2
- ↑ Revealed in Lost Stars, pages 63-4
- ↑ Revealed in Lost Stars, page 58
- ↑ Revealed in Lost Stars, page 92
- ↑ Revealed in Lost Stars, page 119
- ↑ Revealed in Lost Stars, page 18
- ↑ Revealed in Lost Stars, page 276
- ↑ 22.0 22.1 Revealed in Lost Stars, page 96
- ↑ Revealed in Lost Stars, page 61
- ↑ Revealed in Lost Stars, chapter 8
- ↑ Revealed in Lost Stars, page 118
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.