This article contains major spoilers for the recently released, A Light in the Mist. This also includes the reveal of the identity of the impostor. Please proceed at your own discretion.
|"I have a confession too. I've been here a long time. When I was alive, I tried to kill my leader so that my kit could take his place. I thought he'd been deputy for long enough. All I succeeded in doing was getting us both killed. My time here has been darker than I could even imagine. But that's my fault. I chose to help Mapleshade and then Ashfur. I've made nothing but bad decisions. But now, I've seen what it is to be a true warrior and risk everything for others. If I can make up for what I've done by helping you defeat Ashfur, then I will."|
|— Silverhawk about his past deeds, and wanting to stop Ashfur in A Light in the Mist, page 204-205|
Silverhawk is a ragged, pale gray tabby tom.
In The Broken Code arc
- Silverhawk: "Ashfur hasn’t even told us what it’s all about. What does a StarClan cat want, here in the Dark Forest?"
- Mapleshade: "Nothing good. Personally, I don’t care what he wants, and I doubt he’s going to get it, but if he does what he’s promised us, that’s good enough for me."
- The Place of No Stars (book), page 153
- While talking to the spirit of Willowshine in the Dark Forest, Rootspring and the former medicine cat spot Silverhawk talking with Mapleshade. Silverhawk grumbles that he doesn't like how Ashfur just came in and has started giving them orders, to which Mapleshade agrees, citing that she doesn't take orders from anyone, much less a ThunderClan flea-pelt, unless it suits her. Willowshine and Rootspring decide to tail the two Dark Forest cats. Silverhawk asks Mapleshade what Ashfur, a former StarClan cat, wants in the Dark Forest. Mapleshade responds that nothing good, and personally she doesn't care what he wants and doubts he'll achieve it, but if he can get what he has promised them, it will be worth it. Silverhawk asks will he, before asking if Ashfur even can. Mapleshade points out that Ashfur is the only cat to die and make it back in a living body. She goes on, telling Silverhawk that they could only imagine the power and revenge they could have. Mapleshade says she'd like to take over the body of a nice young she-cat, citing being able to eat fresh-kill again and able to fight in battle and draw real blood. Silverhawk concedes that she has a point, before bidding farewell to the tortoiseshell and he'll see her back at the island.
- Coming Soon
In the Super Editions
- When Mapleshade leads Crookedjaw into the Dark Forest, Silverhawk brutally trains Thistleclaw, instructing him on how to perform the killing bite. Silverhawk asks if Crookedjaw was the cat with Mapleshade, and is told to get on with his training session. When Silverhawk attacks Thistleclaw, his apprentice dodges the blow. Crookedjaw is shocked at how vicious they are when training.
- Thistleclaw taunts Silverhawk, saying that he wouldn't get him that easily. Silverhawk dares him to repeat it, crouching down, and when Thistleclaw does, he attacks him. He sinks his claws into Thistleclaw's shoulders, making Crookedjaw gasp at the sight of Thistleclaw's blood. Thistleclaw tries to escape, but Silverhawk flips him onto his back and lunges at Thistleclaw's neck. Crookedjaw tries to stop them, but Mapleshade blocks his way, and Silverhawk lets go of Thistleclaw.
- As Crookedjaw is horrified at the fact Thistleclaw is being taught to kill, Silverhawk pads closer and spits that there is no glory in surrender and victory was everything. He pushes past Thistleclaw and snarls at Crookedjaw when he asks if he is in StarClan. He tells him, to Crookedjaw's shock, that he was in the Place of No Stars, not StarClan, saying it was where a cat went if they were rejected by StarClan.
- When Thistleclaw hisses that Crookedjaw was deputy already, and asks Silverhawk if he would do the same for him, he clouts his apprentice, which sends him staggering back. He thrusts his muzzle near Thistleclaw's face and spits that he still had much to learn, and his time would come when he said so.
The pixel artwork is an interpretation based upon canon material.
= Gender Unknown
- Silverhawk: "Is this him?"
- Mapleshade: "Just get on with your training session, Silverhawk."
- Crookedstar's Promise, page 390
- Thistleclaw: "Did you think you'd get me that easily?"
- Silverhawk: "Say that again."
- Crookedstar's Promise, page 391
- "This is the Dark Forest. This is where you go if StarClan won't take you."
- ―Silverhawk to Crookedjaw Crookedstar's Promise, page 392
- Thistleclaw: "He's deputy already? Are you going to do the same for me?"
- Silverhawk: "You still have much to learn! Your time will come when I say so, apprentice!"
- Crookedstar's Promise, page 393
- (Mentioned only)
- (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references
|Dark Forest cats|
|Current members||Maggottail • Silverhawk • Sparrowfeather • Houndleap • Rushtooth • Mapleshade • Thistleclaw • Clawface • Stumpytail • Frecklewish|
|Faded||Antpelt • Shredtail • Brokenstar • Hawkfrost • Tigerstar • Snowtuft • Darkstripe • Redwillow|
|Trainees||Crookedstar • Thistleclaw • Bramblestar • Hawkfrost • Lionblaze • Ivypool • Mousewhisker • Birchfall • Blossomfall • Thornclaw • Tigerstar • Antpelt • Ratscar • Applefur • Redwillow • Sunstrike • Harestar • Breezepelt • Minnowtail • Icewing • Beetlewhisker • Hollowflight • Furzepelt • Larkwing • Whiskernose|