- Below contains in-depth information for chapter fourteen of Sign of the Moon. If you are looking for a shorter summary of the entire book, please check the main article.
- Chapter Number: 14 (of 22)
- Page Numbers: 189-199
- Dovewing, Foxleap, Gray, Splash, Stormfur, and Crag are on a border patrol. Splash notices Dovewing and Foxleap had not got their "snowpaws" yet but she assures them not to worry and that they'd be snow cats in no time. The patrol goes on and Crag spots an eagle. Foxleap is unsure of what it is at first, but is soon informed that is was an eagle. It attacks the patrol, but leaves, so the patrol goes on in search of the border.
- Dovewing soon feels the ground give way under her paws. Splash orders her to grab onto her tail, and hauls her up at her wishes. She promises to watch where she puts her paws next time.
- They reach the border, where Gray renews the scent marker. Dovewing asks Crag where the next marker was. He directs her to the dead willow tree. She soon spots a vole, but is knocked away from catching it by Stormfur. He apologizes, but tells her that if she fell into the water, it was dangerously cold, so there was no way to get her warm again. Gray catches a vole and brings it back to the cave so it would be warm still. Splash and Dovewing start talking about the differences of the Tribe and the Clans. Splash leaves when she finds feathers for the kits, making Dovewing notices Splash wanted to avoid talking about Stoneteller.
Notes and references
|Sign of the Moon chapters|
|Prologue • Chapter 1 • Chapter 2 • Chapter 3 • Chapter 4 • Chapter 5 • Chapter 6 • Chapter 7 • Chapter 8 • Chapter 9 • Chapter 10 • Chapter 11 • Chapter 12 • Chapter 13 • Chapter 14 • Chapter 15 • Chapter 16 • Chapter 17 • Chapter 18 • Chapter 19 • Chapter 20 • Chapter 21 • Chapter 22|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.