|"I'm sure Darkfoot will be fine. It's Morningflower I'm worried about."|
|— Leafpaw to Crowfeather in Starlight, page 198|
- Below contains in-depth information for chapter thirteen of Starlight. If you are looking for a shorter summary of the entire book, please check the main article.
- Chapter Number: 13 (of 23)
- Page Numbers: 195-206
- Leafpaw tells Crowfeather that she has come to help the ill cats, since ThunderClan had the same problem. Whitetail tells him to back off, and the gray warrior snorts, and watches Leafpaw as she examines the suffering cats. When she is sure that Morningflower and Darkfoot have the same illness, Leafpaw gives them a few mint leaves to swallow. Leafpaw admits she doesn't know if they will die. Darkfoot stirs, asking where Barkface is. Whitetail informs the tom that Barkface isn't back yet, but Leafpaw is here. Darkfoot chews the mint leaves Leafpaw gives him, stating that it didn't matter which Clan she was in, as long as she knows what she is doing.
- Morningflower starts retching feebly, and Crowfeather asks what she has done, snarling she is getting worse. Leafpaw leaps backward as he bares his teeth at her and tries to dodge around him to get back to her patient. Onewhisker orders Crowfeather to stop, asking what he is doing. Crowfeather states she shouldn't be here, and Onewhisker asks if the tom was saying she shouldn't be saving lives. He adds that Crowfeather could watch Leafpaw, and tells Leafpaw to feel free to ask Crowfeather to do something. Leafpaw thanks the WindClan cat. Onewhisker pads away with Whitetail.
- Crowfeather snarls that she would be crow-food if she treated him like an apprentice. She asks Crowfeather to open Morningflower's jaws open and Leafpaw pushes pulp into her mouth. When their flanks touch each other's, the cats leap away from each other.
- Morningflower is limp, and Leafpaw sits beside her. Crowfeather asks if they are getting better, and Leafpaw states that Morningflower is in worse condition than Darkfoot. She looks up to see Barkface, who greets her and drops a few juniper berries. Barkface says that it was good thinking to use watermint. Crowfeather is waved away by Barkface, and Leafpaw watches him go, wondering why she feels disappointed.
- Barkface tells her to go back to her Clan, and promises he would update her on their condition. Leafpaw tells Onewhisker that they will be okay, and the tom thanks her, saying that they would give ThunderClan the land in the woods. Mudclaw asks if he is mouse-brained, and Onewhisker states that he doesn't want to hear anymore fighting over the border. Webfoot agrees with Mudclaw, but the WindClan deputy snaps at them and Mudclaw mutters that he is a traitor.
- Onewhisker orders Crowfeather to escort Leafpaw to the ThunderClan camp, and the appalled warrior heads up a slope. Leafpaw hastily bounds after him, and since the dark gray tom was being rude, she doesn't bother to make conversation. Leafpaw is relieved when they enter the camp. Firestar is watching Ferncloud and Squirrelflight while they are making the nursery. Squirrelflight assures the queen that it won't take long, and Brambleclaw goes inside it with some moss. Leafpaw is impressed the new warrior is willing to do apprentice tasks. Crowfeather informs Firestar about the border, and the ThunderClan leader, surprised, tells the gray warrior to thank Onewhisker for him. Crowfeather leaves the camp without looking back.
- Firestar remarks that WindClan is being quite generous, different from ShadowClan. Squirrelflight informs her that a ShadowClan patrol had tried to chase Brambleclaw after he had crossed the borders. Brambleclaw meows that he could've dealt with them, and wonders why Onewhisker had given them a good chunk of good hunting territory. Squirrelflight rounds on the tom, stating at least he is loyal to his old friends. Anger flares in Brambleclaw's eyes, and he stalks off. Firestar worriedly shakes his head, them joins Thornclaw at the fresh-kill pile.
- Leafpaw asks Squirrelflight about Brambleclaw, and her sister confesses that she thought he didn't like her anymore, gazing at Leafpaw. Leafpaw realizes that while she could heal injuries, she will never be able to heal the breach between Squirrelflight and Brambleclaw. Dustpelt emerges from the bramble thicket and almost trips over Birchkit. Ferncloud tells her mate to not scold him, and Dustpelt purrs as Leafpaw looks on. The medicine cat apprentice wonders if she is missing something.
Notes and references
|Prologue • Chapter 1 • Chapter 2 • Chapter 3 • Chapter 4 • Chapter 5 • Chapter 6 • Chapter 7 • Chapter 8 • Chapter 9 • Chapter 10 • Chapter 11 • Chapter 12 • Chapter 13 • Chapter 14 • Chapter 15 • Chapter 16 • Chapter 17 • Chapter 18 • Chapter 19 • Chapter 20 • Chapter 21 • Chapter 22 • Chapter 23|