|"The Tribe and the Clans are like two trees that have grown around each other. Both are strong, and they are intertwined, but each has its own future. Still, the Clan cats will always be welcomed by the Tribe."|
|— Stoneteller to Tawnypelt and Dovewing about the Clans and the Tribe in Tawnypelt's Clan, page 195|
Teller of the Pointed Stones is the current Stoneteller of the Tribe of Rushing Water. He was born as Crag Where Eagles Nest, also known as Crag, to an unnamed she-cat and had a brother, Talon, and a sister, Brook. However, their mother was killed by Sharptooth. Crag was the leader of the cave-guards, and although initially hesitant about the Clan cats, he grew to accept them. After the prior Stoneteller died, Jayfeather chose Crag as his successor. Moons later, Stoneteller aided Shadowkit in his visions when Dovewing and Tawnypelt asked for his assistance. When Graystripe came to the mountains, Stoneteller aided him on his journey, passing the Tribe of Endless Hunting's message to him.
- 1 History
- 1.1 In The New Prophecy arc
- 1.2 In the Power of Three arc
- 1.3 In the Omen of the Stars arc
- 1.4 In The Broken Code arc
- 1.5 In the Super Editions
- 1.6 In the Novellas
- 1.7 In the Field Guides
- 2 Character pixels
- 3 Official art
- 4 Ceremonies
- 5 Family
- 6 Appearances
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Quotes
- 9 External links
- 10 Notes and references
In The New Prophecy arc
- "Crag came down perilously close to the edge of the rock, regaining his balance with the ease of long practice. Stormfur's respect for him increased; the courage and speed with which the cave-guard had attacked the fierce bird matched any skills possessed by the best Clan warriors."
- ―Stormfur's thoughts about Crag Moonrise, page 141
- When they first meet the Clan cats, Crag is initially displeased with the way Brook, a prey-hunter, acts toward the traveling Clan cats, but welcomes them and says they did not wish to fight. He takes them to meet Stoneteller, their Healer, who is the Tribe's equivalent of both a Clan leader and a medicine cat. When Crag, Brook, and the other Tribe cats go on their hunt, the Clan cats join them. Brook explains to Stormfur that the prey-hunters always take cave-guards with them during hunts, for protection. Crowpaw and Feathertail were taken with one group, and Stormfur, Squirrelpaw and Brambleclaw join Brook and Crag, leaving Tawnypelt behind, as she is recovering from a bad rat bite.
- When Brambleclaw and the rest of the traveling cats try to leave the Tribe, Crag stops Stormfur reasoning that Stormfur will be the one to kill Sharptooth, and once that is done, he may then leave. As Stormfur protests, he is interrupted by Stoneteller. After he leaves, Crag and the other cave-guards stand watch near Stormfur, and it's said that Crag has forbidden contact with the Clan cats. The next morning, he escorts the Clan cats, save Stormfur, to the edge of their territory, and convinces them to leave without him.
- Once Brambleclaw and the others make their way back to the Tribe to rescue Stormfur, they attack Crag and the others, who are on guard duty. After escaping, he allows Crag and the others to escort him back to the Tribe, and they proceed to come up with a plan to defeat Sharptooth, which they eventually succeed, but at the expense of Feathertail's life.
- When the Clans are visiting the Tribe during their travel to new territory, Crag is one of the cats to welcome them. He organizes a hunt so there is enough food for both Clan cats and Tribe. Crag shows interest in Leafpaw, and asks if she is to be a prey-hunter or cave guard. Stormfur, noticing Leafpaw's confusing expression, explains that the Tribe divides their duties. She then asks why Crag is coming if he isn't a prey hunter. He jokingly replies that some cat needs to keep an eye on the skies.
- Leafpaw initially shows great disdain at his superior attitude, unhappy with his snarky comments about the Clan ways of hunting. However, when Stoneteller decides to have a gathering of both Clan and Tribe cats, Crag shares prey with Leafpaw. When Crowpaw gains his warrior name, Crowfeather, he is shown to be very curious and asks Leafpaw if that means he became a warrior. She replies yes, and thanks the Tribe cave-guard for sharing prey with her.
In the Power of Three arc
- "But think of what we risk losing. All our traditions, everything that makes us who we are. Instead, we'll spend all our time running around trying to remember which rocks belong to us."
- ―Crag to the Tribe cats Outcast, page 238
- When Brambleclaw tries to form a plan to attack the rogues, Crag stands up and tells him that he is wrong, and tries to say that Brambleclaw is making the Tribe more like a Clan, which they are not. Although Lionpaw agrees with Brambleclaw, Hollypaw does not, and she understands what Crag means. When Hollypaw asks Jaypaw who he agrees with, he replies that it's not their problem.
- When Brambleclaw gathers a patrol together, prompted by Stoneteller, Crag is one of the cats to join him, along with Lionpaw, Crowfeather, his son Breezepaw, Talon, Pebble, Night, and a few of the Tribe to-bes. When the Tribe decides to go talk to the rogue cats to arrange some sort of border treaty, Crag is joined by Brambleclaw, along with multiple other Tribe and Clan cats, save for Squirrelflight, who stayed behind with Jaypaw. Although initially thinking they were going to be successful, Stripes threatens them, saying that some of the cats on that patrol don't belong in the mountains at all.
- After another confrontation with the rogue cats, Stoneteller gives the Tribe cats a choice, to fight or not. They choose to fight, and Crag is one of the cats Brambleclaw asks to help form a plan of attack. After the battle, he praises Lionpaw for his fighting skills, saying he will always be remembered by the Tribe.
In the Omen of the Stars arc
- "The Tribe of Endless Hunting had known that this would happen. They had faith in him to make the right choice—for the second time. The Healer mustn't be too young, he thought; the Tribe needed a cat with experience and courage, who had seen these cats through their darkest times and had faith that they could survive. A cat who would put his Tribe before himself, and work tirelessly to keep them safe."
- ―Jayfeather's thoughts before picking the new Stoneteller Sign of the Moon, page 295
- Crag invites Dovewing and Foxleap on a border patrol, and during the patrol, they are attacked by an eagle. Crag and Swoop, another cave-guard, attempt to fend the bird off, which is successful. A bit later on in the patrol, Dovewing accidentally falls off a narrow cleft, and Crag assures her that they will get her out. She is eventually helped by Splash, anchored by Crag and Stormfur, who says she is the smallest of the cats. After getting her out, the patrol continues, and Crag asks Gray to renew the scent markers. Swoop explains that they only patrol certain areas, when Dovewing asks Crag how they manage to check the entire border.
- When Foxleap says they need to help the rogue cats, Crag seems hesitant at first, not wanting to get involved. Although he eventually changes his mind, due to Swoop agreeing. When they arrive to help the cats, Crag sends Splash with Swoop, and he goes another direction, while telling Dovewing and Foxleap to stay out of the way. They proceed to attack the bird, who almost carries off Flora, one of the rogues. Foxleap, annoyed that he isn't able to help, ends up disobeying Crag's orders, and goes to attack the bird. Swoop has to save Foxleap, but gets carried off by the bird.
- When the old Stoneteller passes, Jayfeather is appointed to choose the new one. He chooses Crag, and he shows astonishment at being chosen for such a rank. He says that he was not expecting to be chosen, but he is honored and will serve for the rest of his days. After the warm welcome from his fellow Tribemates, both he and Jayfeather are left alone on the clifftop. As they gaze out into the mountains, Stoneteller seems saddened at the fact he won't be able to see the sights until the Tribe to-bes finish their training.
In The Broken Code arc
- Coming Soon
In the Super Editions
- After being told that Graystripe is Stormfur's father and Flipclaw is a ThunderClan warrior, he allows the two to stay with the Tribe of Rushing Water for a few days. Flipclaw and Feather of Flying Hawk are trapped in a rockslide. With a group of cats, he rescues Flipclaw. Flipclaw lays unmoving, but Stoneteller is able to save his life, and Graystripe thanks him. Later, Graystripe decides that he has to talk with Stoneteller. The two talk, and then Graystripe asks Stoneteller if the Tribe of Endless Hunting has a message for him. Stoneteller says yes, and delivers their message. This causes Graystripe to go back to the forest territories and the Moonstone.
In the Novellas
- "Shadowkit was sent here for a reason. Even though I don't quite understand either, I think we need to listen to him. We must leave the cave."
- ―Stoneteller to his Tribemates Tawnypelt's Clan, page 174
- Stoneteller explains he's been interpreting signs from the Tribe of Endless Hunting but is unsure of their meaning yet. He announces the three Clan cats are their guests and shares prey with Dovewing. He senses a storm coming and alerts his Tribemates to sleep away from the cave entrance. He asks for Shadowkit to sleep in the Cave of Pointed Stones with him, and agrees for Tawnypelt and Dovewing to join them.
- That night, Shadowkit screams for everyone to evacuate and Stoneteller urges his Tribemates to listen to him and evacuate. Tawnypelt notes the Stoneteller never leaves the cave and realizes how much Stoneteller believes in Shadowkit. Once outside, he asks Shadowkit where next, and the young kit insists they must climb to the riverbank. Stoneteller leads the way and continues to trust in Shadowkit despite his Tribemates' questions. He helps push stones in the riverbank and spots the tree that would destroy their cave. He urges his cats to hurry and to get out of the water.
- Shadowkit passes out after, and Stoneteller remarks a cat with his power needs to rest. When the tree lurches forward, Stoneteller, the only calm cat among them, reassures his Tribemates they weren't in danger due to Shadowkit still asleep. Lightning destroys the tree, saving the Tribe. The next morning, Stoneteller speaks with Shadowkit once more, telling Dovewing it was a secret shared between those who spoke with their ancestors. Afterwards, Stoneteller discovers a way so that Shadowkit's visions are not as painful and is surprised to see that his powers stretch beyond StarClan and the Tribe of Endless Hunting. He remarks the shared histories of both groups, and bids farewell to the Clan cats.
In the Field Guides
- He is mentioned on Teller of the pointed Stones' page. Stoneteller watched gratefully as Jayfeather chose Crag Where Eagles Nest to be the next Teller of the Pointed Stones.
- Crag Where Eagles Nest has his own page. He was the leader of the cave-guards and was particular skilled at protecting prey-hunters from eagle attacks. He was one of the first Tribe cats to meet the journeying cats from meeting Midnight. When Stormfur was made prisoner, he escorted the other Clan cats out of the Tribe territory and regretted not having a friendship between them. Crag fought bravely against the invading group of rogues but when the Clan cats returned to offer help, Crag was reluctant. He was afraid the Tribe would lose everything they stand for if they gave up their traditions to follow the ways of the clans, but he helped establish a border and patrol frequently. When Stoneteller died and Jayfeather named Crag as his successor, Jayfeather knew Crag was an experienced cat and had great courage, loyalty and selflessness, and that was what the Tribe needed. Crag was astonished to be chosen as leader, but he also he honored and promised to serve his Tribe for the rest of his days.
Please do not edit this gallery
Please do not edit this gallery
|Crag Where Eagles Nest's Healer ceremony|
|Reference: Sign of the Moon, pages 295|
- Pine That Clings to Rock: Living (As of Graystripe's Vow)
- Feather of Flying Hawk: Living (As of Graystripe's Vow)
- Lark That Sings at Dawn: Living (As of Graystripe's Vow)
- Breeze That Rustles the Leaves: Living (As of Graystripe's Vow)
= Gender Unknown
- Moonrise (First appearance)
- Sign of the Moon
- Tawnypelt's Clan
- Graystripe's Vow
- The Place of No Stars (Mentioned only)
- The Ultimate Guide
- He is mistakenly shown with green eyes in The Ultimate Guide.
- "Crag you already know. He is the leader of our cave-guards, the cats who protect this place."
- ―Stoneteller formally introducing Crag to Brambleclaw and his patrol Moonrise, page 117
- "Over there. You'll find a sleeping hollow ready for you. It won't be so bad. You'll kill Sharptooth for us—the Tribe of Endless Hunting says so—and then you can leave if you still want to."
- ―Crag to Stormfur Moonrise, page 158
- Crag: "You can't take him with you. His destiny is to stay here and save our Tribe from Sharptooth. We will care for him and honor him."
- Crowpaw: "So that makes it all right, then?"
- Moonrise, page 180
- Crag: "Farewell. I wish we could have met in a happier time. Our Tribes have much to teach other other."
- Squirrelpaw: "There's nothing I want to learn from you."
- Moonrise, page 180
- Crag: "You're an apprentice, right? What are you hoping to be? A prey-hunter or a cave-guard?"
- Stormfur: "The Tribe divides its duties. The cave-guards protect the Tribe; the prey-hunters feed them. Brook is a prey-hunter and Crag is a cave-guard."
- Dawn, pages 310-311
- Brambleclaw: "Yes, Crag. What do you want to say?"
- Crag: "We have know each other a long time, Brambleclaw. I was the first Tribe cat you met when you dragged yourselves out of the pool, all those moons ago. I'm a cave-guard, and I fought in the great battle beside Stormfur. No cat can say that I'm afraid to fight. But I'm telling you now that you're wrong."
- Outcast, pages 237 - 238
- Jayfeather: "Crag Where Eagles Nest, stand forward."
- Crag: "Me?"
- Sign of the Moon, page 295
- "Have faith. The Tribe of Endless Hunting chose Shadowkit to save us. If we weren't safe, he would be awake."
- ―Stoneteller calmly to his cats Tawnypelt's Clan, page 185
- (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Revealed in Moonrise, page 1
- Revealed in Moonrise, page 227
- Revealed in Sign of the Moon, page 295
- Revealed in Tawnypelt's Clan, chapter 6
- Revealed in Outcast, allegiances
- Revealed in Outcast, page 93
- Revealed in Moonrise, page 141
- Revealed in Moonrise, page 231
- Revealed in Sign of the Moon, allegiances
- Revealed in The Ultimate Guide, page 158
|Tribe of Rushing Water (modern) cats|
|Prey-hunters||Brook Where Small Fish Swim • Feather of Flying Hawk|
|Cave-guards||Stormfur • Sheer Path Beside Waterfall • Night of No Stars • Moss that Grows by River • Snow Falling on Stones • Lark That Sings at Dawn • Pine That Clings to Rock • Thorn That Grows in Cleft • Moon Shining on Water|
|To-bes||Breeze That Rustles the Leaves|
|Elders||Bird That Rides the Wind|
|Unknown||Crest of Snowy Mountain|