|"I'll tell Fleck and Mitzi I saw you. They'll be pleased you're okay."|
|— Soot to Crookedpaw in Crookedstar's Promise, page 198|
Soot is a black she-cat with green eyes.
In the Super Editions
- Soot: "I'll tell Fleck and Mitzi I saw you. They'll be pleased you're okay."
- Crookedpaw: "Tell them I said..."
- Crookedstar's Promise, page 198
- Soot is one of Mitzi's kits and she and her littermates, Piper, Magpie, and Mist, introduce themselves to Crookedkit when he comes to the barn. She is very curious, and asks the newcomer many questions. She and her siblings take an instant liking to him, hearing he is from a Clan. When he offers to watch the group of kits, they are delighted, especially when he offers to play corn-ball.
- When harvest time comes, she wanders too far from her mother, and is nearly killed by a Twoleg's farm monster. Crookedkit goes out to search for her, and tracks her down by following her fear-scent. He finds Soot right when the Twoleg monster is bearing down on her, and barely manages to save her. She is shaken up, but not too shaken to tell her uncle, Fleck, and Mitzi that Crookedkit was the one who saved her.
- When Crookedpaw travels to the Moonstone with his Clanmates, he runs into Soot who is happy to see him. Crookedpaw remarks that he thinks the she-cat has grown a lot since the pair last saw each other. The two old friends start talking, and Soot tells him that Piper, Mitzi, and Fleck are okay, but admits she's not sure about Mist and Magpie, who were taken away by Twolegs to hunt mice on another farm. When asked if he is a warrior yet, Crookedpaw tells her no, but that he's an apprentice. Despite the discouraging comments from Crookedpaw's RiverClan mentor, Cedarpelt, and his other Clanmates, she is very bright and optimistic while talking to her old friend. When the two part ways, Soot promises to pass on his greetings to her family, and understands why Crookedpaw seems so quiet.
- Often, Crookedstar thinks of Soot and her family, recalling fond memories of them. The RiverClan leader says that he's grateful to them because they made him feel wanted while his Clan had not. Regardless of how RiverClan felt about them, he always considered them his friends and notes that Soot must be as big as a warrior by then.
In the Field Guides
- Although not directly mentioned by name, Soot is alluded to on Crookedstar's page. Crookedkit, upon leaving RiverClan, went to stay with some barn cats for a while, and learned from them. While he loved his time there, he realized he was a RiverClan cat at heart, and left Soot and her family.
Please do not edit this gallery
= Gender Unknown
- Fleck: "He's heading for the Foodstone."
- Crookedkit: "'Moonstone!"
- Crookedstar's Promise, page 91
- "Wow! A real warrior! You're so big."
- ―Soot's amazement at Cedarpelt's size Crookedstar's Promise, page 197
- "She's hardly more then a kit. She's not doing any harm."
- ―Crookedpaw defending Soot from his Clanmates Crookedstar's Promise, page 197
- (Warrior of the Week #40)
- (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.