|"Can't you sit still?"|
|— Jayfeather to Alderpaw in Thunder and Shadow page, 178|
- Below contains in-depth information for chapter eleven of Thunder and Shadow. If you are looking for a shorter summary of the entire book, please check the main article.
- Chapter Number: 11 (of 24)
- Page Numbers: 178-187
- Alderpaw and his mentor, Jayfeather, are at a Gathering. As Alderpaw fidgets beside Jayfeather, the blind gray tom hisses for Alderpaw to sit still. Bramblestar is padding between everyone, greeting old allies. Onestar is already sitting on the great oak, watching the Clans, as Mistystar talks with the deputies. Alderpaw sees Mistystar purr as his mother, Squirrelflight, nods towards a group of apprentices, who are showing off battle moves to each other. Alderpaw wishes he were with them, sharing Clan gossip. He wonders if he has to sit here, and be solemn and serious like Kestrelflight, Mothwing, and Willowshine, just because he was a medicine cat apprentice. He thinks that if he has to be an apprentice for any longer, he wonders if he can have any fun. He glances at his sister, Sparkpelt. He notes that it is her first Gathering as a warrior.
- She sits beside Cherryfall, her chest puffed out with pride. Her green eyes sparkle as she gazes at other cats. Their father, Bramblestar, pads over to her side, and touches his muzzle fondly to her head. Alderpaw ignores the prickle of envy in his paws, knowing that he is proud of Sparkpelt too. He tastes the air for ShadowClan's scent. He notes that they're late. He wonders, eagerly if Needlepaw will come. Alderpaw also hopes that she wasn't still in trouble for letting Violetkit leaving camp. He adds to himself that maybe if he couldn't ask Needlepaw, he could ask Sleekpaw. Alderpaw stiffens as Mintfur, a RiverClan warrior jerks his gaze towards the edge of the clearing.
- Alderpaw notes that the ShadowClan cats look battle-worn. Rowanstar has a cut above his eye, Crowfrost's pelt shows signs of scratches, and Wasptail is limping. He realizes that Needlepaw nor Sleekpaw are there. He thinks that maybe Strikepaw or Yarrowpaw can tell him. Alderpaw then catches sight of Leafpool. He bounds over to her, as he realizes that he can ask her. As he gets nearer to her, he realizes that her eyes are dark with worry. Puddlepaw pads behind her, tail down. Alderpaw asks them if something happened. Leafpool lowers her gaze, and pads past him, as she says that Rowanstar will share the news.
- Anxiety flashes through him, as he asks if Violetkit is okay. Leafpool replies that she looked fine the last time she had seen her, as she sits by Mothwing, and then looks away. Alderpaw stares at her confused, as she asks her what she means.
- More Coming Soon
- Coming Soon
- Coming Soon
- Coming Soon
Notes and references
|Thunder and Shadow chapters|
|Prologue • Chapter 1 • Chapter 2 • Chapter 3 • Chapter 4 • Chapter 5 • Chapter 6 • Chapter 7 • Chapter 8 • Chapter 9 • Chapter 10 • Chapter 11 • Chapter 12 • Chapter 13 • Chapter 14 • Chapter 15 • Chapter 16 • Chapter 17 • Chapter 18 • Chapter 19 • Chapter 20 • Chapter 21 • Chapter 22 • Chapter 23 • Chapter 24 • Bonus Scene|