|"I sort of liked Sunstrike when I met her at Gatherings."|
|— Ivypool about Sunstrike in Sign of the Moon, page 129|
Sunstrike is a tortoiseshell she-cat with a large white mark on her forehead.
Sunstrike was a WindClan warrior under Onestar's leadership in the lake territories. As an apprentice, Sunpaw was mentored by Emberfoot, and earned her warrior name, Sunstrike. She trained in the Dark Forest but fought for the Clans when she realized the Dark Forest's true intentions. Sunstrike perished in the Great Battle and went to StarClan.
In the Power of Three arc
- Sunpaw is a WindClan apprentice and her mentor is Emberfoot.
In the Omen of the Stars arc
- She has earned her warrior name, Sunstrike.
- "Thistleclaw's great. I can't believe he was ever a ThunderClan cat!"
- ―Sunstrike about Thistleclaw Sign of the Moon, page 61
- Ivypool reflects on the training Hawkfrost had Redwillow, Sunstrike, and herself do the night before. The cats had been training for quite a while, and Hawkfrost did not allow any cat to leave until their claw marks were all over the others' pelts. During the Dark Forest meeting, she sits next to Breezepelt.
- Sunstrike is mentioned when Birchfall says that they are going to meet at the border and that she's bringing Larkpaw and Harespring along. While waiting for them to arrive, she asks her Clanmates if there are any sign of the ThunderClan cats. They approach the border, but Foxleap sounds from a slope for them to halt and is followed by a patrol. He asks what they're doing so close to the border and she lies by saying they were checking the border. After arguing, Sunstrike bares her teeth, saying no WindClan cat crossed the border, obviously frustrated. Foxleap wants to check ThunderClan for any scent of them, but she retorts by saying there won't be any found. She then leads the other two cats through the heather to WindClan camp.
- When Sunstrike and Minnowtail realize what the Place of No Stars is planning, they're horrified. Sunstrike states that she can't believe that she didn't know the Dark Forest was planning an attack on the Clans, and that she didn't figure it out. During the battle, she is briefly seen attacking a Dark Forest cat.
Please do not edit this gallery
- Eclipse (First appearance; allegiance only)
- Long Shadows (Allegiance only)
- Sunrise (Allegiance only)
- Hollyleaf's Story (Allegiance only)
- The Fourth Apprentice (Allegiance only)
- Mistystar's Omen (Allegiance only)
- Fading Echoes (Allegiance only)
- Night Whispers (Allegiance only)
- Sign of the Moon
- The Forgotten Warrior
- The Last Hope †
- She has been mistakenly called a tom.
- (Warrior of the Week #1)
- (Indirect mention only)
- (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references
|Dark Forest cats|
|Leaders||Tigerstar • Hawkfrost • Mapleshade • Thistleclaw • Maggottail • Brokenstar|
|Members||Antpelt • Darkstripe • Houndleap • Silverhawk • Snowtuft • Shredtail • Sparrowfeather • Redwillow • Rushtooth|
|Trainees||Crookedstar • Thistleclaw • Bramblestar • Hawkfrost • Lionblaze • Ivypool • Mousewhisker • Birchfall • Blossomfall • Thornclaw • Tigerstar • Antpelt • Ratscar • Applefur • Redwillow • Sunstrike • Harestar • Breezepelt • Minnowtail • Icewing • Beetlewhisker • Hollowflight • Furzepelt • Larkwing • Whiskernose|