|"Let your warriors fight. Let them prove their courage and their loyalty to you by defending your borders. Peace is not the way of the Clans. We prove ourselves in battle."|
|— Songbird discussing the ways of warriors in Battles of the Clans, page 145|
Songbird is a light brown tabby she-cat with white front paws and amber eyes.
In Battles of the Clans, it is revealed that she died when an unknown ShadowClan cat struck her with a fatal blow. She dies curled protectively around her belly, which was just beginning to swell with Morningstar's kits. Morningstar mentions that he wouldn't want to fight again and lose more cats. He says that they shouldn't have fought ShadowClan after just chasing off a fox, and that his Clan had been too weak to take on the rival Clan.
Morningstar later sees a vision of Songbird after he blames Leafstorm's death on himself. She said that her warriors would rather be killed in battle rather than a cough, and then vanishes. Songbird mentions that Leafstorm had wanted to die in battle, and at least the expectant queen had that opportunity—Leafstorm never got the chance, due to her life being taken by sickness.
After seeing his deceased mate who convinces him to take his Clan into battle, Morningstar decides to let his Clan fight.
Please do not edit this gallery
- Battles of the Clans † (First appearance)
- "We lost Songbird in a battle that should never have been fought. We had no proof that ShadowClan chased that fox into our territory. Getting rid of it used up too much of our strength; I was stupid to let my pride send a patrol after ShadowClan as well."
- —Morningstar when he is explaining to his Clan that they shouldn't have fought ShadowClan Battles of the Clans, page 141
- "Leafstorm wanted to die in battle. At least I had that chance."
- —Songbird about how Leafstorm wanted to die Battles of the Clans, page 145
- "Morningstar spun around, his nostrils flaring as he breathed in the sweet, familiar scent. Songbird?"
- —Narrator about Morningstar scenting Songbird's presence Battles of the Clans, page 145
- (Mentioned only)
- (Indirect mention only)