Shell Claw is a cat with an unknown description and gender.
Shell Claw is born to Violet Dawn and Thunderstar, along with their littermates, Lightning Stripe, Sleek Fur, and Feather Ear. While they don't have names at first, all four kits are strong and healthy. Shell Claw's parents are extremely proud of their children, and their father, Thunderstar, announces their arrival at the Gathering following their birth. Thunderstar notes that it is good for Shell Claw and their littermates to have kin in SkyClan, should they ever need help, remembering that Skystar is their grandfather. Skystar wishes to see the kits, showing some slight impatience in his tone of voice. After the Gathering, Thunderstar returns to find that Shell Claw and Feather Ear have been named by their mother, leaving Thunderstar to name the remaining two kits, Sleek Fur and Lightning Stripe.
In the Novellas
- Shell Claw is born to Violet Dawn and Thunderstar alongside Lightning Stripe, Sleek Fur, and Feather Ear, although they are all unnamed at first. Thunderstar declares they are all healthy kits. The ThunderClan leader thinks that Milkweed's kits, Patch Pelt and Beech Tail, now appear large compared to Shell Claw and their siblings. Violet Dawn comments they are quite nice and Thunderstar mentions that all four kits are perfect. Thunderstar is reminded of Lightning Tail and vows to tell the kits about him.
- During the next Gathering, Thunderstar announces ThunderClan has much news to share. Shadowstar meows that she assumes it's about his new kits, and the ginger tom affirms this. Thunderstar says he and Violet Dawn have welcomed four healthy kits, two toms and two she-kits, who are all doing well. Skystar expresses his impatience to see the kits. Thunderstar notes that it is good that Shell Claw and their littermates have kin in SkyClan if they ever need help from the Clan. He also notes that he decided who would be the next ThunderClan deputy the night the kits were born.
- When they return, Thunderstar goes to to the nursery to check on his kits. Violet Dawn mentions that she has already named Feather Ear and Shell Claw. While overlooking the camp, the ginger tom feels the swell in his chest when he thinks of his kits. Shell Claw, Feather Ear, and Sleek Fur asleep up against Violet Dawn. Lightning Stripe and Sleek Fur are finally given names and Violet Dawn says that she was starting to worry they would get jealous of Feather Ear and Shell Claw. Thunderstar feels that he is now allowed to look forward to watching his kits grow up.
- Either Shell Claw or their littermate, Feather Ear, is a bright ginger tom and a she-cat, respectively.
- They have rogue blood through Storm.
- Storm's two unnamed kits: Status unknown
- Bright Stream's two unnamed kits: Status unknown
- Dew Nose: Living (As of Thunderstar's Echo)
- Eagle Feather: Living (As of Thunderstar's Echo)
- Storm Pelt: Living (As of Thunderstar's Echo)
- Black Ear: Living (As of Thunderstar's Echo)
- White Tail: Living (As of Thunderstar's Echo)
- Silver Stripe: Living (As of Thunderstar's Echo)
|Unnamed||One Eye||See More|
|Unnamed kits||Star Flower||Skystar||Bright Stream||Storm|
|Tiny Branch||Flower Foot||Dew Petal||Two kits||Two kits||Thunderstar||Violet Dawn||Rain|
|Lightning Stripe||Sleek Fur||Shell Claw||Feather Ear|
= Gender Unknown
References and citations
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Revealed in Thunderstar's Echo, chapter 10
- ↑ Revealed in Thunderstar's Echo, chapter 9
- ↑ Revealed in The Sun Trail, page 240
- ↑ Revealed in The Sun Trail, page 300
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Revealed in Path of Stars, page 82
- ↑ Revealed in Path of Stars, page 306
- ↑ Revealed in The Sun Trail, page 10
- ↑ Revealed in The Sun Trail, page 12
- ↑ Revealed in The Sun Trail, page 13
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 Revealed in The Sun Trail, page 305
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 Revealed in The Blazing Star, page 262
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 Revealed in Path of Stars, page 227