This article contains major spoilers for the recently released, The Place of No Stars. This also includes the reveal of the identity of the impostor. Please proceed at your own discretion.
|"When the Dark Forest starting shrinking, I just felt resigned. I thought that maybe everything was going to disappear forever, and that I and the other cats who ended up here would just disappear along with it. [...] You'd think so, but no, I wasn't...not really. I've always believed I deserved to be here because...well, why else would I be here. I must have done some bad things when I was alive. Things that earned my place here. I've always felt that my story was going to end badly. [...] Maybe. Anyway, right when the forest starts to shrink, here come some good cats: Shadowsight, and you Rootspring, and now Bramblestar. Good cats in need of help. Maybe that's a sign that my last actions before I fade away ought to be good ones."|
|— Snowtuft to Rootspring and Bramblestar about wanting to redeem himself in The Place of No Stars, page 262-263|
Snowtuft was once a warrior of ShadowClan several seasons ago, though eventually joined the Dark Forest when he died. He took part in the Great Battle, though the Dark Forest lost and Snowtuft managed to escape back into the the afterlife.
Years later, Ashfur, a former StarClan cat took control of the Dark Forest, making a deal with the surviving spirits who still roamed it. Snowtuft refused to join him and kept himself secluded within the Dark Forest, which began to shrink as a result of Ashfur's meddling. Snowtuft then formed an alliance with Shadowsight and Rootspring, two living cats who had come into the afterlife to stop Ashfur. Snowtuft expressed his desire to redeem himself for his past actions, though he and Rootspring were caught and subsequently made part of Ashfur's enslaved ghosts.
- 1 History
- 2 Character pixels
- 3 Personality and traits
- 4 Relationships
- 5 Appearances
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Quotes
- 8 External links
- 9 Notes and references
In the Omen of the Stars arc
- Hawkfrost: "Are you ready to learn?"
- Snowtuft: "That's why I'm here."
- Fading Echoes, page 230
- Snowtuft is in the Dark Forest training when Spottedleaf and Jayfeather are visiting. He is in the middle of a battle training session with several other Dark Forest cats, monitored by Hawkfrost.
- Snowtuft watches the training session with half-closed eyes until Hawkfrost calls Snowtuft to come forward. He creeps warily towards Hawkfrost when he calls him, and he asks if he is ready to learn killing moves. Snowtuft replies yes, and that's why he is there. Hawkfrost calls Shredtail to come as well. When he comes, Hawkfrost grabs Snowtuft by the throat and wrenches him into the air, exposing his belly, and Shredtail is ordered to tear it open. While Spottedleaf and Jayfeather leave in horror, they can hear Snowtuft howling in agony.
- "Ivypaw halted beside a small white tom. She shivered when she saw the long scar that parted his belly fur and curled over his shoulder to the tip of his ear like a bulging pink snake."
- ―Ivypaw's thoughts of Snowtuft's scar Night Whispers, pages 79-80
- When the Dark Forest cats and visitors are training on water fighting, Hollowpaw, a RiverClan apprentice, paces beside Snowtuft. Hawkfrost assigns Snowtuft to work with Hollowpaw and they both accept the partnership in training. When Hollowpaw complains about the water, Snowtuft just shoves him in. Hollowpaw slightly helps Ivypaw to defeat Darkstripe in the water when she has to defeat him, and swims back to Snowtuft.
- Later, when Ivypaw comes to the Dark Forest to do her final assessment to see if she is ready to take on the Clans in the big battle, she sees Snowtuft in the crowd of Dark Forest warriors, sitting beside Shredtail.
- Snowtuft hides in the bushes when Ivypool is secretly waiting for Tigerheart to be done talking with Mapleshade. Mapleshade states that she smells fear scent, and when Ivypool thinks it is herself, it turns out to be Snowtuft. Mapleshade snarls at Snowtuft and tells him to get back into the fight. Ivypool then hears a shriek of pain come from him as Mapleshade lands a heavy blow on the tom.
- Hawkfrost calls Snowtuft's name as he slows his pace. Greeted with a growl, Snowtuft is asked if he is heading for the meeting, to which Snowtuft rasps that he won't miss it for all of the mice in the forest. Snowtuft then proceeds to ask Hawkfrost where the Clan cats are. When Hawkfrost tells Snowtuft that Tigerstar had sent them back to their nests, Snowtuft's claws scrape the dead earth as he asks Hawkfrost if he is sure that no Clan cat will be hanging around the training rock. Hawkfrost responds that Brokenstar will make sure there aren't.
- In the final battle, he teams up with Thistleclaw to fight Ivypool, whom he calls a traitor since she fought with her Clan instead of against it. They almost succeed against Ivypool, but she fights back, biting his neck and causing him to flee though some bracken, not being seen again. The ThunderClan warrior manages to scare Thistleclaw away, spitting out the clump of Snowtuft's fur she tore off his neck.
In The Broken Code arc
- Snowtuft: "Some of the other cats here have started to work for [Ashfur]. He promises them great things in the future if his plan succeeds."
- Shadowsight: "But you didn't join him?"
- The Place of No Stars, pages 141-142
- After Shadowsight dreams his way into The Place of No Stars, he encounters a skinny white tom who pins him to the ground. Shadowsight asks who he is, to which Snowtuft, unnamed, replies that he could ask the medicine cat the same thing, and asks why he's in the Dark Forest. Shadowsight explains that he needs to find a living warrior, to which Snowtuft lessens his hostility and remarks that a living warrior is probably behind what is going on in the Dark Forest. Snowtuft lets Shadowsight get up, and Shadowsight gets a good look at Snowtuft, surprised and horrified at Snowtuft's current state, noting his scar, but also how Snowtuft's figure seemed to blur and fade at the edges. Snowtuft introduces himself, and Shadowsight does as well, asking if Snowtuft can tell him what exactly is going on in the Dark Forest. Snowtuft twitches his whiskers and laments that he was going to ask Shadowsight the same thing. He comments that things have been changing recently, and he's seen a starry cat who comes and goes. Snowtuft remarks that he thinks the cat must be from StarClan, since he has sparkles in his fur, but has no idea how exactly he got into the Dark Forest to begin with. Shadowsight realizes that the starry cat must be Ashfur. Snowtuft goes on, explaining that some of the other residents have begun to work for Ashfur, with him promising them great things should Ashfur's plan succeed. Shadowsight comments that Snowtuft didn't join Ashfur, to which Snowtuft emphatically shakes his head and says not for anything, saying that Ashfur is evil. Snowtuft then explains that some of the other Dark Forest cats have faded, and he's scared of fading too. Shadowsight apologizes for what's happening to Snowtuft, and reveals he's also a living cat, and isn't sure about what exactly happens in the Dark Forest. Snowtuft's eyes widen with interest, and says that Shadowsight must be dreaming then. and comments that he's familiar with cats dreaming their way into the Place of No Stars. Shadowsight confirms he is, and says that things are bad in the living Clans too, and that the starry cat he saw is responsible for it.
- Snowtuft asks Shadowsight if he knows how many seasons have passed since he died. Shadowsight denies, admitted to never hearing Snowtuft's name before. Shadowsight asks him what his Clan was, and Snowtuft replies ShadowClan. Shadowsight purrs that he's also from ShadowClan, and asks if he knows Oakfur, their oldest Clan member. Snowtuft blinks at him uncomprehending of Oakfur's name. Snowtuft asks who Clan leader is, and Shadowsight replies Tigerstar. Snowtuft exclaims the name, his eyes gleaming, unaware that Shadowsight is referring to another Tigerstar. Snowtuft says that Tigerstar was a great cat, and he could have controlled the whole forest if it wasn't for Firestar. Snowtuft then looks around confused, reflecting that Tigerstar was dead. Shadowsight suppresses a shudder, realizing that the white tom was praising the first Tigerstar, and explains that the current leader is a different one. Snowtuft sighs, and says that time moves differently in the Dark Forest. He explains to the young tom that ever since the great battle, he barely sees any other spirits, with the few he does see just slinking through the undergrowth, but says that cats who lived in certain parts of the residence are gone now, and the boundaries are closing in. He admits he doesn't know what's happening, and he's afraid that he won't exist for much longer either. Shadowsight asks Snowtuft if he remembers why he came to the Dark Forest, and Snowtuft admits he has vague memories that he wasn't the nicest cat, because after all he was sent to the Dark Forest when he died. He laments that he remembers wanting power, but that power means nothing when you're stuck in the Dark Forest for eternity. Shadowsight says that Snowtuft knew the first Tigerstar, and asks if Snowtuft fought in the great battle. Snowtuft snaps that he fought at Tigerstar's side, but to shut up about it and he doesn't want to talk about it.
- Shadowsight agrees to not mention it again, but asks if Snowtuft knows where Ashfur is, so he can get an idea of what's going on. Snowtuft agrees, and beckons Shadowsight to follow him. Snowtuft brings Shadowsight to a gully, but the sides are blocked off with gray fog, showing him the effects of Ashfur's interference on the Dark Forest. Shadowsight is horrified, and Snowtuft asks for Shadowsight's help in saving his home, remarking that he seems like a smart cat. Shadowsight agrees, but he needs to find Squirrelflight first. Snowtuft agrees, admitting he can't be choosy given his current predicament. The two watch Ashfur take control of Bramblestar's ghost, forcing it to attack Squirrelflight. Shadowsight says they need to intervene, but Snowtuft grunts that there's nothing they can do, since Ashfur is too powerful. Shadowsight suggests distracting Ashfur, to which Snowtuft asks if Shadowsight's got bees in his brain, and he isn't going to die for someone else's fight, and bids him good luck, leaving the gray tabby.
- After Rootspring tries to think of a plan to stop Ashfur while trapped in the Dark Forest, he encounters Snowtuft. The white tom introduces himself as a friend, and he knows Shadowsight. Snowtuft says he helped Shadowsight, and he can help Rootspring if he likes. Rootspring presses as to why, and Snowtuft replies that he doesn't like the way the Dark Forest is shrinking as a result of Ashfur, and if he can do anything to help the living stop him, he will. Rootspring agrees, and Snowtuft asks what Rootspring plans to do, to which the yellow tom says they need to figure out a way to break Ashfur's hold on the cats he's holding prisoner. The two try to formulate a plan, with Rootspring saying they need to free Squirrelflight. Snowtuft says that there are too many cats on the island to do that. Rootspring suggests attacking Ashfur, saying that the Clan cats he has prisoner are all good cats. Snowtuft grunts, un-optimistically saying it might be worth a try. The two advance further, and Rootspring comments that he knows Ashfur no longer has possession of Bramblestar's ghost, and while they can't defeat Ashfur, they can at least free his hold on the other spirits. Snowtuft agrees, but says they need to lure Ashfur off the island for it to work. Then the ghost of Bramblestar appears, and Rootspring greets him, beginning to explain the plan. Bramblestar notices Snowtuft and immediately gets hostile, telling the skinny white tom that he recognizes him from the great battle. Rootspring protests, saying that Snowtuft is helping them. Bramblestar dismisses Snowtuft, still wary of him, and tells the two of his own plan to lure Ashfur away.
- After explaining, Snowtuft comments that it's a good plan, but he's having second thoughts about being bait. Bramblestar gets irritated with the white tom's comment, and Rootspring, unsatisfied with Snowtuft's answer earlier, asks why he's truly helping them. Snowtuft blinks, and admits that when the forest began to shrink, he felt resigned to his fate, and that him and everything else was simply going to disappear forever. Rootspring asks if Snowtuft was afraid. Snowtuft replies that you'd think so, but he wasn't, because he always believed he was a bad cat, as why else would he be in the Dark Forest. He goes on, saying that he must have done bad things when he was alive, and that his story would ultimately end badly. Rootspring touches the former ShadowClan cat's shoulder with his tail, and says that maybe it doesn't have to end badly. Snowtuft shrugs, and tells the two that just when the forest began to shrink, good cats like Shadowsight, Rootspring, and Bramblestar come in need of help, and that maybe it's a sign that before Snowtuft fades, his last actions should be good ones. Bramblestar, moved by Snowtuft's story, dips his head in respect. Snowtuft, embarrassed, shakes his pelt and diverts the conversation, asking Bramblestar if he's sure his plan will work, and he's not thrilled to be bait. Bramblestar assures him that it will work, and it's all or nothing now. Snowtuft takes a deep breath and breaks out from their cover, approaching Ashfur on his island, calling out for him. Ashfur demands to know what Snowtuft wants, and Snowtuft lies that he's found Bramblestar's spirit. Ashfur asks why the white tom is telling him this, and Snowtuft replies that obviously Ashfur is in charge of the Dark Forest, and he wants to make sure that Ashfur makes his little corner of the residence last as long as it can. Ashfur growls that he'll deal with it, and tells Snowtuft to lead him there. Snowtuft leads Ashfur towards the trees, while Rootspring comments that he hopes Snowtuft can escape when Ashfur realizes he's been tricked. Bramblestar says that Snowtuft is a brave cat, and it's the risk he agreed to.
- After Ashfur pins Rootspring to the ground, having realized that he was tricked, Snowtuft wrestles Ashfur away from the SkyClan tom, yelling at Rootspring to run before leaping away from Ashfur and shoving him away, reiterating the order. Bramblestar and Squirrelflight wait for them, admitting they aren't sure where to go as well as thanking Rootspring for his bravery. Snowtuft interjects, saying they have half the Dark Forest on their paws and don't have all day to gossip, before adding that he'll show them the way out. However, Ashfur and his followers catch up to them, managing to capture Snowtuft and Rootspring.
- When Bristlefrost and Shadowsight enter the Dark Forest to find Rootspring, they find him and Snowtuft facing off within a circle of Dark Forest cats, with Ashfur looking on. Shadowsight gasps Snowtuft's name in horror, telling Bristlefrost that Snowtuft fought against the Clans in the great battle, but he had changed and helped him. Bristlefrost grimly tells her cousin that it doesn't appear to be that way, but notes that Snowtuft appears oddly reluctant to attack Rootspring. Ashfur commands them to get on with it. Snowtuft, looking utterly terrified, hurls himself at Rootspring, who doges away and whirls around to kick Snowtuft. Snowtuft collapses to the ground, and Rootspring leaps on top of him, the two wrestling across the ground. The circle of Dark Forest cats cheer on Snowtuft, but jeer at Rootspring.
The pixel artwork is an interpretation based upon canon material.
Personality and traits
- "I don't remember much about my life. I vaguely remember I wasn't the nicest cat. Well, if I had been, I wouldn't have ended up here, would I? When I was alive, I know I cared a lot about power. But what does that power mean now? Nothing. When you spend forever slinking through a dark and dying forest, alone, you realize how little power you ever had."
- ―Snowtuft to Shadowsight about his past The Place of No Stars (book), page 144
- Snowtuft proved himself reasonable and easy to work with. Upon learning that Shadowsight was from ShadowClan, Snowtuft, who was also from the ShadowClan, immediately warmed up to the younger tom, forming a friendship. When Shadowsight asked to know the location of Ashfur, Snowtuft readily agreed. Snowtuft took Shadowsight to where Ashfur was headquartered, and pressed the younger cat for his help in saving his home, showing his worry over the matter. Shadowsight agreed, on the condition that Snowtuft helps him find Squirrelflight. Snowtuft was disgruntled, but admitted he can't be choosy given his position. When Snowtuft encountered Rootspring, he assured the young tom that he was a friend, revealing he had helped Shadowsight and is willing to help them stop Ashfur, wanting to stop him from destroying his home and stop the Dark Forest from fading. formulating a plan with the young tom to stop the former StarClan cat.
- Unlike other residents of the Dark Forest, Snowtuft acknowledged that he may have not been the best of cats when he was alive, and probably deserved to live in the Dark Forest, but asks that surely he has the right to exist. When asked by Rootspring as to why he was really helping them stop Ashfur, Snowtuft admitted that he believed that since he was sent to the Dark Forest in death, he deserved to stay there and his story would always end badly. But when good cats began showing up in need of help soon after Ashfur took over and the forest began to shrink, Snowtuft considered that it might be a sign that his last actions before he fades should be good ones. Snowtuft kept his word and acted as bait for Bramblestar's plan to lure Ashfur away from the island, lying to the gray-flecked tom about finding Bramblestar's spirit, aware of how dangerous Ashfur truly was. When Ashfur was about to kill Rootspring, Snowtuft intervened, wrestling Ashfur away from the yellow tom and demanding Rootspring to run before abandoning Ashfur and running away with the escapees and showing them the way out of the Dark Forest. Although Bramblestar and Squirrelflight managed to escape back into the living world, Snowtuft and Rootspring were caught and enslaved by Ashfur. Ashfur then used his powers to force Snowtuft and Rootspring to fight each other, with both toms unwilling and reluctant to do so.
- "It's closer now than it was the other day. And this isn't the only place where it's happening. It's like the fog is rolling in from all sides—it's making the Dark Forest smaller. I need help. I know I wasn't the best cat when I was alive. All of us Dark Forest cats have done things we shouldn't have. That's why we're here. But surely I have the right to exist? Something is destroying my home, and I don't understand why."
- ―Snowtuft on the Dark Forest's situation as a result of Ashfur's interference The Place of No Stars (book), page 146
- Snowtuft later reveals to Rootspring and Bramblestar that since he joined the Dark Forest when he died, he assumed he deserved to be there and his story would end badly because he was a bad cat, and even resigned himself to fade when the forest began to shrink, although he became scared of fading altogether, much like other spirits had done. However, he admits that when good cats like Shadowsight, Rootspring, and Bramblestar showed up in need of help, be believes it might be a sign that his last actions before he fades should be good ones, a statement that earns the white tom the respect of Bramblestar.
- Snowtuft: "It's closer now than it was the other day. And this isn't the only place where it's happening. It's like the fog is rolling in from all sides—it's making the Dark Forest smaller. I need help. I know I wasn't the best cat when I was alive. All of us Dark Forest cats have done things we shouldn't have. That's why we're here. But surely I have the right to exist? Something is destroying my home, and I don't understand why."
- Shadowsight: "I don't know—"
- The Place of No Stars, page 146
- Snowtuft and Shadowsight first met when Shadowsight dreamed his way into the Place of No Stars. Snowtuft pinned the young medicine cat to the ground, but upon hearing Shadowsight explain his story, Snowtuft let him up and became more friendly, introducing himself. Although wary of the white tom, upon learning he was once from ShadowClan, the two warmed up to one another. However, when Shadowsight remarked that Snowtuft fought in the Great Battle, Snowtuft grew agitated and demanded that Shadowsight not speak of it again. Despite this, Snowtuft willingly showed the gray tabby tom the circumstances of the Dark Forest as a result of Ashfur's meddling, and asked for his help in saving his home. Shadowsight agreed, but on the condition that Snowtuft helps him find Squirrelflight first. Although annoyed, Snowtuft remarks that he can't be choosy given his current position. The skinny white tom then brought Shadowsight to where Ashfur was, and the two watched the gray-flecked tom and Squirrelflight. Although Shadowsight wished to help, Snowtuft remarks that there was nothing they could do and he won't be dying for another cat's battle, bidding Shadowsight farewell and leaving.
- When Snowtuft meets Rootspring, he tells the yellow tom that he helped Shadowsight. After Shadowsight and Bristlefrost travel to the Dark Forest and see Snowtuft and Rootspring being forced to fight one another, Shadowsight laments that Snowtuft helped him, and thought he had changed, but then realizes that both Snowtuft and Rootspring are under Ashfur's control.
- Rootspring: "Don't come any closer."
- Snowtuft: "Keep your fur on. I'm a friend."
- The Place of No Stars, page 230
- When Snowtuft and Rootspring first meet, Rootspring is wary of the Dark Forest spirit, warning him to stay away. Snowtuft assures him he's a friend, as he helped Shadowsight. Rootspring remains suspicious of the skinny white tom until Snowtuft offers his help in defeating Ashfur, and revealing to the SkyClan tom that he doesn't like how the forest is shrinking because of Ashfur, and how parts of the forest simply don't exist anymore, as well as cats. Rootspring accepts, slightly reassured that Snowtuft seems genuine, but threatens him if Snowtuft betrays him, to which Snowtuft lets out a half-amused grunt, and the two toms begin formulating a plan to stop Ashfur.
- Despite their best efforts, the two cannot think of a plan, though Snowtuft correctly deduced that they would need to lure Ashfur away from the island to break his hold on the spirits he has as prisoner. Bramblestar's spirit then appears, and warmly greets Rootspring. However, he gets hostile at Snowtuft, recognizing the white tom from the Great Battle. Rootspring protests that Snowtuft is helping them. After Bramblestar formulates a plan, Rootspring asks why Snowtuft is really helping them unsatisfied with his earlier answer. Snowtuft replies that since the forest began to shrink, he felt resigned to his fate and he assumed that since he was sent to the Dark Forest, his story would always end badly. However, upon meeting Shadowsight, Rootspring, and Bramblestar, and learning they need help, he thinks that his last actions before he fades should be good ones, to which Rootspring felt sympathy for and was moved by Snowtuft's story.
- Snowtuft continues with Bramblestar's plan to lure Ashfur away from the island, which succeeds. Ashfur then learns of the trick and after a brief fight with Rootspring, is able to pin him to the ground, intent on killing him. However, before he can, Snowtuft wrestles Ashfur away from his companion and tells Rootspring to run. After Rootspring hesitates, Snowtuft leaps away from Ashfur and reiterates that they need to run. Snowtuft begins to lead Rootspring, Squirrelflight, and Bramblestar away, but he and Rootspring are caught and subdued by Ashfur, later being forced to fight one another while Ashfur's followers watch on, cheering for Snowtuft, but jeering at Rootspring.
- "Anyway—most of all, I especially don't like the creeping mist. I reckon it's something to do with Ashfur, so if I can do anything to help you living cats get rid of him, I will."
- ―Snowtuft promising to help stop Ashfur The Place of No Stars (book), page 231
- In part of Bramblestar's plan, Snowtuft lies to Ashfur to get him off the island where he was residing, fully aware of the danger and power Ashfur possessed. After Ashfur is about to kill Rootspring, Snowtuft intervenes by wrestling Ashfur away from Rootspring, demanding Rootspring to run. Although Snowtuft is able to lead Bramblestar and Squirrelfight to safety, he and Rootspring are caught by Ashfur, and made part of his ghost prisoners. Ashfur calls Snowtuft a mangy white coward and demands he get on with it, to which a terrified Snowtuft begins fighting Rootspring.
- "Rootspring glanced at Bramblestar and saw that the ThunderClan leader looked just as moved by Snowtuft's story as he felt himself. His amber eyes glowed with deep sympathy, and he dipped his head toward Snowtuft, a gesture of respect."
- ―Bramblestar's reaction to hearing Snowtuft's desire to redeem himself The Place of No Stars (book), page 263
- After successfully distracting Ashfur, Snowtuft tackled the gray tom to the ground to save Rootspring, while also giving both Bramblestar and Squirrelflight an opportunity to escape. After Snowtuft leaves Ashfur, he begins to show Bramblestar, Squirrelflight, and Rootspring the way to escape the Dark Forest. Although Bramblestar and Squirrelflight managed to escape, Snowtuft and Rootspring were caught and subdued by Ashfur's followers.
- Fading Echoes (First appearance)
- Night Whispers
- The Forgotten Warrior
- The Last Hope
- The Place of No Stars (book)
- "These cats have always lived outside the code. They were rogues within their Clans. They are rogues now. That's why they're here. They never deserved to be called warriors. Instead they are a bunch of mangy crowfood eaters!"
- ―Spottedleaf Fading Echoes, page 230
- "Their eyes were shining! It was as if they were truly Dark Forest warriors."
- ―The narrator describing the Dark Forest cats' feelings about the big battle Night Whispers, page 289
- "In front of him was the outline of a cat, but the shape seemed to blur and fade at the edges, and sometimes it winked out altogether. In it's most solid state it was a skinny white tom, with a scar that began at his neck and snaked around his belly."
- ―Shadowsight on Snowtuft's appearance The Place of No Stars (book), page 140
- "Oh, I knew Tigerstar! He was a great cat. He could have been leader of the whole forest if it hadn't been for that stupid kittypet Firestar."
- ―Snowtuft reflecting on Tigerstar to Shadowsight The Place of No Stars (book), page 143
- "Time moves strangely in the Dark Forest. I might have been here for a hundred moons, or only one. I don't usually talk to other cats. Since the battle, I can only hear them, or catch a glimpse of them, slinking through the forest. So I don't learn anything about the living world from them. But one thing I do know: Cats who lived in certain parts of the Dark Forest are gone, and sometimes the forest itself is gone too. The boundaries are closing in. I don't know what is happening, but I'm afraid that I won't exist much longer, either."
- ―Snowtuft to Shadowsight The Place of No Stars (book), page 144
- Shadowsight: "Do you remember why you came here?"
- Snowtuft: "I don't remember much about my life. I vaguely remember I wasn't the nicest cat. Well, if I had been, I wouldn't have ended up here, would I? When I was alive, I know I cared a lot about power. But what does that power mean now? Nothing. When you spend forever slinking through a dark and dying forest, alone, you realize how little power you ever had."
- The Place of No Stars, pages 144-145
- Shadowsight: "Will you help me, Snowtuft? I want to distract Ashfur so that Squirrelflight can get away."
- Snowtuft: "Absolutely not! I've seen the island where Ashfur keeps spirit cats. He controls them with his mind. I don't know how he manages it, but I'm not risking ending up like that, thank you very much."
- The Place of No Stars, page 177
- Rootspring: "Don't come any closer."
- Snowtuft: "Keep your fur on. I'm a friend."
- The Place of No Stars, pages 230-231
- Snowtuft: "Hey, Ashfur! Ashfur, are you there?"
- Ashfur: "What do you want?"
- The Place of No Stars, pages 263-265
- (Indirect mention only)
- (Indirect mention only)
- (Indirect mention only)
- (Mentioned only)
- (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Revealed in Fading Echoes, page 229
- Revealed in The Place of No Stars, page 143
- Revealed in Fading Echoes, page 230
- Revealed in Night Whispers, page 79
- Revealed in Night Whispers, page 80
- Revealed in The Place of No Stars, page 144
- Revealed in The Place of No Stars, page 264
- Revealed in The Place of No Stars, page 262
- Revealed in The Place of No Stars, page 145
- Revealed in The Place of No Stars, pages 141-142
- Revealed in The Place of No Stars, page 142
- Revealed in The Place of No Stars, page 146
- Revealed in The Place of No Stars, page 147
- Revealed in The Place of No Stars, page 231
- Revealed in The Place of No Stars, page 257
- Revealed in The Place of No Stars, pages 262-263
- Revealed in The Place of No Stars, page 272
- Revealed in The Place of No Stars, page 273
- Revealed in The Place of No Stars, page 275
- Revealed in The Place of No Stars, pages 283-284
- Revealed in The Place of No Stars, page 263
- Revealed in The Place of No Stars, pages 139-140
- Revealed in The Place of No Stars, page 141
- Revealed in The Place of No Stars, page 184
- Revealed in The Place of No Stars, page 186
- Revealed in The Place of No Stars, page 230
- Revealed in The Place of No Stars, pages 231-232
- Revealed in The Place of No Stars, page 232
- Revealed in The Place of No Stars, pages 258-259
- Revealed in The Place of No Stars, page 260
- Revealed in The Place of No Stars, page 265
- Revealed in The Place of No Stars, pages 273-274
- Revealed in The Place of No Stars, page 177
- Revealed in The Place of No Stars, pages 263-265
- Revealed in The Place of No Stars, page 274
- Revealed in The Place of No Stars, page 283
- Revealed in The Place of No Stars, page 140
|Dark Forest cats|
|Leaders||Tigerstar • Hawkfrost • Mapleshade • Thistleclaw • Maggottail • Brokenstar|
|Members||Antpelt • Darkstripe • Houndleap • Silverhawk • Snowtuft • Shredtail • Sparrowfeather • Redwillow • Rushtooth|
|Trainees||Crookedstar • Thistleclaw • Bramblestar • Hawkfrost • Lionblaze • Ivypool • Mousewhisker • Birchfall • Blossomfall • Thornclaw • Tigerstar • Antpelt • Ratscar • Applefur • Redwillow • Sunstrike • Harestar • Breezepelt • Minnowtail • Icewing • Beetlewhisker • Hollowflight • Furzepelt • Larkwing • Whiskernose|