|"So special you have to get rid of us!"|
|— Spider Paw upset with Moth Flight as she gives away her kits in Moth Flight's Vision, page 462|
Spider Paw was an ancient RiverClan warrior under Riverstar's leadership in the forest territories. He was born to Micah and Moth Flight, two medicine cats, in WindClan alongside his siblings, Honey Pelt, Blue Whisker and Bubbling Stream. However, shortly after their birth, Moth Flight struggled to care for her kits and maintain her duties as medicine cat. Spider Paw frequently complained about their mother leaving them, and nearly drowned in the river trying to follow her to RiverClan. Moth Flight decided to give her kits up between the Clans like a Blazing Star. Spider Paw was raised in RiverClan and, moons later, witnessed the birth of Blue Whisker's kits and Moth Flight's accession into StarClan.
- 1 History
- 2 Character pixels
- 3 Official art
- 4 Kin
- 5 Appearances
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Quotes
- 8 External links
- 9 Notes
- 10 Notes and references
In the Super Editions
- Spider Paw is born to Micah and Moth Flight alongside Honey Pelt, Bubbling Stream, and Blue Whisker. Moth Flight dries the kits and pulls them closer to her as they squirm. She notes that one of the kits is white like her and also wonders what eye color he will have, but the kits' eyes are still closed. Wind Runner says it will be a few days before they can discover their eye color. Pebble Heart gazes as the kits as he asks if he is too late for the birth. Wind Runner says he is but asks him to check on the family. The medicine cat concedes they are fine as Dust Muzzle comes to see the new kits. Moth Flight asks if her kits are beautiful, hugging them closer. Pebble Heart says they are strong and healthy and decides to stay the night to keep an eye on the kits. Moth Flight thinks her kits will help with her grief for Micah and that each kit is perfect. The kits purr with their mother.
- While Moth Flight dreams, she thinks of bringing a rabbit to her kits and Spider Paw would be the first to beg for a taste. The she-cat thinks her kits are perfect and feels a burst of love for them. She thinks that even Spider Paw's extra toe is adorable of which he is named after. Moth Flight talks to Micah who confirms he has seen his kits. Moth Flight asks if their kits are beautiful and says they remind her of her deceased mate. Micah tells Moth Flight not to let Spider Paw, Bubbling Stream, and Honey Pelt push Blue Whisker around. Moth Flight reassures they are protective of her, especially Spider Paw. The kit never lets Slate's kits near Blue Whisker since she is scared of them. Micah wishes to be with their kits but mentions they are lucky to have these kits. He also says that Moth Flight will see him in the kits. The she-cat wakes up to the kits fidgeting in their sleep.
- Later, Spider Paw is crouching in the sandy hollow with Silver Stripe beside him. Spider Paw asks Black Ear if his crouch is right, pressing his chin closer to the sand and staring ahead. Black Ear declares it’s quite good, and advises to pull his hind legs closer to himself. Moth Flight keeping an eye on Spider Paw and his three siblings is harder than it should be and is grateful something is always helping to take care of the kits. Moth Flight notes that since she is a medicine cat, she has to also care for her Clanmates, however, every time she does, one of her kits will always call her back for one reason or another. It seems as if every time she is away from her kits, she would be called back. Slate always tells Moth Flight that they are safe and will survive while she takes care of her Clanmates. Moth Flight thinks she cannot settle as her kits' father is dead and doesn't want them to live without a mother too. Moth Flight also thinks her kits are special and no cat can love them as she does.
- Dappled Pelt and Acorn Fur come to WindClan. Dappled Pelt sees Spider Paw with Blue Whisker and says they are all gorgeous. Moth Flight admits she sees their father in them and Acorn Fur adds Spider Paw and his siblings have Micah's spirit. Moth Flight is told it's her turn to train Acorn Fur but the mother protests she is busy with her kits. Dappled Pelt reminds her she is a medicine cat as well. Dappled Pelt looks at the kits, seeing they are playing happily with their Clanmates as Slate keeps an eye on them. The tortoiseshell points out there are many willing Clanmates that can keep an eye on Moth Flight's kits while she is focused on her medicine cat duties. Moth Flight snaps her kits need her as they don't have Micah. She does give in eventually however, glancing at her kits longingly. Spider Paw is hunting imaginary prey in the sandy hollow with Bubbling Stream's help. Moth Flight decides the kits can cope without her for now. For days, the kits are left in Slate's care as Moth Flight trains Acorn Fur. On one rainy afternoon, Moth Flight hopes the kits are sheltered in a den. She recalls how used to being away from her kits she is but they still give a great welcome when she comes home. They clamber over her and beg for a game, purring. Moth Flight questions if she can become a full medicine cat again but then decides against it as she thinks she is away from her kits enough already.
- On the way to a Gathering, Moth Flight's mind is still on her kits, who are currently at camp. Rocky had promised to take care of Spider Paw and his siblings and make sure they are asleep and tucked in by the time Moth Flight returns. Moth Flight is gracious other cats are staying behind too since if there is an attack from a predator, the kits are very safe. During the Gathering, Dappled Pelt asks about the kits and Moth Flight replies they are good. She says that each kit is getting more restless and boisterous each day. Cloud Spots says that he was told the kits have Micah's colors and is sure their father is watching over them. Moth Flight rushes out of the Gathering to help Tiny Branch, who is severely injured. The kit doesn't survive, and Moth Flight is suddenly worried about the safety of her own kits. She says she has to see her kits and Clear Sky, Tiny Branch's father tells her her kits need her. Moth Flight races home, thinking of how much she needs to see them safe. The kits are with Rocky, who confirms he tucked them in as promised. Moth Flight looks at the kits, seeing Spider Paw stir and stretch his paw onto Bubbling Stream's muzzle. Moth Flight breathes their scent and is grateful to StarClan for keeping them out of danger.
- Moth Flight asks Slate to take care of her kits the next day. Spider Paw sniffs and asks what can happen to them while they are in camp. Moth Flight wants to wrap her kits in safety beside her as if they were newly born. She notes they are still growing however and just want to explore the world around them. Spider Paw repeatedly asks Moth Flight’s name, plucking grass outside their den. He asks why they cannot go onto the moor and Moth Flight blinks at him and asks what he said, calling him dear. Spider Paw crossly repeats the question and his mother reminds him that buzzards can carry him away and there are foxes and Twoleg dogs. She tells him that the moor isn’t safe until they are big enough to run away or fight. Honey Pelt leaps at his brother, declaring they can fight. Spider Paw struggles under him as they roll and wrestle. Moth Flight warns them to be careful as she sees Spider Paw unsheathe his claws. She tells them that they are play-fighting so should sheathe their claws. Moth Flight notices Slate's exhaustion and attempts to find some else to keep an eye on her kits, but cannot find anyone. She leaves her kits to Slate as she tends to Rocky. Rocky wishes he could take care of the kits for Moth Flight.
- Blue Whisker falls off the rocks in the camp and Spider Paw presses against Slate in fear. Moth Flight is frustrated and feels she has to be taking care of Rocky and her kits at the same time. Spider Paw lifts his chin and confirms he climbed the rocks the day before, as well as Honey Pelt and Bubbling Stream. He tells Moth Flight that Rocky said they were too scared and Micah would have them hunting on the moor already. The tom-kit guiltily glances at Rocky's den, mentioning that the older cat promised to catch the kits if they fell off the rocks. Moth Flight orders the kits to go play, and the kits droop their tails, trialing away. Spotted Fur asks the kits if they want to play mossball. After Bubbling Stream and Honey Pelt join Spotted Fur's team, Spider Paw glances at Blue Whisker and says they can be a team. He declares they can beat Spotted Fur's team easy. Spider Paw is later seen looking through the fresh-kill pile with Blue Whisker. Swift Minnow agrees to keep an eye on the kits for Moth Flight. Gorse Fur also agrees, ready to show them hunting moves.
- Moth Flight and Spotted Fur are kept as prisoners in SkyClan. Moth Flight thinks her kits need her, imagining them with Slate. The mother recalls being in her nest with her kits and thinks they'll want to know where she is pretty soon. They'll be scared when they learn their mother is missing in SkyClan territory. Moth Flight is desperate to let Spider Paw and his littermates know she is safe. Spotted Fur tells Moth Flight he wanted to admit something for some time, but she was always busy with being a medicine cat and taking care of her kits. Spotted Fur explains his love for the kits, and Moth Flight mentions they love him too. After a battle, Moth Flight wonders who is caring for her kits, and if they know she is safe. She stresses they are worried for her and terrified for their safety. Moth Flight tells Pebble Heart of her worry and Pebble Heart tells her to go. Moth Flight imagines her kits wailing and runs to WindClan camp.
- Wind Runner has become very sick and Moth Flight has been caring for her, leaving other cats to take care of her kits and it's noted they miss her. When Moth Flight leaves to seek advice from Dappled Pelt, she tells her kits she cannot play right now. Spider Paw scrambles out of the hollow and stares at his mother, insisting she hasn’t played with them for days. Slate offers to play with them but ultimately Storm Pelt does.
- On the way, Moth Flight hears calls saying to help Spider Paw or he’ll drown. Moth Flight sees a paw in the river, appearing and disappearing in the current. As Moth Flight races to the river, one of Spider Paw’s siblings tells her that Spider Paw fell in. Moth Flight jumps in, trying to steer herself to Spider Paw and starts panic and thinks her son’s name. She spots him spinning in the current and shots forward, closing the gap between her and the tom-kit. She snags Spider Paw with a paw and grabs him and as she swims to safety, she heaves Spider Paw out of the water and urges him to lift his head and breath. She shakes him to try and rouse him, but Spider Paw’s muzzle only drags through the water. Moth Flight questions if he is dead and drags him from the water to lie him down. Spider Paw’s muzzle rolls to the side and his paws flop onto the ground. Moth Flight says his name before Micah reminds her how Dappled Pelt saved Drizzle from drowning. The medicine cat rests her paw of Spider Paw chests and pumps, growling for him to breathe. Spider Paw jerks suddenly jerks and coughs up water. Moth Flight rolls him onto his side and massages his flank while she scans for Spider Paw’s siblings. When she cannot spot them, she noses Spider Paw up and urges him to hurry as they need to find their kin and get away. Spider Paw is picked up by the scruff, churning his paws as he is carried along. She finds them and drops Spider Paw onto the ground beside Honey Pelt.
- Moth Flight takes her kits to the stepping-stones as there is a fox nearby. She notes that her kits are prey to the foxes and are in danger. When they reach the stepping-stones, Moth Flight tells her kits to wait and takes them across one at a time. She grabs Spider Paw and takes him across as he dangles over the river. After they all make it across, Moth Flight asks why they came and points out she can take care of herself. The mother glances at Spider Paw, saying she can cross the river without falling in. Spider Paw's eyes are full of guilt as his fur is plastered to his sides, making him seem tiny. Moth Flight is determined to get her kits out of danger before talking to Dappled Pelt, leading them to the gorge. She noses the kits and guides them back home where Gorse Fur finds them and yowls his relief. Storm Pelt says he doesn't know how they escaped but it's explained that they used a hidden tunnel in the camp. Gorse Fur sternly tells the kits they were supposed to be in camp, eyeing them. Spider Paw reports to the tom he fell into the river but was saved by Moth Flight. The she-cat is annoyed she isn't with Dappled Pelt, instead taking her kits back to camp. She tells her Clanmates to watch her kits and goes to see Dappled Pelt.
- When Moth Flight returns, the kits are around Black Ear and a rabbit in the hollow, fur soaked from the rain. Moth Flight tells Spider Paw and his littermates to go find shelter with Slate and Swift Minnow. Spider Paw jumps from the hollow and stares at the she-cat, reminding that she promised to play with them. Jagged Peak asks if she should be taking care of her kits as the kits complain. Moth Flight and Wind Runner have to go to the Highstones and Spider Paw shakes water from his fur and begs for her to stay. Moth Flight silently replies she cannot, calling her kits her loves and mentally apologizes.
- Days later, the now named Windstar tells Honey Pelt to go Spider Paw, Bubbling Stream and Blue Whisker, nodding to the three kits. Spider Paw is being chased by Bubbling Stream and Blue Whisker as he darts around. When Windstar and Gorse Fur go to hunt, Spider Paw stops and stares wistfully at them. Bubbling Stream tries to cheer him up by suggesting to play hunt instead. Rocky asks Moth Flight if he should care for her kits while she gathers medicine. Moth Flight recalls that she has felt a need to be with her kits since she returned from the Highstones and recalls Spider Paw's near drowning. The mother is torn, she feels her medicine cat duties threaten her kits safety, but her duties to her kits threaten her Clan. Rocky again asks if she is going herb hunting, but Moth Flight decides to spend time with her kits.
- During the half-moon medicine cat meeting, Moth Flight snaps medicine cats cannot have kits or a mate. Acorn Fur points out she did, but Moth Flight says she is wrong. She mentions she cannot balance her two lives and when Spider Paw nearly drowned, she pulled him out of the river and he wasn’t breathing. She had no idea what to do but Pebble Heart points out that she saved him. Moth Flight explains Micah did and told her what to do and if he didn’t, she would have watched Spider Paw die. The medicine cat explains she is scared of her kits safety while she is caring for WindClan and is scared for her Clan's safety when she is caring for her kits. Moth Flight asks what happened if she received the moth sign while she was rescuing Spider Paw and concludes she would missed it. Moth Flight snaps to Acorn Fur she cannot have a mate but Acorn Fur replies she had kits. Moth Flight concludes she cannot be a queen and medicine cat so shall give away her kits.
- On the way to the Four Trees, Spider Paw is scrambling over an oak root as Moth Flight calls for him to stay close. Spider Paw glances over his shoulder and protests he wants to explore. Honey Pelt marches to him and explains Moth Flight said to come back. Moth Flight had decided at the Moonstone that the leaders of each Clan will take one kit to be raised in their Clan. Acorn Fur asked if staying together would be better but Moth Flight insisted she wants a kit in each of the other Clans. Acorn Fur replies if they were together they could take care of each other but Moth Flight reasoned she is certain the Clans will take care of them. Spider Paw climbs the oak roots at Four Trees with Bubbling Stream and Honey Pelt. Moth Flight sees them and thinks they are tiny as their fur is like pale thistledown. Moth Flight tells them to come down, explaining she wishes to speak to them. Spider Paw races after his brother and asks if they are returning home. The kits line up, eyes widened with excitement. Moth Flight says she has something important to say, thinking that her kits are the petals of the Blazing Star and she will scatter then gather them.
- Moth Flight explains that leaders from the other Clans are meeting them at Fourtrees and Spider Paw pricks his ears and asks why. Moth Flight reports the leaders are coming to meet them and take them to live in their own Clans, they will each go to a different Clan. Spider Paw asks if they are being given away, confused about his mother's words. Moth Flight reassures it must happen and she does love them, she wants this way because they are important and special, not because they are unwanted. Spider Paw growls they are so special she has to get ride of them. His mother says Micah told her she would scatter the Blazing Star's petals and Spider Paw asks angrily what that has to do with them. Moth Flight tells him they are the petals and before their birth, spirit cats gathered at Four Trees. The mother explains to her kits the history of the Blazing Star prophecy and the forming of the Clans. Spider Paw points out that the Clans still fight each other, that is how Windstar got hurt. Moth Flight tells them that is why they must do this as they are siblings so share a special, strong bond. When they are adults, the bond they share will make the Clans one again.
- Spider Paw glances at Bubbling Stream and explains they have to go different Clans because they are special. Honey Pelt reassures Blue Whisker, Spider Paw, and the others will meet with her at Gathering and won't be far. He also says that Bubbling Stream or Spider Paw will be in RiverClan. Moth Flight tells them that Spider Paw is going to RiverClan, and the tom-kit’s eyes widen in horror, complaining he’ll have to eat fish and swim. Honey Pelt nudges him and says that at least next time he falls into the river he will not half drown and Spider Paw thoughtfully tips his head. Bubbling Stream is going to ShadowClan so Spider Paw teases she’ll have to eat frogs and comments that’s even worse than fish. Moth Flight expresses that she'll miss them and Spider Paw weaves around her legs. Honey Pelt wonders what forest prey tastes like, and Spider Paw mutters it’ll be better than fish. Moth Flight tells Spider Paw that fish is lovely, blinking at him and insisting he’ll love it. Riverstar arrives, and Spider Paw presses against his mother, saying he doesn’t want to go. Moth Flight reassures that he’ll be okay as Riverstar mentions that he is honored that she trusts RiverClan to care for one of her kits. Thunderstar also arrives and looks at each kit, mentioning they do look a lot like Micah. Shadowstar and Skystar come and the ShadowClan she-cat says it has to be difficult for the kits. Honey Pelt defends Spider Paw and his littermates, snapping they are not scared. Skystar comments he cannot imagine Micah's kits being afraid and Spider Paw lifts his muzzle.
- After Blue Whisker and Bubbling Stream leaves, Riverstar glances at Honey Pelt and Spider Paw, asking who is coming with him. Honey Pelt glances at Spider Paw, who is staring at the leader as if he is a hawk circling its prey. Riverstar tells Spider Paw that RiverClan is looking forward to meeting him. Spider Paw edges forward, saying he is going with him. Riverstar blinks at the kit, commenting he looks like he’ll make a great swimmer and points out his broad shoulders and wide paws. Riverstar also nods to Spider Paw’s extra claw, mentioning that fish is slippery and that extra claw will make catching them easier. Spider Paw glances at the ground and explains he almost drowned once. Riverstar snorts that happened because he didn’t have a great swimming coach and reassures that he hasn’t lost any apprentices yet so he is in safe paws. Spider Paw blinks at his mother, asking if he has to go. Moth Flight leans forward and presses against his son’s head, whispering it is his destiny and urges him to not scared as StarClan is watching over. Spider Paw says he wants to be her kit, not RiverClan's kits. Moth Flight meets his gaze and explains he’ll always be her kit and Spider Paw hurries after Riverstar and his new home.
- In the moon of he kits' departures, Moth Flight feels their their absence, expecting to feel them against her. Moth Flight asks Dappled Pelt how Spider Paw is settling into RiverClan. Dappled Pelt proudly says her son can swim already. Moth Flight asks if he isn’t swimming by himself, and Dappled Pelt reassures kits don’t swim by themselves, not until they’re strong enough against the currents at least. Moth Flight remembers her swim with Spider Paw, and cannot imagine Spider Paw being strong enough to survive the river then. Dappled Pelt says that the kit will swim like a fish soon, and that Drizzle and Pine Needle think Spider Paw is great. Dappled Pelt explains that Spider Paw is teaching the two kits how to play moss-ball and is a great jumper and Drizzle cannot get the moss ball past him. Moth Flight pictures her son charging around the RiverClan camp like he did in WindClan camp and thinks he sounds happy in RiverClan. She wants her kits to be happy and hopes Spider Paw and his siblings keep a place for their mother in their hearts. Moth Flight wonders if StarClan knew the kits would have to be given away and if it was right. She sees Half Moon and wishes to say the kits went to different Clans because there wasn't anything else she could do. The she-cat notes that Micah gave his blessing for the kits' move and did it to be a medicine cat.
- In the manga bonus section, which appears to take place many seasons later, Spider Paw hurries to Moth Flight, carrying a branch. He asks if the branch will do, and Moth Flight agrees and says he chose well. She tells him that now they need to strip the leaves off and as he tends to his task, the tom nervously asks Moth Flight why she didn’t come to the Gathering last moon. Moth Flight explains that Owl Song needed her as she was nervous about her kitting. Moth Flight then asks about Blue Whisker attending the Gathering as her own kits should be due soon. Spider Paw reassures she was there, fat as a badger, but they know Blue Whisker, never is she going to miss any gossip within the Clans. Both Moth Flight and Spider Paw visit Blue Whisker in ThunderClan.
- They are greeted by Thunderstar, who in turn, asks Moth Flight if she can help Blue Whisker deliver her kits. Moth Flight says yes, and she and the rest of her family, Spider Paw included, are present for the birth of Blue Whisker's kits. Spider Paw is delighted at the three little kits and Moth Flight again recalls the reason she decided to give her kits up to the other Clans. Moth Flight thinks to herself that this is the first time they have all been together since they were split up, but know that it will be the last time.
- Their happiness is cut short as Moth Flight says she will be in StarClan soon. Spider Paw is surprised as Moth Flight sees the moth, aware the kits cannot see it. The four cats listen to Moth Flight explain her pride for them and urges them to continue their path. The medicine advises Spider Paw and his littermates to stay loyal to their Clans and help all cats they can. Moth Flight follows the moth, knowing StarClan sent it and notes her kits know it too. She does nothing but hopes Spider Paw and his siblings understand her love and pride for them.
Please do not edit this gallery
Please do not edit this gallery
Please do not edit this gallery
- Blue Whisker: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Bubbling Stream: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Dust Muzzle: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Emberkit: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Mistmouse:[note 1]  Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Stagleap: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Doespring: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Ryestalk: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Onestar: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Tornear: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Mudclaw: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Morningflower: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Ashfoot: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Gorsepaw: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Crowfeather: Living (As of The Place of No Stars)
- Darktail: Deceased, residence unknown
- Heathertail: Living (As of The Place of No Stars)
- Eaglekit: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Hillkit: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Downkit: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Storkkit: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Quailkit: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Smoke's kits: Deceased, residence unknown
- Breezepelt: Living (As of The Place of No Stars)
- Jayfeather: Living (As of The Place of No Stars)
- Lionblaze: Living (As of The Place of No Stars)
- Hollyleaf: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Crowfeather and Nightcloud's kits: Deceased, residence unknown
- Hollytuft: Living (As of Daisy's Kin)
- Sorrelstripe: Living (As of Daisy's Kin)
- Spotfur: Living (As of Daisy's Kin)
- Flywhisker: Living (As of Graystripe's Vow)
- Smokehaze: Deceased, verified Place of No Stars member
- Brindlewing: Living (As of The Place of No Stars)
- Appleshine: Living (As of The Place of No Stars)
- Woodsong: Living (As of The Place of No Stars)
- Fernsong: Living (As of Daisy's Kin)
- Snaptooth: Living (As of Graystripe's Vow)
- Thriftear: Living (As of The Place of No Stars)
- Bristlefrost: Living (As of The Place of No Stars)
- Myrtlepaw: Living (As of The Place of No Stars)
- Flipclaw: Living (As of The Place of No Stars)
- Baypaw: Living (As of The Place of No Stars)
|Unnamed ♀||Unnamed ♀|
|Unnamed ♀||Unnamed ♀||Windstar ♀||Gorsestar ♂|
|Micah ♂||Moth Flight ♀||Morning Whisker ♀||Dust Muzzle ♂||Emberkit ♂|
|Spider Paw ♂||Honey Pelt ♂||Blue Whisker ♀||Bubbling Stream ♀|
= Gender Unknown
- Moth Flight's Vision (First appearance)
- Thunderstar's Echo (Allegiance only)
- Shadowstar's Life (Allegiance only)
- Squirrelflight's Hope (Indirect mention only)
- Kate believes Spider Paw to be short-furred.[blog 1]
- Kate says it is possible that Blackstar is descended from him.[blog 2]
- He is shown as a two-tone cat in the manga at the end of Moth Flight's Vision.
The following information is from sources considered non-canon or retconned.
- In Secrets of the Clans, a 2007 field guide, Spider Paw's descendants live on in WindClan through Ashfoot and Crowfeather.
- "Even Spider Paw's extra toe, which he'd been named for, was adorable."
- ―Moth Flight thinking about her kits Moth Flight's Vision, page 321
- Micah: "Keep an eye on Blue Whisker. She's so shy. Don't let the others push her around."
- Moth Flight: "They won't. They're so protective of her. Especially Spider Paw. He won't let Slate's kits near her because she's scared of them."
- Moth Flight's Vision, page 322
- "You can be on my team. We'll beat them easily."
- ―Spider Paw teaming up with Blue Whisker for moss ball Moth Flight's Vision, page 367
- "But you haven't played with us for days!"
- ―Spider Paw complaining to Moth Flight Moth Flight's Vision, page 408
- "You promised you'd play with us!"
- ―Spider Paw complaining to Moth Flight Moth Flight's Vision, page 422
- Moth Flight: "Stay close."
- Spider Paw: "But I want to explore."
- Moth Flight's Vision, page 459
- Spider Paw: "But the Clans still fight each other. That’s how Windstar got hurt."
- Moth Flight: "That is why you must each join a Clan. You are littermates. Your bond is strong. One day, when you are grown up, that bond will make the Clans into one family once more. You are the petals of the Blazing Star."
- Moth Flight's Vision, page 463
- Bubbling Stream: "Why do we have to join new Clans? Why can't Storm Pelt and Eagle Feather and Dew Nose?"
- Spider Paw: "Because we are special."
- Moth Flight's Vision, page 463
- Spider Paw: "I'll have to eat fish. And swim!'"
- Honey Pelt: "At least next time you fall in the river, you won't half drown."
- Moth Flight's Vision, page 464
- "You'll have to eat frogs. That’s even worse than fish!"
- ―Spider Paw to Bubbling Stream Moth Flight's Vision, page 465
- Honey Pelt: "I wonder what forest prey tastes like."
- Spider Paw: "Better than fish."
- Moth Flight's Vision, page 466
- Riverstar: "You look like you'll make good swimmer. You have broad shoulders and wide paws. Fish are slippery. That claw will make them easier to catch."
- Spider Paw: "I nearly drowned once."
- Moth Flight's Vision, page 469
- Spider Paw: "Do I really have to go?"
- Moth Flight: "It's your destiny. Don't be afraid. StarClan is watching over you."
- Moth Flight's Vision, page 469
- Moth Flight: "Is Spider Paw settling into RiverClan?"
- Dappled Pelt: "He can swim already."
- Moth Flight's Vision, page 474
- "Drizzle and Pine Needle think Spider Paw's great. He's been teaching them how to play moss-ball. He's a great jumper. Drizzle can never get the moss past him."
- ―Dappled Pelt to Moth Flight about Spider Paw Moth Flight's Vision, page 474
- (Warrior of the Week #36)
- (Indirect mention only)
- All of Spider Paw's distant descendants are through Mistmouse's bloodline as revealed on the Warriors family tree.
Notes and references
- Revealed on the screenshot) (
- Revealed in Moth Flight's Vision, page 464
- Revealed in Moth Flight's Vision, page 321
- Revealed in Thunderstar's Echo, allegiances
- Revealed in Moth Flight's Vision, page 412
- Revealed in Moth Flight's Vision, page 415
- Revealed in Moth Flight's Vision, page 469
- Revealed in Moth Flight's Vision, page 318
- Revealed in Moth Flight's Vision, manga
- Revealed in The First Battle, page 139
- Revealed in Moth Flight's Vision, page 72
- Revealed in The First Battle: Bonus Scene, page 2
- Revealed in The First Battle: Bonus Scene, page 15
- Revealed on the screenshot) (
- Revealed in Tallstar's Revenge, page 26
- Revealed in Tallstar's Revenge, page 493
- Revealed on Vicky's Facebook
- Revealed in Rising Storm, page 208
- Revealed in Starlight, page 131
- Revealed in Shattered Sky, page 259
- Revealed on the screenshot) (
- Revealed in Fire and Ice, page 2
- Revealed on the screenshot) (
- Revealed in Firestar's Quest, page 40
- Revealed on the screenshot) (
- Revealed in Shattered Sky, page 258
- Revealed in The Sight, page 118
- Revealed in Sunrise, page 305
- Revealed in Crowfeather's Trial, page 406
- Revealed in Bramblestar's Storm, page 478
- Revealed in River of Fire, allegiances
- Revealed in The Apprentice's Quest, allegiances
- Revealed in Lost Stars, allegiances
- Revealed in River of Fire, page 203
- Revealed in Squirrelflight's Hope, allegiances
- Revealed in Moth Flight's Vision, page 463
- Revealed in Moth Flight's Vision, page 484
- Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 37
|Ancient RiverClan cats|
|Medicine cat||Dappled Pelt|
|Warriors (Hunters)||Shattered Ice • Dew • Dawn Mist • Moss Tail • Drizzle • Pine Needle • Spider Paw|