|"StarClan? Do you think they are really watching over us? If they cared about us at all, they would never have let the rats come."|
|— Swallowflight to Spiderstar in SkyClan's Destiny, page 4|
In SkyClan's Destiny, he is an ancient SkyClan warrior under Spiderstar's leadership in the gorge. He is part of the SkyClan battle patrol against the rats. He appears to be nervous when the patrol returns to camp. He points out that the battle was lost before it began, much to the disapproval of Honeyleaf, the SkyClan deputy. He agrees that the patrol had to leave Sunpelt and Fallensnow's bodies behind, but he turns away, as though he regrets it. Frostclaw attempts to comfort him. Swallowflight does not believe that StarClan is watching over SkyClan anymore, and is angry with Frostclaw and another warrior, Rowanfur, when they admit that they have been sneaking food from the Twolegs. He decides to survive as a rogue farther up in the gorge along with Honeyleaf and some other warriors.
He appears to Leafstar and Skywatcher, furious at the new SkyClan. He says the Twolegplace cats cannot be trusted, and SkyClan isn't a true Clan, filled with kittypets who will only stay in the gorge during the day. Skywatcher attacks him, and Leafstar wakes up.
Please do not edit this gallery
- "Oakstep, we have to leave them behind. We were too busy fleeing to save our own pelts to carry our fallen Clanmates."
- —Swallowflight on Sunpelt and Fallensnow's bodies SkyClan's Destiny, page 3
- "I'd rather die than go crawling to Twolegs for food."
- —Swallowflight SkyClan's Destiny, page 6
- "This is not true Clan! How many of them are kittypets, refusing to leave their pampered nests of slop and Twolegs fawning over them? Their leader doesn't even know where half of them are when she's asleep."
- —Swallowflight about SkyClan SkyClan's Destiny, page 402