|I think this is weird. Prey is so scarce right now, and here we are giving it away to another Clan."|
|— Sunnypelt doubting the decision to offer prey to ThunderClan in Lost Stars, page 123|
Sunnypelt is a ginger she-cat.
Sunnypelt is a SkyClan warrior under Leafstar's leadership in the lake territories. She was born as part of Tinycloud and Sparrowpelt's second litter alongside Quailfeather and Pigeonfoot as Sunnykit, the first SkyClan kits to be born by the lake. As an apprentice, Sunnypaw was mentored by Plumwillow, and later earned her warrior name, Sunnypelt.
In the A Vision of Shadows arc
- Sunnykit's brother, Quailkit, squeaks that there are invaders, causing Sunnykit and Pigeonkit to scramble out of the nursery when a ThunderClan patrol consisting of Ivypool, Lionblaze, Thornclaw, and Fernsong come to SkyClan's camp. She puffs out her kit-fur against the weather as Quailkit asks if they are rogues, to which Tinycloud answers that they are ThunderClan warriors. Sunnykit meows that she thought ThunderClan were like foxes, and Quailkit answers that it is ShadowClan who act like that. Tinycloud asks Sunnykit and her siblings to be quiet, and they calm down.
- Later, while Twigpaw is on patrol, Sparrowpelt talks fondly about his kits. The tom says that Pigeonkit and Sunnykit dared Quailkit to jump into the stream, despite just getting over his sniffles. When Violetpaw returns from finding the missing SkyClan cats, she is surprised to see so many cats in camp. She surveys the clearing, seeing Tinycloud on her back with Quailkit, Sunnykit, and Pigeonkit crawling over her.
- Sunnypaw watches Gravelpaw and Fringepaw practicing battle moves in the SkyClan camp. She tells Fringepaw to aim for his forepaws instead of his hindpaws. Sunnypaw leaves with SkyClan to return to the gorge, and gets stuck in mud. The ginger she-cat begins to sink, her life on the line. However, her Clanmates are quick to act and pull her out of the mud. Sunnypaw and the whole of SkyClan are brought back to the lake by Twigbranch's patrol a while later.
In The Broken Code arc
- Sunnypelt joins Rootpaw and Dewspring when Rootpaw takes prey to show his thanks to Bristlepaw for saving him from drowning in the lake. As they draw closer to the border, Sunnypelt remarks that she thinks this is weird, with prey being so scarce, and there they are, giving it to another Clan. They are escorted to ThunderClan's camp by a patrol, and Rootpaw gives the prey to Bristlepaw, but she tells him she can catch her own prey, and gives it to the elders instead. Returning to camp, Sunnypelt comments that that was a waste of time and prey. Rootpaw asks the warriors if they noticed something odd about Bramblestar, and Sunnypelt just shakes her head. They hear some muttering coming from beneath the low branches of a pine, and find Tree, who appears to be holding a conversation with himself. Dewspring and Sunnypelt exchange a glace, and Sunnypelt's whiskers riffle with amusement as they pad away.
In the Super Editions
- She is now a warrior named Sunnypelt.
In the Novellas
- She is now an apprentice named Sunnypaw with Plumwillow as her mentor.
Please do not edit this gallery
- Duskpaw: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Blossomheart: Living (As of Veil of Shadows)
- Hawkwing: Living (As of Veil of Shadows)
- Cloudmist: Living (As of Darkest Night)
- Curlypaw: Living (As of Hawkwing's Journey)
- Snipkit: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Fidgetflake: Living (As of Veil of Shadows)
- Reedclaw: Living (As of Veil of Shadows)
- Finleap: Living (As of Veil of Shadows)
- Dewspring: Living (As of Veil of Shadows)
|Unknown||Unnamed ♂||Clovertail ♀|
|Cherrytail ♀||Sparrowpelt ♂||Tinycloud ♀||Rockshade ♂||Bouncefire ♂||Sandynose ♂||Honeytail ♀||Birdwing ♀|
|Cloudmist ♀||Blossomheart ♀||Duskpaw ♂||Hawkwing ♂||Pebbleshine ♀||Parsleyseed ♂||Pigeonfoot ♀||Sunnypelt ♀||Quailfeather ♂||Finleap ♂||Reedclaw ♀||Dewspring ♂||Snipkit ♀||Curlypaw ♀||Fidgetflake ♂|
|Twigbranch ♀||Violetshine ♀||Turtlecrawl ♀||Kitescratch ♂|
|Rootspring ♂||Needleclaw ♀|
= Gender Unknown
- "[...] This morning [Quailkit] felt so much better, he wanted to see if he could jump the stream. Sunnykit and Pigeonkit dared him to try."
- —Sparrowpelt about his kits Darkest Night, page 249
- "Sunnypaw’s terrified wail echoed around the valley. Violetshine could make out her ginger head straining above the slick brown surface. She reached a muck-covered paw upward, her claws outstretched as she grabbed at air. Violetshine’s heart lurched. The apprentice was sinking deeper as she struggled."
- —Sunnypaw sinking in a mudslide The Raging Storm, page chapter 18
- Sunnypaw: "I want to go home."
- Leafstar: "We are going home!"
- The Raging Storm, page chapter 18
- (Allegiance only)
- (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Revealed in Tigerheart's Shadow, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in Veil of Shadows, page 257
- ↑ Revealed in an unknown book, undefined
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Revealed in Lost Stars, allegiances
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Revealed in Hawkwing's Journey, page 22
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Revealed in Shattered Sky, page 198
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Revealed in Hawkwing's Journey, page 21
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Revealed in Firestar's Quest, page 279
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 Revealed in The Rescue, page 10
- ↑ Revealed in Firestar's Quest, page 280
- ↑ Revealed in Firestar's Quest, page 363
- ↑ Revealed in Hawkwing's Journey, page 11
- ↑ Revealed in Hawkwing's Journey, page 33
- ↑ Revealed in Hawkwing's Journey, page 7
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 15.2 Revealed in Hawkwing's Journey, allegiances
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 16.2 Revealed in Hawkwing's Journey, page 332
|Medicine cats||Frecklewish • Fidgetflake|
|Warriors||Sparrowpelt • Tinycloud • Sagenose • Mintfur • Nettlesplash • Rabbitleap (Wrenpaw) • Plumwillow • Macgyver • Harrybrook • Blossomheart • Bellaleaf • Dewspring • Reedclaw • Violetshine • Fringewhisker • Palesky • Gravelnose • Nectarsong • Quailfeather • Pigeonfoot • Sunnypelt • Kitescratch • Turtlecrawl • Needleclaw • Rootspring|