- Below contains in-depth information for chapter two of The Forgotten Warrior. If you are looking for a shorter summary of the entire book, please check the main article.
- Chapter Number: 2 (of 25)
- Page Numbers: 14-32
- Ivypool goes with Whitewing and Dovewing to a tiny stream outside of the ThunderClan camp. The trip was hard for Ivypool because the night before she took part of some tough training in the Dark Forest with Sunstrike, Redwillow, and Hawkfrost, and that she was still exhausted and hurt from it. Dovewing is also exhausted from going to the mountains with Jayfeather. Whitewing suggests that they stop so her daughters can have a drink and groom themselves, but Dovewing says that they should keep going to a good moss place further on. Whitewing says that they are not close to being fine, and adds that she knows something is troubling them, and that they do not have to tell her, but that she is her mother, and nothing can ever make her love them less.
- Ivypool doesn't say anything, but thinks that she can prove Whitewing wrong, referring to the Dark Forest. While Whitewing helps groom her daughters, Dovewing mentions that she had a bad dream the previous night. It was about what happened at the mountains with Swoop, who got carried away by an eagle, bringing her death. Whitewing tells Dovewing not to worry about it and that eagles never come to the lake. Ivypool thinks that if they did, Dovewing would be able to hear them first. Ivypool and Whitewing get up, but Dovewing remains sitting. Ivypool asks what's wrong, and Dovewing tells her that she still cannot hear properly, saying she can hear what is around her, like Ivypool and Whitewing, but not things further away like she usually could. Ivypool consoles her sister my saying it was just because she heard a lot of things since she went to the mountains, and that it should wear off soon. Dovewing remarks that she feels useless to the Clan, but Ivypool says otherwise. Whitewing cuts off their conversation by saying it's time to go because they had moss to collect and that she wanted to hunt for the elders.
- Ivypool and Dovewing go to an oak tree where there is lots of moss. Ivypool hears rustling in the trees and realizes it is only Jayfeather. Whitewing tells her that she should ask the medicine cat if he needs any help. Ivypool is hesitant, but does it anyway. Whitewing is impatient and flicks her tail. Ivypool asks Jayfeather if he needs any help. The medicine cat answers with a simple "no." Ivypool protests that she has to tag along, or else she would be sent back to him. Jayfeather agrees, but warns her not to guide him at all because he has been making his way through this forest blind before she was even kitted and also adds that he wants to collect marigold at the top of the hollow.