|"I don't know when the end came for Swiftpaw. I only remember him fighting like all of LionClan. That's how I will always remember him."|
|— Brightheart about Swiftpaw in Secrets of the Clans, page 14|
He is born as Swiftkit to Goldenflower and Patchpelt, along with his sibling, Lynxkit, and is a half brother to Bramblestar, Tawnypelt and Longtail. He is apprenticed to his half-brother, Longtail, becoming Swiftpaw.
When Bluestar refuses to give him, Thornpaw, and Brightpaw their warrior names out of paranoia, Swiftpaw forms a plan with the other apprentices to launch an attack on Snakerocks, to drive out the pack of dogs that were staying there. Only Brightpaw goes with him, but they quickly get overwhelmed by the dogs. Swiftpaw loses his life, and Brightpaw gets half her face mauled off. Swiftpaw joins the ranks of StarClan, and is one of the cats to give Firestar his nine lives.
In The Prophecies Begin arc
- Swiftkit is apprenticed to Longtail, and receives his new name, Swiftpaw. He is shown to be very nervous and shaky as he approaches his new mentor. To Fireheart's annoyance, Longtail treats Swiftpaw much better than he treated him when he first joined the Clan.
- Swiftpaw is shown to have gradually adopted Longtail's personality when he jeers along with his mentor when Cloudkit is brought to ThunderClan.
- During a Gathering it is thought by Fireheart that Swiftpaw told some ShadowClan apprentices that ThunderClan was keeping Brokentail within their Clan, thus causing a war among WindClan, ShadowClan, and ThunderClan, because the other Clans were angry that ThunderClan would protect a cat who had done such evil things.
- When Fireheart struggles to organize patrols in his new position as deputy, he suggests that Longtail leads the sunhigh patrol, but Runningwind replies with exasperation that Longtail was out training with Swiftpaw. However, Whitestorm helps Fireheart sort out the patrols and suggests that when Longtail and Swiftpaw return they can go on the evening patrol with him instead.
- He is seen briefly chatting with the other apprentices before Brindleface's kits are set to be apprenticed. After the forest fire that ravages ThunderClan's camp, he replaces Mousefur on guard duty, and helps out with the rebuilding of the camp.
- Swiftpaw goes out on patrol with Bluestar, Fireheart, Cloudpaw, and his mentor, Longtail. They find a RiverClan patrol, led by Leopardstar, invading Sunningrocks, and Fireheart orders him to go back to camp and bring reinforcements.
- After the battle, Longtail blames Fireheart for his apprentice not being made into a warrior, because when he was sent back to camp to fetch more warriors, what he called an "apprentice task", he did not get a chance to participate in the fight very much. This lost Swiftpaw the opportunity to show off his battle skills in front of Bluestar.
- He is ready to become a warrior, but Bluestar is thoroughly convinced that every cat in her Clan is a traitor, especially Tigerstar's old allies, Darkstripe and Longtail, with the exception of Fireheart. She refuses to let Swiftpaw become a warrior because of who his mentor is, even after persuasion from Fireheart. She agrees to make Cloudpaw a warrior, partly because of his disbelief in StarClan, even though Swiftpaw had trained for longer than him. Cloudpaw becomes a warrior, Cloudtail, leaving Swiftpaw, Thornpaw, and Brightpaw as apprentices.
- Swiftpaw is furious, and his anger compels him to prove himself to Bluestar. Swiftpaw convinces the apprentices that if they do something really brave, Bluestar will have to make them warriors. He plans to attack Snakerocks and drive out whatever was killing their prey and living there. Only Brightpaw goes with him to the Snakerocks. They are then met by a pack of vicious dogs, much larger than they had expected. Swiftpaw is killed in the attack and Brightpaw is viciously scarred. Brightpaw clings to one of the dogs as it joins its pack mates in dragging Swiftpaw out of the tree. He is pulled to the ground, where Swiftpaw is brutally killed by the dogs. His body, along with Brightpaw, is later found and brought back to camp by Fireheart and his patrol.
- During Firestar's leadership ceremony, Swiftpaw appears as a member of StarClan to give Firestar a life. Firestar apologizes to Swiftpaw for not trying harder to convince Bluestar to make him a warrior, but Swiftpaw isn't angry anymore and is more forgiving. He gives Firestar his sixth life, with the gift of mentoring, so he can pass on his knowledge and skills to all the young cats of ThunderClan. When Firestar is given the life, he feels a pang of sheer terror, pain, and a flash of red. He thinks that was what Swiftpaw experienced at the end of his life.
- At his former denmate, Thornpaw's, warrior ceremony, Firestar mentions Swiftpaw and how he died in honor fighting the dog pack. His former mentor Longtail is seen sitting among the ThunderClan cats with pride and grief on his face at the honorable mention of his apprentice.
In the Power of Three arc
- Swiftpaw is mentioned when Whitetail says that Breezepaw had gone out with other apprentices to fight dogs without orders and no warriors for backup. This reminds Lionpaw of the story of how Swiftpaw was killed when he and Brightheart were attacked by the dog pack back in the old forest.
In the Omen of the Stars arc
- Swiftpaw is seen briefly at Firestar's death along with the rest of the cats that gave him his nine lives. Jayfeather notes that he gave Firestar the life of mentoring, to which Brambleclaw comments that Firestar was the best mentor he could have hoped for. Swiftpaw apologizes for being very rude to him when he first came to the Clan.
In the Super Editions
- In the manga at the end of the book, Swiftpaw and Brightpaw are seen being told by Fireheart that they have to check the elders for ticks.
In the Novellas
- Redtail spots him playing with his littermate and Frostfur's kits near the nursery as their mothers watch them protectively.
In the Field Guides
- Brightheart tells the story of when she and Swiftpaw tried to take on the dog pack by themselves. Brightheart says that he was killed at Snakerocks when she and Swiftpaw were trying to prove themselves so that they could become warriors. They were trying to find out who or what was stealing ThunderClan's prey at Snakerocks.
- Brightpaw tried to stop Swiftpaw, scenting danger, but he didn't listen, and got them into a fight with a dog four times their size. Six more dogs emerged, and Swiftpaw died fighting, while Brightpaw lost an eye and an ear, but recovered from her severe injuries under Cinderpelt's care. As the story ends, Brightpaw says she will always remember him "fighting like all of LionClan," despite the fact they were impossibly outnumbered.
- He is also briefly mentioned in the elders section, when Goldenflower talks about Rosetail protecting her in the nursery during the attack from ShadowClan when she was still nursing Swiftpaw.
- On her Facebook page, Vicky does believe that Patchpelt may be Swiftpaw's father.
- Swiftpaw's father is not Tigerstar.
- The new Warriors website family tree reveals that his father is indeed Patchpelt. 
- On the HarperCollins Warriors website, Swiftpaw is listed as the kit of Willowpelt and Patchpelt and is also called a she-cat, when in fact he is the kit of Goldenflower.
- He was shown as a solid-colored cat in the manga in Yellowfang's Secret.
Please do not edit this gallery
Please do not edit this gallery
- Speckletail: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Swiftbreeze: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Lionheart: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Snowkit: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Redtail: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Mistlekit: Status unknown
- Leopardfoot Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Spottedleaf Deceased, no residence
- Willowpelt: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Harepounce: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Flashnose: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Tigerstar: Living (As of Lost Stars)
- Flametail: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Alderheart: Living (As of Lost Stars)
- Juniperkit: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Dawnpelt: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Sparkpelt: Living (As of Lost Stars)
- Dandelionkit: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Sleekwhisker: Living (As of River of Fire)
- Pouncestep: Living (As of Lost Stars)
- Lightleap: Living (As of Lost Stars)
- Strikestone: Living (As of Lost Stars)
- Juniperclaw: Deceased, residence unknown
- Shadowpaw: Living (As of Lost Stars)
- Cinderpelt: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Brackenfur:Living (As of Lost Stars)
- Thornclaw: Living (As of Lost Stars)
- Brightheart: Living (As of Lost Stars)
- Runningwind: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Mousefur: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Graystripe: Living (As of Lost Stars)
- Rainwhisker: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Sootfur: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Sorreltail: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Tigerstar: Deceased, no residence
- Mistkit: Deceased, verified StarClan member
- Nightkit: Deceased, verified StarClan member
|Cloudstar ♂||Birdflight ♀|
|Spottedpelt ♀||Gorseclaw ♂|
|See More||Flashnose ♀|
|Harepounce ♀||Stagleap ♂||Swiftbreeze ♀||Adderfang ♂|
|Smallear ♂||Speckletail ♀||One-eye ♀||See More||Leopardfoot ♀|
|Lionheart ♂||Snowkit ♂||Mistlekit ♀||Goldenflower ♀||Patchpelt ♂||Tigerstar ♂||Nightkit ♀||Mistkit ♀||Redtail ♂||Spottedleaf ♀||Willowpelt ♀|
|Brackenfur ♂||See More||Swiftpaw ♂||Lynxkit||Longtail ♂||Bramblestar ♂||Tawnypelt ♀||Tadpole ♂||Mothwing ♀||Hawkfrost ♂||Graystripe ♂||Rainwhisker ♂||Sootfur ♂||Sorreltail ♀|
|See More||Alderheart ♂||Sparkpelt ♀||Dandelionkit ♀||Juniperkit ♂||Dawnpelt ♀||Flametail ♂||Tigerstar ♂||Briarlight ♀||Bumblestripe ♂||Blossomfall ♀||Feathertail ♀||Stormfur ♂||See More|
|Finchpaw ♀||Flamepaw ♂||Juniperclaw ♂||Sleekwhisker ♀||See More||Pouncestep ♀||Shadowpaw ♂||Lightleap ♀||See More||See More|
= Gender Unknown
- "Swiftpaw said we should do something so brave that Bluestar would have to make us warriors too. None of us knew what had been eating the prey around Snakerocks, but Swiftpaw figured if we went out there, we'd find a trail to follow. It made sense, you know?"
- —Brightheart about Swiftpaw Secrets of the Clans, page 12
- A First Time for Nine Lives on the Warriors official website (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Revealed in The Darkest Hour, page 51
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Revealed in Fire and Ice, page 14
- ↑ Revealed in A Dangerous Path, page 216
- ↑ Revealed in A Dangerous Path, page 218
- ↑ Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 116
- ↑ Revealed in Fire and Ice, page 13
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's Facebook page
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Revealed in A Dangerous Path, page 225
- ↑ Revealed in Erin Hunter Chat 4
- ↑ 10.00 10.01 10.02 10.03 10.04 10.05 10.06 10.07 10.08 10.09 10.10 10.11 10.12 10.13 10.14 10.15 10.16 10.17 10.18 10.19 Revealed on the Warriors website family tree
- ↑ Revealed on The Official Website
- ↑ Revealed in the manga at the end of Yellowfang's Secret
- ↑ Revealed in Into the Wild, page 153
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Revealed in Rising Storm, pages 19-20
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 48
- ↑ Revealed in A Dangerous Path, page 44
- ↑ Revealed in Rising Storm, page 16
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 Revealed in Goosefeather's Curse, chapter 8
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's Facebook Page
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 20.2 Revealed in Dark River, pages 20-21
- ↑ 21.0 21.1 21.2 21.3 Revealed in The Apprentice's Quest, chapter 1
- ↑ Revealed in Thunder and Shadow, pages 347-348
- ↑ 23.0 23.1 23.2 Revealed in Tigerheart's Shadow, chapter 18
- ↑ 24.0 24.1 Revealed in Shattered Sky, pages 114-115
- ↑ 25.0 25.1 Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 467
- ↑ 26.0 26.1 26.2 Revealed in Rising Storm, page 120
- ↑ 27.0 27.1 27.2 Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 266
- ↑ 28.0 28.1 28.2 28.3 Revealed in Erin Hunter Chat 4