- Below contains in-depth information for chapter three of The Forgotten Warrior. If you are looking for a shorter summary of the entire book, please check the main article.
- Chapter Number: 3 (of 25)
- Page Numbers: 33-43
- The chapter starts off with Dovewing and Whitewing collecting moss for the elders' nests. Whitewing is worried about Dovewing having her bad dreams about Swoop, a Tribe cat, being taken away by an eagle just like what had happened when she had journeyed to the mountains. Dovewing and Whitewing continue talking, going into the subject of how Dovewing went to the mountains by Firestar's command and that she didn't have enough experience, despite freeing the water from the beavers when she was a young apprentice. They eventually drop the subject and Whitewing mentions Bumblestripe. Dovewing begins to feel embarrassed.
- They go back to camp with Dovewing in deep thought about the prophecy. On the way, Mousewhisker jumps out from some ferns and scares Dovewing, making her drop her moss. Mousewhisker asks her if she has moss in her ears, because usually no one can sneak up on her. Dovewing thinks about her special senses, and how she could have heard him. Mousewhisker then invites Dovewing to hunt. Icecloud and Toadstep then come out from the same ferns and Icecloud also asks Dovewing to come with the three of them. Dovewing responds by saying that she should take the moss back, but Whitewing cuts in, saying that she could take back Dovewing's moss instead. Whitewing takes the moss, and Dovewing joins the group.
- Toadstep playfully announces that he can jump higher than any cat. Icecloud retorts that he can't, and she jumps over a fallen tree trunk to prove her skills. Toadstep and Icecloud land on top of each other, and Mousewhisker suggests a race to the dead tree. He gives himself an unfair head start, and leaves the rest of them scrambling after him. Dovewing wins the race, and Icecloud pants that she is a mouse. Once they all catch their breath, Mousewhisker says that they should start hunting those squirrels near ShadowClan's border.
- They see that Twolegs are already setting up their green pelt-dens. Dovewing sees and remembers the bush where she first met Tigerheart. Icecloud catches the scent of a squirrel, and quietly calls over the rest of the hunting group. The squirrel leaps out of the tree that Mousewhisker and Icecloud are climbing, and streaks across the grass. The squirrel eventually runs up a tree. She looks around and doesn't see the rest of the patrol. She hears a familiar voice, and Tigerheart emerges from the bushes. Tigerheart and Dovewing talk about Dawnpelt. Dovewing leaves, and ultimately finds the squirrel, catches it, and sees the rest of the patrol. They congratulate her, and they go back to camp and Dovewing wonders if Dawnpelt wants revenge for a murder that didn't happen.
References and Citations
|The Forgotten Warrior chapters|
|Prologue • Chapter 1 • Chapter 2 • Chapter 3 • Chapter 4 • Chapter 5 • Chapter 6 • Chapter 7 • Chapter 8 • Chapter 9 • Chapter 10 • Chapter 11 • Chapter 12 • Chapter 13 • Chapter 14 • Chapter 15 • Chapter 16 • Chapter 17 • Chapter 18 • Chapter 19 • Chapter 20 • Chapter 21 • Chapter 22 • Chapter 23 • Chapter 24 • Chapter 25|