- Below contains in-depth information for the prologue of The Forgotten Warrior. If you are looking for a shorter summary of the entire book, please check the main article.
- Chapter Number: Prologue (of 25)
- Page Numbers: 1-4
Unidentified cat's PoV
- An unidentified cat is traveling to the woods. Before the cat could reach the woods, they heard a hiss from a gray tom that is from a nearby farm, saying that the territory the traveling cat was on was his, and that he or she should keep looking for somewhere to rest. The traveling cat questioned the tom, asking if he lived in the hedge they were next to. The tom said that he lived in the farm close by and that he dislikes strangers. The traveler states that they are just passing through and are no threat to the farm cat's prey. The tom snorts and asks if the traveler is one of the cats from the lake, but the traveler just asks them why they ask. The tom tells them that he has seen them near his territory before, and that he has heard them talking about mountains, and assumes that they are looking for food there. The traveler scornfully remarks that they might have other things to do than look for food in the mountains. The farm cat continues to talk about what he has heard the cats from the lake talk about, like their ancestors who look down on them. He also says that he doesn't care what they get up to, as long as he is out of trouble with them. The traveling cat interrupts the tom as he is about to finish saying, that he was he was right and they should not steal his prey.
- With that, the traveling cat starts to walk away, only to be followed by the farm cat, who says that the traveling cat is one of the cats from the lake, and that he has seen them before. The traveling cat says that maybe they were, but a long time ago, and the other cat continues to question, asking if the traveling cat got lost. Faintly amused, the cat says they knew where they were the whole time. The traveler continued walking, while the farm cat disappeared in the hedge, back to his farm.
- The traveler continued into the woods and peered around, hoping to find a good spot for a temporary nest. They spotted a mouse, and got into the hunter's crouch, and pounced at it, killing it instantly. With dusk near, the cat kept walking up the hill, wondering if the cats that they remember will still be there. With the day almost gone, the cat settles at the crest of a hill, taking a deep breath, and thinking about vengeance.
- Unidentified Cat
- Barn Cat
References and citations
|The Forgotten Warrior chapters|
|Prologue • Chapter 1 • Chapter 2 • Chapter 3 • Chapter 4 • Chapter 5 • Chapter 6 • Chapter 7 • Chapter 8 • Chapter 9 • Chapter 10 • Chapter 11 • Chapter 12 • Chapter 13 • Chapter 14 • Chapter 15 • Chapter 16 • Chapter 17 • Chapter 18 • Chapter 19 • Chapter 20 • Chapter 21 • Chapter 22 • Chapter 23 • Chapter 24 • Chapter 25|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.