- Snakerocks is located in the forest territory of ThunderClan. It is east of ThunderClan camp, past the Great Sycamore. To the north of it lies the Thunderpath that borders ShadowClan territory. There is a leafy bank that spills onto the top of these rocks.
- Snakerocks is a steep, tumbled pile of smoothed, sand-colored, rocks. It is quite a large area, as it is able to provide shelter to animals larger than cats, such as dogs. The rocks are a good place to find chervil and yarrow, but, serve as a dangerous site due to the adders that are found more commonly. It is unsafe for untrained apprentices to venture to Snakerocks alone due to the adders.
- Despite being used as a hunting ground, Snakerocks attracts little prey outside of adders due to the snakes. The adders often hide in the crevices of the rocks. Foxes have also been known to hang around Snakerocks at times too. To avoid the adders, ThunderClan cats usually hunt during leaf-bare, when it is too cold for the snakes.
This is a list of deaths, ordered chronologically, that took place at Snakerocks.
Looking for a longer overview? Find one here!
- Coming Soon
- Coming Soon
- The Sun Trail (Mentioned only)
- Mapleshade's Vengeance
- Pinestar's Choice (Mentioned only)
- Goosefeather's Curse
- Bluestar's Prophecy
- Spottedleaf's Heart
- Into the Wild (First appearance)
- Fire and Ice
- Forest of Secrets
- A Dangerous Path
- The Darkest Hour
- Firestar's Quest
- Graystripe's Vow (Then)
- Secrets of the Clans (Retconned)
- Code of the Clans
- Battles of the Clans
The following information is from sources considered non-canon or retconned.
- In Secrets of the Clans, a 2007 field guide, the legend, "How Snakes Came to the Forest", details the encounter between Mouthclaw and a LionClan warrior named Sunpelt fought. The brave warrior tires the great snake out to the point where she begs for him to spare her life and in a deal, agrees to shrink to the size of a cat's tail. The great snake goes up in a cloud of dust and becomes a thousand smaller snakes. Sunpelt is both scolded and praised for his actions, as because of him, no more warriors would be eaten by snakes.
Notes and references
- Revealed in Into the Wild, page 123
- As revealed in maps where the story takes place at the forest.
- Revealed in Into the Wild, page 63
- Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 280
- Revealed in Fire and Ice, page 106
- Revealed in Dawn, page 94
- Revealed in Midnight, page 28
- Revealed in A Dangerous Path, page 216
- Revealed in A Dangerous Path, page 272
- Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 278
- Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 248
- Revealed in Pinestar's Choice, chapter 2
- Revealed in A Dangerous Path, page 218
- Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, pages 162-163
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.