|"Rogue cats come to the Twoleg farm sometimes, when they have traveled far and are in need of shelter for the night and a spare mouse or two. Cats who live toward the place where the sun sets. They have told Barley and me about a place where there is more water than you could possibly imagine, like a river that has only one bank, and it's too salty to drink. Every night it swallows the sun in a flash of fire, bleeding into the waves and without a sound."|
|— Ravenpaw to Brambleclaw about the sun-drown-place in Midnight, page 93|
The sun-drown-place is where as the sun sets and the name is given for the illusion of the sun being swallowed by the expanse of water. Sun-drown-place was formerly the home of Midnight, a badger, and was where four cats from the Clans are sent to meet with her to learn the meaning of a prophecy.
- The sun-drown-place lays south-westerly from the lake territories and encompasses a rather large area of land. It's comprised of cliffs along the shoreline and a huge expanse of water that is unsuitable for drinking. The water is cold, and a blue-green color with strong waves that could drown a cat if they aren't careful.
- More Coming Soon
- Main article: Journey to Midnight
- Coming Soon
In The New Prophecy arc
- Brambleclaw has a dream where he is drowning in salt water and then sees a cave with teeth. Ravenpaw says that it is a real place and he knows other rogues and loners who had been there. Ravenpaw says it looks like the sun is being swallowed by the sea each evening, hence the name. Several cats have prophetic dreams from StarClan, telling them they have to meet Midnight and listen to what she has to tell them. They set off on a journey to the sun-drown-place. During the journey, the cats have dreams or illusions of tasting salt water. When they arrive, Brambleclaw falls into the water, but is rescued by Stormfur and Squirrelpaw. They find the cave where they meet Midnight.
- The forest cats are waking up. Stormfur decides to talk to Midnight, and he asks her a question, but never finishes it due to Squirrelpaw and the others looking for prey.
In the Power of Three arc
- When the Tribe and Clan cats journey to the mountains, they meet Purdy, and Squirrelflight explains to the apprentices that they met him on their first journey, and he helped them find the way to the sun-drown-place.
- The "Sol patrol" goes to the sun-drown-place, looking for Sol and Midnight. Birchfall, Brambleclaw and Brackenfur almost drown, but are rescued by Lionblaze, Hazeltail and Hollyleaf.
- Midnight is not in her cave and it appears she has not been there in a while, so the cats leave to look for Sol somewhere else.
In the Graystripe's Adventure arc
- Graystripe and Millie come here on their journey to find the Clans on the back of a Twoleg monster. They see a beach, the sea, and several cliffs.
Please do not edit this gallery