|"Shadepelt and Loudbelly will remain here with your elders. They are too old to travel and wish to sit in vigil for Mudfur."|
|— Leopardstar on Shadepelt's courage in departing with her Clan in Dawn, page 225|
Shadepelt is a very dark gray she-cat.
After retiring as an elder, she opts to stay with Loudbelly, Frostfur and Speckletail since she is too old to travel that distance when the Clans go on the Great Journey. She eventually dies and joins StarClan.
In The Prophecies Begin arc
- Shadepaw is Stonefur's apprentice. She is briefly seen on a patrol by Fireheart with her mentor and Silverstream. Stonefur picks up Fireheart's scent and looks around, but Fireheart quickly crawls into some bracken to escape from the patrol. Fireheart hears a splash and sees Silverstream swimming across the river. She tells him that he can come out from the bracken, as Stonefur and Shadepaw have left.
- Shadepelt does not formally appear in A Dangerous Path, but is listed in the allegiances. She is now a warrior named Shadepelt.
- Leopardstar asks Shadepelt to send out hunting patrols before the battle with BloodClan, as they will need all the strength that they can get for the battle. As RiverClan and ShadowClan lead their battle patrols into the clearing, Mistyfoot is seen touching noses with Shadepelt.
In The New Prophecy arc
- Shadepelt does not formally appear in Midnight, but is listed in the allegiances. She is now shown to be an elder.
- As Leafpaw and Firestar visit the RiverClan camp, they see Shadepelt sitting beside Mothwing in the clearing where Mudfur is, looking at the medicine cat. Leopardstar tells Firestar that Shadepelt and Loudbelly, two of RiverClan's elders, will stay behind in RiverClan's camp, with two of ThunderClan's elders, Frostfur and Speckletail. Leopardstar also tells Firestar that Shadepelt and Loudbelly are too old to travel, and that they wish to stay behind and sit vigil for RiverClan's former medicine cat, Mudfur.
In the Super Editions
- Shadepaw is briefly seen in the manga fishing with Mosspaw. When her friend slips into the water, Shadepaw laughs at her, saying that Mosspaw should be catching the fish with her claws, not her teeth. Mosspaw irritably climbs out and tells her to be quiet. Shadepaw continues to snicker to herself, though.
In the Novellas
In the Field Guides
- Shadepaw and Silverpaw attempt to block off the water coming through the reeds of RiverClan's camp during a flood. Loudbelly and Mistyfoot run to help the apprentices as Shadepaw yowls that the flow of water is too strong.
- In an Erin Hunter chat, Vicky Holmes confirmed that Shadepelt, Speckletail, Loudbelly, Frostfur, and any other elders left behind may have died up to a few moons after the Clans left. Their confirmed cause of death is unknown, however.
Please do not edit this gallery
Please do not edit this gallery
- "Ha-ha-ha! You're supposed to catch the fish with your claws, Mosspaw, not your teeth!"
- —Shadepaw to Mosspaw Crookedstar's Promise, page manga
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Revealed on Vicky's Facebook
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Revealed in Dawn, page 225
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Revealed in Fire and Ice, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in The Darkest Hour, page 136
- ↑ Revealed in The Darkest Hour, page 276
- ↑ Revealed on 
- ↑ Revealed in A Dangerous Path, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in Midnight, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in The Darkest Hour, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed on Dawn Left Behind Elders