|"My littermates said I was too small...too weak. But I have proven them wrong. I've learned how to be strong...how to live for blood. Because that's the key. The only answer. I am leader of BloodClan. I am Scourge. And I have won!"|
|— Scourge thinking about his victory over Tigerstar in The Rise of Scourge, page 82|
Scourge was the vicious leader of BloodClan. He is born as Tiny to Quince and Jake along with his siblings, Socks and Ruby as a kittypet. After a run-in with Tigerpaw that nearly kills him, Tiny flees to the Twolegplace. His attempts to break free of his collar results with dog teeth embedded in his collar, and he lies that he kills dogs to gain the respect of the Twolegplace cats. He renames himself Scourge, and rises as their leader.
Moons later, Tigerstar comes to BloodClan with an offer to Scourge in exchange for territory. Scourge agrees, but withdraws his cats from the potential fight with the Clans after learning of Tigerstar's treachery. In retaliation, Scourge murders Tigerstar when he attacks, and aspires to conquer the forest. Scourge is killed in battle with Firestar after the ThunderClan leader is revived. With their leader dead, BloodClan retreats, and is reduced to only a memory among the cats.
Looking for a longer overview? Find one here!
- "You see what happens to cats who defy BloodClan? Your friend here thought he could control us. He was wrong."
- —Scourge after killing Tigerstar The Darkest Hour, page 125
- He leads BloodClan in the Great Battle against the united force of LionClan. He takes Firestar's first life, but is then killed by the tom upon his revival. With the fall of their leader, BloodClan admits defeat and retreats.
- "I must have ice in my veins to do what I just did. I expect the ice to melt...But it doesn't. It just gets colder and colder...And I welcome it."
- —Scourge The Rise of Scourge, page 71
- Now in Twolegplace, Tiny is told he is a kittypet, and in an attempt to remove his collar, gets a dog tooth lodged in it. He lies to rogues that he fought and killed a dog so that he can eat. His story spreads and Tiny is taken by Bone and Brick to fight another dog that is causing cats to go hungry. Tiny goes to fight the dog, but, it is scared of his shadow and runs off. He renames himself Scourge from this moment on and is named as the leader of the Twolegplace cats.
- Securing his lead, Scourge kills a rogue to prove to his cats that he was a fit leader. He later banishes his littermates when they turn to him for help. Scourge meets with Tigerstar and Boulder, the tabby tom asking for his help. Scourge agrees and takes his cats to the forest and following Tigerstar's betrayal, the tom kills his old enemy, having never forgotten what he did to him many moons prior.
- Scourge is a small black tom with one white paw, ice-blue eyes, glossy fur, and a torn left ear. He has a purple collar studded with teeth from dogs and cats, and claws reinforced with dogs' teeth.
- Scourge does not walk in the Dark Forest because he does not believe in StarClan.
- Scourge hated the dog teeth that studded his collar. They smelled awful and pressed on his throat, making swallowing difficult. But he put up with the discomfort because he knew it made him look more fearsome.
- Vicky doesn't think that Scourge killed Jake.
- Kate thinks his collar is so dirty, you couldn't tell what color it is.
- Dan Jolley wrote Scourge's backstory to mirror Firestar's beginnings, only with a darker path in the end.
- He has been mistakenly called Blood.
- Scourge has been mistakenly said to be Violet's littermate.
Please do not edit this gallery
Please do not edit this gallery
This list shows the victims Scourge has killed:
- "I hate being small...I'd grow if I could."
- —Tiny on his size The Rise of Scourge, page 5
- "I try not to let it show, but it really hits me: nobody here has ever asked me what my name is. And you know what? It isn't 'Tiny'. Not anymore."
- —Scourge about his name The Rise of Scourge, page 57
- "Oh yes, blood is everything. But the only blood I'm interested in flows from my enemies. Look around you! These cats are bathed in blood. It soaks their fur and laps at their paws. This is why we survive! We are BLOODCLAN!"
- —Scourge to his littermates The Rise of Scourge, page 74
- "We are taking over this territory now. I shall rule the forest as well as the town. But I understand that you may need some time to reflect on this. You have three days to leave—or meet my Clan in battle. I shall wait for your decision at dawn on the fourth day."
- —Scourge to ThunderClan and WindClan The Darkest Hour, page 235
- "[...] Brambleclaw remembered the clearing at Fourtrees, the blood pouring out onto the grass as Tigerstar lost all nine lives at once. He saw Scourge looking down at his twitching body with cold triumph. Was that what Hawkfrost and Tigerstar wanted him to become?"
- —Brambleclaw remembering Tigerstar' death Sunset, pages 295-296
- "He sounded like a cat who had enjoyed killing."
- —Lionblaze thoughts on Scourge Sunrise, page 32
- Author Profile: Cherith Baldry on the Warriors official website (Mentioned only)
- Warrior of the Week Gallery #10 - Scourge on the Warriors official website (Warrior of the Week #10)
- We Hunt to Survive on the Warriors official website (Indirect mention only)
- Outpacing other 'Paws (and Mentors) on the Warriors official website (Mentioned only)
- Evil Lives Forever on the Warriors official website (Mentioned only)
- Creating an Antagonist on the Warriors official website (Mentioned only)
- Stand Together or Fall Divided on the Warriors official website (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Revealed in Erin Hunter Chat 3
- ↑ Revealed in Erin Hunter Chat 5
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Revealed in The Rise of Scourge, page 1
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 Revealed in The Darkest Hour, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in The Darkest Hour, page 307
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Revealed in The Darkest Hour, page 5
- ↑ Revealed in Spottedleaf's Heart, chapter 4
- ↑ Revealed in A Clan in Need, page 10
- ↑ Revealed on Kate's blog
- ↑ Revealed in The Darkest Hour, pages 228-229
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Revealed in The Darkest Hour, page 233
- ↑ Revealed in the Warriors App
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's Facebook
- ↑ Revealed on Kate's blog
- ↑ Revealed on the title page of The Rise of Scourge
- ↑ Revealed in the foreword of The Rise of Scourge
- ↑ Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 65
- ↑ Revealed in The Ultimate Guide, page 193
- ↑ Revealed in The Rise of Scourge, page 69
- ↑ Revealed in The Darkest Hour, page 300
- ↑ Since Scourge did not believe in StarClan when he died, it is assumed he is in no afterlife, as cats that go to the Dark Forest believe in StarClan.
|Members||Brick • Hoot • Jumper • Jaggedtooth • Minty • Pounce • Snapper • Snipe • Tess • Willie|
|Former members||Barley • Violet • Boulder|