- Below contains in-depth information for chapter eleven of The Sun Trail. If you are looking for a shorter summary of the entire book, please check the main article.
- Chapter Number: 11 (of 26)
- Page Numbers: 155-169
- Moon Shadow, Quick Water, and Shattered Ice agree that the barn would be a good new home for the group. Falling Feather remarks that the dried grass would be good for making nests. Gray Wing is apprehensive, thinking that finding their new home would feel more right. Turtle Tail tells him it will take a while to adjust to a new way of living. The cats burrow in the dry grass and fall asleep for the night.
- Gray Wing awakens to an unfamiliar noise. He looks outside of the barn and sees a flock of sheep approaching, so he wakes up the other cats and tells them to run. Rainswept Flower leads them out of a small opening in a wall of the barn. Hawk Swoop gets trampled by one of the sheep and injures her leg. Dappled Pelt asks Jackdaw’s Cry and Falling Feather to look for herbs to treat Hawk Swoop’s injury. Cloud Spots examines her leg and concludes the joint has come out of the shoulder. He pushes it back into place. Jackdaw’s Cry and Falling Feather return with herbs and give them to Hawk Swoop. The cats decide to take shelter among the long grass for the night.
- The cats continue their journey through the rain as prey becomes more and more scarce. They encounter a brown-and-grey tabby who tells them about a group of fierce cats that live on the other side of the Highstones. Shaded Moss worries they are hostile. Dappled Pelt catches a fish from a nearby stream. Falling Feather tries to as well, but is unable. Suddenly, three dogs come crashing through the undergrowth. The cats flee to the other side of the bushes. Shaded Moss attempts to cross a Thunderpath, but ends up getting hit by a monster and killed.
Notes and references
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.