|"Everywhere the cats have been, there are layers upon layers of history - some known, some long-forgotten, and some discovered in the most unexpected ways - laid down by the paw steps of many generations. What shaped the lives of these proud and noble warriors? Come, walk among them for a while, and listen to their stories..."|
|— Narrator introducing in The Ultimate Guide, page 1|
Dedicated to the following Clanmates who have proved themselves to be the ULTIMATE Warriors Fans: Cameron Dresdner, Kelly Freer, Dailey Jackson, Ellie Lang-Ree, Cassidy Stoler, Danielle Truxhall, Audra Young.
Step inside the Warriors world with the ultimate guide to the cats and Clans.
- Profiles on more than seventy-five of the most important warrior cats.
- An insider look at each of the Clans.
- Never-before-seen stories about how Bramblestar and Tigerstar received their nine lives.
- Following the format of Cats of the Clans, this book features most of the cats mentioned there, alongside many new ones. All of them feature updated biographies, and some of them have even undergone changes in their artwork.
- The book tells a story of each Clan and various cats from those Clans. It describes major events in the cats' lives as well as why the cat is special and the reasons behind the events. It doesn't give a bias, but makes suggestions as to different destinies to some characters if an event had not happened.
Format and content
- Most of the book is of the narrator telling the stories in first-person view, however Bramblestar's Nine Lives: The Return of the Heroes and Tigerstar's Nine Lives: StarClan Makes Its Choice is narrated by the leaders receiving the nine lives. The Introduction is one page long, and each Clan introduction is two pages long. This is followed by two or three pages on a cat (or group of cats) that first features a full-color illustration then a descriptive text for the remainder.
The Clans and the cats described in the book are as follows:
- Tribe of Rushing Water:
- The Early Settlers:
- Animals Outside the Clans:
The book also contains six maps - Forest illustration, Forest diagram, Lake illustration, Lake diagram, Gorge illustration, Gorge diagram - two stories on Tigerstar's and Bramblestar's Leader ceremonies and an excerpt from The Sun Trail.
- Vicky has stated on her Facebook that this book follows the "template" of Cats of the Clans, but contains updated summaries and histories for the characters mentioned, and also features new characters not shown in the previous book. Vicky has also said that this book is not a repackaged version of previous field guides, and contains all new material, save for some reused artwork.
- The Ultimate Guide (EN), HarperCollins (hardcover), 5 November 2013
- The Ultimate Guide (EN), HarperCollins (e-book) 5 November 2013
- Память племён (RU), OLMA Media Group (hardcover), 9 July 2015
Notes and references
|The Ultimate Guide chapters|
|Introduction • Bluestar Speaks • ThunderClan • The Return of Heroes • Blackstar Speaks • ShadowClan • StarClan Makes Its Choice • Tallstar Speaks • WindClan • Crookedstar Speaks • RiverClan • Cloudstar Speaks • SkyClan • Stoneteller Speaks • Tribe of Rushing Water • Half Moon Speaks • The Early Settlers • Rock Speaks • Animals Outside the Clans|