|"Shadepelt and Loudbelly will remain here with your elders. They are too old to travel and wish to sit in vigil for Mudfur."|
|— Leopardstar on Shadepelt's courage in being separated from her Clan in Dawn, page 225|
Shadepelt is a very dark gray she-cat.
Shadepelt was a RiverClan warrior under Crookedstar's and Leopardstar's leaderships in the forest territories. As an apprentice, Shadepaw was mentored by Stonefur. She earned her warrior name as Shadepelt. She participated in the battle against BloodClan and later retired as an elder. Before the Clans left for the Great Journey, Shadepelt chose to remain behind with other elders.
In The Prophecies Begin arc
- Shadepaw is Stonefur's apprentice. She is on a patrol by Fireheart with her mentor and Silverstream. Stonefur picks up Fireheart's scent and looks around, but Fireheart quickly crawls into some bracken to escape from the patrol. Fireheart hears a splash and sees Silverstream swimming across the river. She tells him that he can come out from the bracken, as Stonefur and Shadepaw have left.
- She is now a warrior named Shadepelt.
- Leopardstar asks Shadepelt to send out hunting patrols before the battle with BloodClan, as they will need all the strength that they can get for the battle. As RiverClan and ShadowClan lead their battle patrols into the clearing, Mistyfoot touches noses with Shadepelt.
In The New Prophecy arc
- Shadepelt is now an elder.
- As Leafpaw and Firestar visit the RiverClan camp, they see Shadepelt sitting beside Mothwing in the clearing where Mudfur is, looking at the medicine cat. Leopardstar tells Firestar that Shadepelt and Loudbelly, two of RiverClan's elders, will stay behind in RiverClan's camp, with two of ThunderClan's elders, Frostfur and Speckletail. Leopardstar also tells Firestar that Shadepelt and Loudbelly are too old to travel, and that they wish to stay behind and sit vigil for RiverClan's former medicine cat, Mudfur.
In the Super Editions
- "Ha-ha-ha! You're supposed to catch the fish with your claws, Mosspaw, not your teeth!"
- —Shadepaw to Mosspaw Crookedstar's Promise, page manga
In the Novellas
- Shadepelt and Mistyfoot sit near the fresh-kill pile when Mudfur rushes into Leopardstar's den. When Mudfur hangs on the brink of death, Shadepelt says her goodbyes to him. After he dies, Shadepelt, Loudbelly, Speckletail and Frostfur elect to stay behind and sit vigil for Mudfur while the other Clans participate on the Great Journey.
- In an Erin Hunter chat, Vicky Holmes confirmed that Shadepelt, Speckletail, Loudbelly, Frostfur, and any other elders left behind may have died up to a few moons after the Clans left. Their confirmed cause of death is unknown, however.
- Shadepelt claims she was a kit at the same time as Mudfur, though he is several years older than she is.
The following information is from sources considered non-canon or retconned.
- In Secrets of the Clans, a 2007 field guide, Shadepaw and Silverpaw attempt to block off the water coming through the reeds of RiverClan's camp during a flood. Loudbelly and Mistyfoot run to help the apprentices as Shadepaw yowls that the flow of water is too strong.
Please do not edit this gallery
Please do not edit this gallery
- Crookedstar's Promise (manga)
- Fire and Ice (First appearance)
- Forest of Secrets (Allegiance only)
- Rising Storm (Allegiance only)
- Tigerclaw's Fury (Allegiance only)
- A Dangerous Path (Allegiance only)
- The Darkest Hour
- Mothwing's Secret
- Midnight (Allegiance only)
- Moonrise (Allegiance only)
- Secrets of the Clans (Mentioned only; retconned)
- (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Revealed in Dawn, page 225
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Revealed in Fire and Ice, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in The Darkest Hour, page 136
- ↑ Revealed in The Darkest Hour, page 276
- ↑ Revealed on 
- ↑ Revealed in A Dangerous Path, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in Midnight, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in The Darkest Hour, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed on Dawn Left Behind Elders
- ↑ Revealed in Mothwing's Secret, chapter 4
- ↑ Revealed in Secrets of the Clans