|"That was Stormheart. And this is no dream. We have to fight."|
|— Hawkwing to Sparrowpelt when Stormheart is attacked in Hawkwing's Journey, page 179|
Stormheart was a warrior of SkyClan under Leafstar’s leadership in the gorge. She was born as Stormkit to Leafstar and Billystorm along with her littermates, Harrykit and Firekit. She and her siblings were kidnapped by Sol in an attempt to get the Clan to accept him, but the plot was discovered by Shrewtooth, and Sol was banished. Stormkit became a warrior named Stormheart, and was killed when Darktail and his rogues drove SkyClan from the gorge.
- 1 History
- 2 Character pixels
- 3 Official art
- 4 Kin
- 5 Appearances
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Quotes
- 8 External links
- 9 Notes and references
In the Super Editions
- "Firefern, Stormheart, and Harrybrook, the kits of Leafstar and Billystorm, huddled together as if they were trying to find comfort in each other."
- ―Stormheart and her family after the death of Billystorm Hawkwing's Journey, page 97
- When Darktail and his cats attack the gorge, Stormheart is guarding the camp. Hawkwing and Sparrowpelt hear her screech as the rogues stream into the camp, and Hawkwing darts off to her, knowing she is alone by the Rockpile, but as he runs down the trail, Stormheart lets out another abrupt shriek. As Hawkwing remembers his Clanmates who had died in the gorge battle, he reflects that Stormheart had almost certainly been killed at the very beginning of the attack, and Rileypaw later confirms this.
In the SkyClan and the Stranger arc
- She is born to the SkyClan leader, Leafstar, and her mate, Billystorm, along with two siblings, though their parents agree to wait until the kits are older to name them. Shortly after her birth, Stormkit is discovered by an elderly Twoleg, causing her, her siblings, and her mother to be kidnapped. Leafstar fears that her kits will think they are kittypets when they open their eyes.
- She contemplates naming them in the Twoleg nest, but decides against it, not wanting them to think they are kittypets. After a short time, Sharpclaw and a few other SkyClan cats try to rescue them, but fail. Fallowfern pretends to be hurt, and while the Twoleg is distracted, Leafstar and her kits escape with the help of Harry, the elderly Twoleg's kittypet. Leafstar and Billystorm name the kits Stormkit, Firekit, and Harrykit.
- "Mama! Harrykit is going to bleed to death!"
- ―Stormkit to Leafstar after Harrykit is injured Beyond the Code, page 11
- When foxes invade SkyClan's camp, Stormkit, Harrykit, and Firekit emerge from the nursery, and try to join the fight. Leafstar can't catch the kits as they begin to approach her, but Lichenfur, a SkyClan elder, stops them in time. Later, Leafstar thanks her for this, and tells her kits they'd be punished if they ever did something like that again.
- Stormkit and her siblings are alarmed by the sound of the storm outside their den, and ask Leafstar what it was. Their mother and father comfort them, but they are forced to evacuate the den when Sharpclaw notices the gorge is beginning to flood. As huge waves crash through camp, Stormkit is carried to safety by Sharpclaw. She, Leafstar, Billystorm, Sharpclaw, and her siblings barely escape the floodwaters and reach safety.
- "Mama! Mama! We can help! What can we do?"
- ―Stormkit offering to help the rebuilding After the Flood, page 13
- When Billystorm, Harveymoon, and Shrewtooth find silverthorn, Billystorm warns his kits that they should never go near it. Leafstar leaves the kits with Clovertail to comfort Billystorm after he worries the gorge isn't safe enough for his kits. Later, the kits play with a bunch of moss in the leader's den. Firekit says they're pretending their Housefolk gave it to them, and Leafstar is shocked. Harrykit tells her that Billystorm said they could go and live with him and his Housefolk, as Billystorm said it wasn't safe for them to play in the gorge.
- Leafstar scolds Billystorm and tells him to leave the Clan for suggesting their kits become kittypets. Afterward, the kits ask Leafstar when they're going to Twolegplace. Leafstar says they're not, and Stormkit complains along with her siblings. Stormkit wonders why Billystorm hasn't come back, and Harrykit suggests he stopped loving them. Leafstar reassures them that their father would never do such a thing.
- Leafstar goes on a walk with Echosong, the Clan medicine cat, and tells the kits not to wander far. Harrykit pretends to be a flood, and Firekit and Stormkit run away from him playfully. Waspwhisker announces that the kits have gone missing, and after much searching, Leafstar sees Sol being stalked by Shrewtooth as he heads to a Twoleg nest. Shrewtooth finds Sol has the kits, and Leafstar joins him in attacking Sol. He is exiled, and Stormkit, Firekit, and Harrykit are returned to the gorge, happy that their parents have made amends.
In the Field Guides
- Stormkit and her siblings, Firekit and Harrykit, are mentioned on their mother's page. They described to have been kidnapped along with their mother by an elderly Twoleg woman, causing their father, Billystorm, to rethink his position as a daylight-warrior. Although not mentioned by name, it is mentioned that Sol took Stormkit and her siblings far from the gorge to play the triumphant role of finding them in order to impress Leafstar. However, his plot was discovered and he was banished from SkyClan.
Please do not edit this gallery
Please do not edit this gallery
= Gender Unknown
- She is named after Sandstorm, the prefix of her name being Sandstorm's suffix.
- When asked what happened to Harrykit and Stormkit, Vicky stated that they are fine, splendid cats. This is proven true when they appear as Harrybrook and Stormheart in Hawkwing's Journey.
- Leafstar: "By the way... I've thought of some names."
- Billystorm: "Oh? What have you come up with?"
- The Rescue, page 86
- Harrykit: "Here we come, mama!"
- Firekit: "We'll help you fight those mean foxes!"
- Beyond the Code, page 50
- Harrykit: "Billystorm says we can go live with him now! To keep us safe if there's another flood."
- Firekit: "Yeah! He says the housefolks' den never floods!"
- After the Flood, page 34
- (Indirect mention only)
- (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references
- Revealed in The Rescue, page 86
- Revealed in After the Flood, page 69
- Revealed in Hawkwing's Journey, page 218
- Revealed in Hawkwing's Journey, allegiances
- Revealed on the cover of After the Flood
- Revealed in SkyClan's Destiny, page 462
- Revealed in The Rescue, page 87
- Revealed in Firestar's Quest, page 489
- Revealed on Vicky's Facebook