- Below contains in-depth information for chapter eleven of Sign of the Moon. If you are looking for a shorter summary of the entire book, please check the main article.
- Chapter Number: 11 (of 22)
- Page Numbers: 138-158
- Dovewing, Foxleap, Squirrelflight, and Jayfeather reach the edge of the mountains. Dovewing wonders how the Tribe can live up in the mountains and if there was any prey. Squirrelflight warns them that they needed to look out for eagles, because they can lift away full grown cats. Coming up to a small pool, Foxleap exclaims that he was glad they had found water due to his tongue being dry as Dovewing follows.
- Squirrelflight tells the patrol they were on the Tribe's territory. Dark goes to attack Squirrelflight, but is stopped by Wing. Wing introduces Sheer, Dark and Rain. The Tribe cats lead the cats to the waterfall. Dovewing asks what the noise she heard was coming from, and Jayfeather tells her it was the waterfall. Sheer tells Dovewing with pride that the Tribe lived behind the waterfall. The cats follow Sheer into the cave.
- Almost immediately after they enter the cave, Crag comes up and greets them. Talon than comes up, talking to Squirrelflight about the first time they had met. Squirrelflight asks him where Brook is. Brook pads up to her with Lark and Pine. Squirrelflight admires Brook's kits. Stoneteller comes out of his cave, asking them what they were doing in the mountains, again.
- Jayfeather steps forward, and tells Stoneteller that they had came in peace, as friends. The medicine cat adds as an afterthought that he thinks it would be a good experience for two of ThunderClan's younger warriors, Dovewing and Foxleap, to learn how the Tribe functions. Stoneteller grants the Clan cats permission to share that day's meal. Foxleap asks if they ever get hungry, with only one meal a day, and a she-cat retorts asking if they ever got fat, while looking him up and down. After seeing the nests they were to sleep on, Dovewing longs for her bracken and moss-filled nest. Dovewing can hear strange cats crossing the border. She gets up and sits by Jayfeather, and Stormfur comes into the cave. Stormfur tells them about the Tribe. He tells them that Stoneteller needs to pick a successor.
- Dark Shadow on Water
- Wing Shadow Over Water
- Sheer Path Beside Waterfall
- Rain That Passes Quickly
- Crag Where Eagles Nest
- Talon of Swooping Eagle
- Brook Where Small Fish Swim
- Lark That Sings at Dawn
- Pine That Clings to Rock
- Screech of Angry Owl
- Bird That Rides the Wind
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Revealed in Sign of the Moon, page 138
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Revealed in Sign of the Moon, page 141
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Revealed in Sign of the Moon, page 142
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Revealed in Sign of the Moon, page 145
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Revealed in Sign of the Moon, page 146
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Revealed in Sign of the Moon, page 147
- ↑ Revealed in Sign of the Moon, page 152
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Revealed in Sign of the Moon, page 155
|Sign of the Moon chapters|
|Prologue • Chapter 1 • Chapter 2 • Chapter 3 • Chapter 4 • Chapter 5 • Chapter 6 • Chapter 7 • Chapter 8 • Chapter 9 • Chapter 10 • Chapter 11 • Chapter 12 • Chapter 13 • Chapter 14 • Chapter 15 • Chapter 16 • Chapter 17 • Chapter 18 • Chapter 19 • Chapter 20 • Chapter 21 • Chapter 22|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.