- Below contains in-depth information for chapter thirteen of Sign of the Moon. If you are looking for a shorter summary of the entire book, please check the main article.
- Chapter Number: 13 (of 22)
- Page Numbers: 127-188
- Jayfeather wakes up to the sounds of Lark and Pine trying to sneak up on him. He apologizes when he scares the two kits. Squirrelflight asks Jayfeather if he would be okay, because he would be left behind. He tells her he'll be fine. His Clanmates go on patrols with the Tribe, so Jayfeather is left alone. Talon starts playing with the kits, so Jayfeather leaves them to their game. Jayfeather goes off to find Stoneteller.
- Stoneteller asks Jayfeather why they were in the mountains, and tells him not to tell him about wanting the young cats to gain experience. Jayfeather tells Stoneteller they were told to come. He tells him he hasn't chosen a successor. Stoneteller believes not even their ancestors could help the Tribe survive.
- Rock comes to Jayfeather and tells him he was the first Stoneteller, though his legacy was forgotten by the time his kin left the mountains to find the lake. Rock leaves, and Jayfeather tells Stoneteller he must chose a successor.
- Jayfeather dreams that Yellowfang, Crookedstar, Lionheart, Mistystar, Kestrelflight, Brook, Crag, Dustpelt, Mousewhisker and Brambleclaw were falling, being consumed by water and blackness. Jayfeather goes back in time, and meets a she-cat named Half Moon. She exclaims Jay's Wing, making Jayfeather wonder who that was.
- Half Moon tells him he disappeared when they left the lake. He tells her he had gotten scared. The ancient cats move on toward the mountains. Jayfeather tells Fish Leap he had changed his mind about leaving. He goes into the cave and tells the cats he found pointed stones and pools of water. Broken Shadow tells Jayfeather everything is his fault. That he cast the final stone. He made her leave her son behind.
- Half Moon
- Stone Song
- Shy Fawn
- Dark Whiskers
- Jagged Lightning
- Owl Feather
- Cloudy Sun
- Rising Moon
- Whispering Breeze
- Fish Leap
- Running Horse
- Chasing Clouds
- Broken Shadow
- Kit-Mothers are mistakenly referred to a queens.
- Kestrelflight is mistakenly called Kestrelwing.
Notes and references
- Revealed in Sign of the Moon, page 174
- Revealed in Sign of the Moon, page 175
- Revealed in Sign of the Moon, page 176
- Revealed in Sign of the Moon, page 179
- Revealed in Sign of the Moon, page 180
- Revealed in Sign of the Moon, page 184
- Revealed in Sign of the Moon, page 185
- Revealed in Sign of the Moon, page 187
- Revealed in Sign of the Moon, page 182
|Sign of the Moon chapters|
|Prologue • Chapter 1 • Chapter 2 • Chapter 3 • Chapter 4 • Chapter 5 • Chapter 6 • Chapter 7 • Chapter 8 • Chapter 9 • Chapter 10 • Chapter 11 • Chapter 12 • Chapter 13 • Chapter 14 • Chapter 15 • Chapter 16 • Chapter 17 • Chapter 18 • Chapter 19 • Chapter 20 • Chapter 21 • Chapter 22|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.