- Below contains in-depth information for chapter four of Sign of the Moon. If you are looking for a shorter summary of the entire book, please check the main article.
- Chapter Number: 4 (of 22)
- Page Numbers: 49-59
- Jayfeather is still in the tunnels with Lionblaze, when he realizes Hollyleaf is not dead. He says they were not certain, because she may have been badly injured; so she may have crawled away to die somewhere in the tunnels too. Jayfeather wonders where she could be, because the Clan and the warrior code meant everything to her. Lionblaze tells him they must go explore the tunnels. It starts raining, so they conclude their exploration, because the underground river could overflow, seeing as they learned from past experiences.
- When Jayfeather arrives in the medicine den, he asks Briarlight where Icecloud is. She tells him that she went to sleep in the warrior’s den. Jayfeather falls asleep, but before he does he thanks Briarlight for licking his fur dry.
- He wakes up, finding himself in the middle of the hole. He follows the light, and finds Rock. Rock asks him why he broke had broken his stick. Jayfeather tells him he wanted to talk to him, and asked what the point of keeping a piece of wood with scratches on it was. Rock tells him that the stick was his history that he could not throw away. That the past was all around him, and that cats who were once warriors would be warriors again. Rock tells him that his past lies in the mountains, the place where Rock was born, and the place where cats have returned before. He tells Jayfeather he must go there to complete the circle. Jayfeather starts to ask questions, but before Rock answers, he disappears.
- Fallen Leaves pads up to Jayfeather, and calls him by the name of Jay’s Wing. Fallen Leaves wishes him luck in the mountains, and if he ever needed him he would be able to find him in the tunnels. Jayfeather wakes up and finds Briarlight prodding him with a twig to get him up. Jayfeather leaves the den, almost bumping into Mousewhisker. He hears Dovewing and Ivypool emerge from the apprentices' den. He then hears Brambleclaw give out instructions for the first patrol. Jayfeather runs up to Lionblaze and tells him they must go to the mountains.
Notes and references
|Sign of the Moon chapters|
|Prologue • Chapter 1 • Chapter 2 • Chapter 3 • Chapter 4 • Chapter 5 • Chapter 6 • Chapter 7 • Chapter 8 • Chapter 9 • Chapter 10 • Chapter 11 • Chapter 12 • Chapter 13 • Chapter 14 • Chapter 15 • Chapter 16 • Chapter 17 • Chapter 18 • Chapter 19 • Chapter 20 • Chapter 21 • Chapter 22|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.