|"Time to show what you're made of, my Kin! Time to tell these Clan cats they can't mess with us! The winner of this battle takes the territory!"|
|— Darktail announcing the beginning of the fight with RiverClan in Shattered Sky, page 101|
- Below contains in-depth information for chapter nine of Shattered Sky. If you are looking for a shorter summary of the entire book, please check the main article.
- Chapter Number: 9 (of 22)
- Page Numbers: 92-108
- Violetpaw is comforting a sleeping Needletail early one morning, who seems to be having a nightmare about Rain. At first, she is unable to go back to sleep, her mind racing about Rain's death and Needletail. Eventually, Violetpaw drifts to sleep, but is awoken again before the sun has risen by Dawnpelt. She explains she's leaving for ThunderClan, and encourages Violetpaw to come with her and Juniperclaw and Strikestone. Violetpaw wants to, but declines, knowing she has to take care of Needletail, who would never leave the Kin.
- Dawnpelt wishes Violetpaw well, then exits the den. Darktail catches her outside before she leaves, and they argue, though Violetpaw cannot make out what they're saying. She picks up on Darktail telling Dawnpelt that if she doesn't want to be here anymore, then she is no longer Kin. This makes Violetpaw relax, knowing that Darktail let Dawnpelt go.
- After the sun rises, Raven and Darktail wake up the Kin. They form a line in the camp, and Darktail explains that they will have a huge feast after taking over RiverClan's territory. Darktail requests that the elders, Oakfur and Ratscar, along with the kittypets, Loki, Max, and Zelda, attack first in the battle. Violetpaw protests and Darktail explains that it is the greatest honor to attack first in a battle. However, Darktail wants Violetpaw to have the greatest honor, which is to fight alongside him.
- The Kin begin their assault on RiverClan immediately. They meet a patrol by the border who are pushed back to their camp by the sheer number of rogues. In the middle of the battle, Violetpaw notices that Max has been killed. The Kin wins the battle and takes over RiverClan's camp and territory. Petalfur, Heronwing, Foxnose, and Shadepelt have all been killed, along with Max. Darktail prevents RiverClan from burying their dead, as well as declaring that all heavily wounded RiverClan cats are now his prisoners.
- Mistystar has no choice, and calls for her Clan to leave. The beaten RiverClan cats start to then trek to ThunderClan. Darktail calls for his followers to collect the prisoners and find a place to hold them.
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Revealed in Shattered Sky, page 92
- ↑ Revealed in Shattered Sky, page 93
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 Revealed in Shattered Sky, page 94
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 4.8 Revealed in Shattered Sky, page 97
- ↑ Revealed in Shattered Sky, page 100
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Revealed in Shattered Sky, page 101
- ↑ Revealed in Shattered Sky, page 102
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Revealed in Shattered Sky, page 103
- ↑ 9.00 9.01 9.02 9.03 9.04 9.05 9.06 9.07 9.08 9.09 9.10 Revealed in Shattered Sky, page 105
- ↑ Revealed in Shattered Sky, page 96
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 11.3 11.4 Revealed in Shattered Sky, page 106
|Shattered Sky chapters|
|Prologue • Chapter 1 • Chapter 2 • Chapter 3 • Chapter 4 • Chapter 5 • Chapter 6 • Chapter 7 • Chapter 8 • Chapter 9 • Chapter 10 • Chapter 11 • Chapter 12 • Chapter 13 • Chapter 14 • Chapter 15 • Chapter 16 • Chapter 17 • Chapter 18 • Chapter 19 • Chapter 20 • Chapter 21 • Chapter 22 • Bonus Scene|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.