A Thunderpath is the Clan term for roads, streets, and highways. They have an extremely acrid smell and a hard, gray surface; monsters use it to travel on. It is dangerous to the cats, as they are sometimes injured or killed by the monsters when they wander or cross on it.
- Thunderpaths are oily and black paths that monsters usually are on. They are usually hard, gray, and smell acrid or tangy. Its surface is sticky and usually hot.  Many cats injure themselves or get killed by the monsters on it, and it is feared by most cats. In the Forest Territories, cats had to cross the Thunderpath in order to get to the Moonstone. ShadowClan cats used a tunnel underneath to get to every Gathering and to attack other clans. The sour tang of Thunderpaths are usually associated with Twolegplace, as they lead between the Twoleg nests. Animals also get killed on the Thunderpath, (e.g. rabbits) and cats make references to them ("flat as a Thunderpath rabbit"). There are some Thunderpaths that are busier than others, such as the well-known Windover Road.
In the forest
- A Thunderpath called "Windover Road" by Twolegs separates ThunderClan and ShadowClan grounds, making up the border between them. It is heavily featured in The Prophecies Begin, many cats getting injured or killed on it (i.e. Snowfur, Whitethroat, and Cinderpelt). It was later enlarged into a highway, the construction works ultimately destroying the Clans' homes. Though the preparations are seen in the first three books of The New Prophecy, the finished highway is only seen by Graystripe in Warrior's Refuge and by Jaypaw in Eclipse. It is described as being wide as the lake.
- Another Thunderpath is "North Allerton Road," west from ShadowClan grounds, separating it from Highstones. It was also enlarged in a freeway and extended, as seen by Graystripe.
- West of the territories, there is a tangle of Thunderpaths, which is an intersection of highways. This was where WindClan retreated after being driven out by ShadowClan. It is also where ThunderClan warriors Fireheart and Graystripe went to retrieve WindClan and bring them back to the forest.
By the lake
- Four Thunderpaths are located by the lake. These include the Small Thunderpath (Littlepine Road), Thunderpath (Harehill Road), Whitchurch Road (unnamed by the Clans), and the old Thunderpath (Quarry Road). The latter was used by trucks carrying stone from the mine that is now ThunderClan's camp.
In the Super Editions
- Moth Flight follows a moth onto the Thunderpath, and tries to reach out for the moth. However, seeing a monster on the road and about to hit Moth Flight, Gorse Fur, her father, slams into her to get her out of the way of the monster's impact. Wind Runner is furious with Moth Flight for endangering both their lives, and this causes Moth Flight to leave WindClan temporarily. She then hears a monster on a Thunderpath upon her departure.
- When Moth Flight returns to WindClan to announce the establishment of medicine cats, they cross a Thunderpath and a monster nearly crashes into Moth Flight.
- Towards the end of the book, Moth Flight helps Wind Runner go past a Thunderpath in order to get to Highstones. Wind Runner barely gets across.
- When Tallpaw is exploring the territory with his denmates and their mentors, he hears a faint roar and sees the Thunderpath for the first time, and Dawnstripe tells him he’ll learn how to cross it when he goes to Highstones. When he goes to Outlook Rock for the first time, Tallpaw sees the Thunderpath. He watches the older apprentices see things also near the Thunderpath, such as Twolegs and dogs. Later, Tallpaw is on a border patrol and races Stagleap and Ryestalk to the Thunderpath, and Dawnstripe scolds him for getting too close to it. They then mark the border.
- Tallpaw and Shrewpaw are listening at Outlook Rock, and Tallpaw hears monsters going across the Thunderpath. As he patrols the border, Tallpaw notices ShadowClan's border scents on the Thunderpath. He decides it is not worth mentioning, but the patrol members realize ShadowClan has crossed the Thunderpath and is attacking the WindClan camp. Later, the greenleaf visitors leave the WindClan camp and near the Thunderpath in the distance. Dawnstripe explains to Tallpaw that the most dangerous part going to the Moonstone is the Thunderpath. They reach it as the black-and-white apprentice watches monsters move by.
- Dawnstripe and Hareflight explain to their apprentices to wait for a gap before crossing the Thunderpath. However, Shrewpaw doesn't listen and bolts across the black stone, Hareflight following after the brown tom. Dawnstripe and Tallpaw relax when both mentor and apprentice appear on the other side of the Thunderpath. Tallpaw and Dawnstripe wait for a gap in the Thunderpath to cross. A gap appears, and the two make it across safely. On the return trip the cats cross without problem.
- When Palebird delivers her first kit, Talltail remarks that Woollytail looks like he was dropped on the Thunderpath. After Talltail decides to leave WindClan to follow his destiny, he says goodbye to Barkface at the Thunderpath. He waits for a gap before crossing the acrid black stone safely. He tastes the air, but finds only sharp Thunderpath scent. He notes that the Twoleg dens are between the Thunderpath and Highstones. A little later, he reaches another Thunderpath that cuts into ShadowClan territory.
- After he crosses, Talltail hides in the grass. He treks on and runs into a small Thunderpath, and follows it. Hail begins to pound the Thunderpath, making the tom run into a copse of pine trees. When ShadowClan warriors attempt to find Talltail, they decide to check the Thunderpath, and leave. This allows Talltail to escape and continue on his quest to find Sparrow. He dives into some bushes next to the Thunderpath. After eating a mouse in Twolegplace, a dog chases him and he runs across a Thunderpath.
- After leaving the Twoleg den with Jake, they find a Thunderpath. Talltail describes the Thunderpath, and Jake explains the silver trunks are Thunderpath lights. They then veer away from the Thunderpath. Talltail sees rising stone and notes its similarity with the Thunderpath. He sees more Thunderpath lights traveling with Jake. They later leave the Twolegplace and enter a field near a Thunderpath. Later, Talltail hears a noise that sounds like a Thunderpath, but Jake explains it's a grass-cutter. However, the scent of the black stone grows stronger as Jake realizes the noise is not a grass-cutter.
- After they reach the rogues, Talltail, Jake, and Reena go hunting in the field with Thunderpath stench. After Reena stops Talltail from running off a cliff, the black-and-white tom looks down and finds a huge Thunderpath. He then realizes he can use the cliff to kill Sparrow, imagining him falling onto the black stone, being squashed by a monster. Talltail finds Sparrow, and the rogue explains there is prey near the Thunderpath. Talltail hopes to convince Sparrow to take him there.
- Jake hears about his friend's plan to push Sparrow onto the Thunderpath, and tries to convince Talltail it isn't worth it. The next morning, Talltail goes hunting with Sparrow, and tells him to hunt near the Thunderpath, as crows would be there as easy prey. However, emotion overcomes him, but he suddenly realizes Sparrow is slipping off the cliff edge, about to plunge onto the Thunderpath below. Talltail notices there is nowhere for Sparrow to hide from the Thunderpath. He falls down and both toms run alongside the black stone. They find a channel next to the Thunderpath where they can hide.
- Later, when Talltail and Jake are returning to the Clans, they scent the Thunderpath bordering ThunderClan and ShadowClan. Despite the danger of the roaring stone, they trek alongside it. A while after Talltail returns to WindClan, he hunts near the Thunderpath border. He notices stems are covered in blood, and realizes ShadowClan is stealing prey. He informs Aspenfall, Dawnstripe, and Plumclaw that ShadowClan is using the Thunderpath tunnel to steal prey. The latter Clan suddenly appear, and Talltail notices Plumclaw is being pushed near the Thunderpath.
- On Yellowpaw's tour around ShadowClan territory, she and Deerleap approach the Thunderpath. Yellowpaw, not knowing what the Thunderpath is, reaches out a paw to touch it, causing Deerleap to immediately flick her tail in front of Yellowpaw and order her to keep back. At the same moment, a roaring sound is audible. The shape of a monster appears and roars past them in a few heartbeats. When Yellowpaw mews in relief that the monster had not seen them, Deerleap tells her that they keep to the Thunderpath, and do not bother cats for the most parts. She adds that cats had died trying to cross, and warns Yellowpaw not to think about trying to. Yellowpaw recalls that Brackenfoot had told her about them in the nursery, but she had thought they were a kit's tale. Deerleap tells her that the tales about them were true, but she is unable to explain why Twolegs travel in them.
- The monster's scent dies away, and Yellowpaw and Deerleap continue their tour. They stick close by the Thunderpath as Yellowpaw watches the monsters go by. Later, Deerleap assigns Foxpaw and Yellowpaw to check out the Thunderpath border. They scent pigeon and WindClan intruders. Foxpaw doesn't believe the dark gray apprentice at first, but Yellowpaw points to the tracks near the Thunderpath. They tell their mentors and Brightflower pelts toward the Thunderpath.
- Yellowpaw goes under the tunnel and looks at the monsters on the Thunderpath. When they meet Reedfeather, the WindClan deputy, Stonetooth questions him about the pigeon feathers on the Thunderpath. Later, at the Carrionplace, Archeye shows Yellowpaw a monster, and she compares it to the monsters on the Thunderpath. Deerleap takes Yellowpaw to the Moonstone, trailing next to the Thunderpath. The apprentice notes WindClan scent is wafting over the black stone.
- They reach a smaller Thunderpath, making Yellowpaw ask Deerleap if they have to cross it. Her mentor confirms they have to cross, and explains to her how she can sense if the Thunderpath is safe to cross. Yellowpaw watches the black stone intently, and declares it it safe. Deerleap and Yellowpaw then cross the Thunderpath. The apprentice is relieved to be leaving the Thunderpath. Later, Yellowfang remembers the border patrol leaving the Thunderpath to patrol Twolegplace.
- Later, Yellowfang nears the Thunderpath while on a border patrol with Crowtail, Hollyflower, and Newtspeck. They investigate the tunnel and find nothing, and continue walking beside the black stone. Archeye mentions the Thunderpath when Yellowfang is about to join his patrol with Wolfstep and Amberleaf. They reach the tunnel and pick up WindClan scent on the ShadowClan side of the Thunderpath. Before they reach the edge of the black stone, they find a WindClan patrol surveying ShadowClan land.
- The patrols fight, and WindClan leaves, walking beside the Thunderpath. Later, after Yellowfang becomes a medicine cat apprentice, she follows her Clan beside the Thunderpath, traveling to the Gathering. After Runningpaw becomes Yellowfang's apprentice, she tells him that they'll see the Thunderpath. They reach the Thunderpath, and Runningpaw notes Mudclaw told him about the black stone as monsters travel ahead. Yellowfang tells the gray-and-white tom he will be safe once he knows how to cross it.
- She shows him the tunnel, and points into the direction of WindClan territory over the Thunderpath. At the Gathering, Brokenpaw attacks WindClan apprentices, thinking they stole prey from under the Thunderpath. However, Cedarstar quickly breaks up the fighting and apologizes to Heatherstar. Many moons later, Brokentail brings a rabbit into the camp, claiming WindClan killed it through the tunnel. Yellowfang is suspicious, wondering if her forbidden son caught the rabbit after it strayed over the Thunderpath.
- Yellowfang decides to follow the patrol to the Thunderpath. At first she can't find any ShadowClan cats, but sees the patrol going under the Thunderpath tunnel. The patrol ends up in a bloody battle, and Cloudpelt is badly wounded. The ShadowClan cats flee through the tunnel. After Raggedstar is found dead by the tunnel, Yellowfang takes Brokentail past the Thunderpath to the Moonstone to receive his nine lives. Later, Yellowfang notes that Brokenstar had sent patrols beyond the Thunderpath just because ThunderClan was slightly over the border.
- Deerfoot suggests at a Clan meeting to put a permanent patrol by the Thunderpath. A little later, Yellowfang listens to the battle between ShadowClan and WindClan at the Thunderpath.
- As Crookedkit runs away from RiverClan camp to go see the Moonstone, he ends up on WindClan territory, where a patrol spots him. He races away, terrified, and finds himself on a Thunderpath where a monster rages towards him. The patrol is gone, and Crookedkit steps off the Thunderpath to let the monster pass. When the monster leaves, he sees that it had killed a rabbit on the Thunderpath, and Crookedkit passes shakily to get to the other side, wondering if he should drag the rabbit with him. He decides not to, and continues on his journey.
- When at the farm, Fleck teaches Crookedkit how to stay away from the monsters that don't stick to the Thunderpaths but storm over the grass and mud. On his way back, Crookedkit crosses the same Thunderpath without getting caught.
- Crookedjaw finds out in Dark Forest that Snowfur died on the Thunderpath, and when he is back in RiverClan, he blurts out that Snowfur had died on the Thunderpath not so long ago. Oakheart feels sorry for Bluefur, and Crookedjaw says that he agrees, but they do not have to worry, as there are no Thunderpaths on RiverClan territory.
- When traveling to the Moonstone with Pinestar, Bluefur sees a Thunderpath bordering between ThunderClan and ShadowClan, even able to taste the acid tang. They reach the Thunderpath, and the roar of monsters driving by makes Bluefur's belly turn, and the foul hot wind from the monsters buffets her fur. Pinestar orders her to stay behind, and another monster comes. Bluefur, terrified, jumps back. Soon, Pinestar orders them to cross, and the two race across, Bluefur's paws slipping. A monster hurtles towards them, and they race with terror, crossing it and landing on the other side.
- Later, three ShadowClan warriors chase a squirrel across the Thunderpath. Bluefur and Snowfur jump out, attacking them for stealing prey. The three cats try to fight, but once they are defeated, pelt in terror over the Thunderpath. Snowfur chases after them, when a monster slams into her body, killing her. The three ShadowClan warriors peer from their side, gaping in horror. Snowfur's death causes Thistleclaw to get mad at Bluefur, as he thinks she should have never taken a nursing queen to the Thunderpath.
- At a Gathering, Blackstar says that they have seen more Twolegs in their territory, and that sometimes they even let their monsters leave the Thunderpaths and crash through the woods. Mistyfoot asks if they are chasing his cats, and Blackstar replies that they did not even know they were there, and that they would not be a problem as long as everyone stayed away from them. Tallstar mutters to Firestar that they had to be frightening the prey, and that he definitely would not want any on his territory.
- After Thornclaw and Ashfur return from chasing away the badger that killed Willowpelt, Thornclaw tells Firestar that it went off in the direction of the Thunderpath, and he remarks that he hoped a monster killed it. When they return to camp Firestar tells Cloudtail that the badger headed for the Thunderpath, and tells him to take a patrol and follow it, but not to attack it. Later, he explains to the entire Clan what happened, and that the badger had run off towards the Thunderpath. He also mentions sending Cloudtail's patrol to find it.
- On the third day of Firestar and Sandstorm's journey, Firestar catches the scent of a Thunderpath on the wind. Sandstorm says they'll have to cross it and that it was possible there would not be many monsters on it at the moment. When they round a bend they see the Thunderpath, which goes over a river. Sandstorm says that since it goes over the river they would be safe underneath. Firestar gets an uneasy feeling as they approach the Thunderpath, and they both freeze as a monster picks them out in its glare and then rushes on. They run under the Thunderpath, and when another monster passes over them they flee until they can no longer hear the sounds of monsters.
- Firestar and Sandstorm skirt along a large Twoleg nest that is swarming with Twolegs, and in the space Firestar expects to find a garden, but they find a large black area made with the same stuff as the Thunderpath with several monsters on it. As they watch, one of the monsters breaks into a roar and starts onto a small Thunderpath. Sandstorm and Firestar creep to the edge of the Thunderpath and watch as another monster passes them and turns onto the black area. When the Thunderpath is quiet, they make a run across it, and at the same time a monster springs to life. They watch from the bushes as the monster stops and then continues away from them.
- After Sandstorm is swept away by a flood, Firestar returns to the large Twoleg nest. He sneaks around to the back, hoping to cross the Thunderpath again, but finds that it is underwater. He picks his way towards it in the mud, until he finally reaches it. There are no monsters running along it, and Firestar follows it in hopes of tracing the flood back to the river.
- As Firestar looks around several Twoleg nests for Sandstorm, he finds a small passageway that opens up into a tangle of Twoleg nests connected by a small Thunderpath. After talking to a snowy-white tom, he finds the black stone of a Thunderpath with several holes swallowing monsters next to it. Firestar attempts to cross the stone, but before he is halfway across a Twoleg monster begins to hunt him. He quickly bolts across and scrabbles over a Twoleg nest.
- Later, after Sandstorm saves Firestar from a hostile kittypet, they cross a Thunderpath. They continue traveling alongside the river and reach a narrow Thunderpath, and cross it, scenting no monsters. Firestar climbs up some slippery rocks and looks in the distance, finding monsters traveling on the Thunderpath. When Sky is showing him and Sandstorm around former SkyClan land, Firestar shivers at the mention of monsters tearing up the ground, thinking about how different they are from the normal monsters on the Thunderpath.
- Later, after speaking with Hutch, Cherry and Boris lead Firestar to a small Thunderpath. The latter is initially cautious of the monsters, but Boris says the monsters aren't active and the black stone is safe to cross. Hesitant, Firestar looks both ways, and all three cats run across the Thunderpath and make it to the other side. A while later, Sparrowpaw and Firestar are in the Twolegplace, looking for a friend. They jump down in front of a small Thunderpath, and after checking for monsters, they run into Oscar in an alley.
- When Sharpclaw returns from a patrol, Leafstar is suspicious the deputy is going to Twolegplace. She sniffs his pelt and finds a faint stench of Thunderpath. A short while later, Billystorm and Leafstar are going to Twolegplace to check on Snookpaw, and Billystorm mentions they need to cross a Thunderpath. He also mentions that it is quiet, and there is another Thunderpath after the first one. They cross the first Thunderpath, and then the second one, which feels sticky under Leafstar's paws.
- As Snookpaw takes Leafstar and her patrol to the nest of an injured Twoleg, they reach a small Thunderpath that Snookpaw says they have to cross. Leafstar examines the Thunderpath as the cats duck to avoid a monster. They quickly cross the stone after the monster roars by. She is suspicious at Sharpclaw's ease at crossing the Thunderpath. Snookpaw is confused when he doesn't find the Twoleg nest, so the patrol backtracks to the Thunderpath to find a new direction to travel. They then travel alongside the black stone, but find nothing. Snookpaw suddenly realizes where they are and trails alongside the Thunderpath to the nest.
- The cats spread out the Twoleg kit's items in a trail for the Twolegs, with Cherrytail placing an item in a tree near a Thunderpath. The trail works, as the Twolegs follow Leafstar over the Thunderpath. However, they stop, but with a pleading wail from the SkyClan leader, they continue to follow her slowly over the black stone. Later, Leafstar follows Sharpclaw taking a patrol to a Twolegplace, and watches Sharpclaw give instructions before they cross. She crosses the Thunderpath shortly after and continues following them.
- Billystorm meets up with Leafstar, and he explains that he's seen Sharpclaw and his night patrols cross Thunderpaths. She separates from the tom, and finds the patrol near a small Thunderpath in an alley. Later on, Stick takes a SkyClan patrol to Twolegplace, and they encounter a small Thunderpath. There are no monsters, and the cats cross it with no problems.
- Coming Soon
- In the prologue, a black tom is unnerved by a dream of a forest, being used living next to Thunderpaths. When Tigerheart is trying to find where Dovewing went, he realizes his mate is heading toward the Thunderpath. Worried for her, he hopes it will guide her to where she wants to be. Tigerheart reaches the Thunderpath, finding it jammed with many monsters. He wonders if the Twolegs are migrating. He tries looking for a way across the stone path where Dovewing may have crossed, but he gets dizzy and falls asleep.
- Tigerheart wakes up to find the Thunderpath empty. Realizing he must go back to ShadowClan, he heads away from the Thunderpath. After returning, he meets an angry Ivypool at the ThunderClan border. He tells her he tracked Dovewing as far as the Thunderpath, but couldn't find her. Later, Tigerheart leaves ShadowClan in favor of finding Dovewing, and pounds toward the Thunderpath. He knows the gray she-cat will be far beyond it. By dawn, Tigerheart has crossed the Thunderpath.
- He finds a Twolegplace with many Thunderpaths, and decides to travel there to see if he can get information on Dovewing's whereabouts. The tom then finds a Thunderpath, and after a monster whizzes by, he decides to cross. However, a ginger kittypet tackles him. After the kittypet leaves, Tigerheart continues to follow the Thunderpath. As Fuzzball leads him to Ajax, he is wary of the monsters sleeping beside the Thunderpaths. When they meet him, Ajax talks about his former Twoleg den to Fuzzball and Tigerheart, explaining how the Thunderpaths looked so tiny from the top of the Twoleg dens.
- On their way to the gorse-spined den, the cats dart across Thunderpaths while Tigerheart explains to Fuzzball explains how certain skills can help anyone be a warrior. Later, Tigerheart is following the Silverpath, scenting Thunderpaths and monsters. He then finds a Thunderpath arching over the Silverpath. A while later, Tigerheart and his new friend Dash watch the rot pile cats trot toward the Thunderpath. The two cats them travel alongside the black stone. They then reach a Thunderpath crossroads, where Dash explains to wait for a green light before crossing.
- They cross and reach another Thunderpath, and cross many more on their way to the gorse-spined den. When Tigerheart meets Dovewing inside the den, he explains he didn't have the energy to cross the Thunderpath. Later, Tigerheart follows some guardian cats beside Thunderpaths to check out a fox that's been nearby. He is alarmed when Fierce says they'll have to cross more Thunderpaths, but Cobweb claims there is a route where they can safely cross. They find several Thunderpaths, with one arching into the air. Cinnamon explains that the herbs grow under that Thunderpath, making Tigerheart confused on how to get there.
- Fierce takes the cats beside the Thunderpath into a tunnel, and after some time, emerge on a slope next to it. He gets cold underneath the Thunderpath's shadow, and shivers as he searches for a fox den. Two foxes then chase the cats away, and Tigerheart lands on grass between two Thunderpaths. The next day, Tigerheart crouches near the arching Thunderpath, preparing to fight the foxes. Spire meows, causing a fox to appear next to the Thunderpath's stone leg. After the fight begins, the vixen fox appears next to it. The day after the successful fight, Tigerheart scents only Thunderpath where the fox den is.
- He follows Spire as he leaves the den. The black tom is by a chestnut tree near a Thunderpath. Monsters stop beside it as Twolegs hop out to do their yowling time. When Tigerheart scents the gray she-cat from the day before, he stops the other guardian cats who are ready to cross the Thunderpath. After a brief argument with Fog, He, Dovewing, and the other guardian cats finally cross it. They then chase rats, with the prey turning away from the Thunderpath.
- When Tigerheart rescues Pouncekit from a Twoleg trap, he remembers how vulnerable his family is near Thunderpaths and other places in the city. He notes the next morning the quiet Thunderpaths as he follows Tuna to the former camp of Fog's group, along with a few guardian cats. Tuna then takes them alongside one with a street post. After clawing a fox on its muzzle, Tigerheart runs across a deserted Thunderpath, with the foxes not far behind. Nearing the end of their plan, the cats cross another Thunderpath, while Tigerheart is hooked back by Dovewing.
- The foxes dart across the Thunderpath, and the guardian cats attack them. The next day, Dovewing's kits go missing, making the queen fret if they wandered onto a Thunderpath. However, Pipsqueak says they're too clever to do that. Later, Dovewing waits to cross the Thunderpath before she pelts across the stone. After Tigerheart and Dovewing leave the guardian cats with their kits along with Ant, Blaze, Cinnamon, and Spire, they reach a Thundersnake camp. He remembers how easy it was to cross the Thunderpaths.
- When Spire goes missing, Tigerheart, Dovewing, and Blaze search for him. Finding a Thunderpath, Tigerheart asks Blaze if he sees anything, but the tom says no. Dovewing notices a Twoleg nest beside it, and the cats decide to investigate it. Blaze determines Spire crossed the Thunderpath to get to the Twoleg nest. He crosses the Thunderpath, and Tigerheart and Dovewing follow him soon after. Later, Spire claims they have to cross a river by going across a Thunderpath bridge.
- Despite some of the cats not wanting to cross, they cross anyway due to Spire's insisting. Suddenly, to everyone's horror, the Thunderpath begins to lift into the air. The stretch of stone splits into two. Tigerheart panics when he finds Pouncekit hanging onto the edge with her claws, but Spire leaps up and throws the kit onto the Thunderpath. However, the black tom cannot keep a firm grip on the Thunderpath drawbridge, and falls to his death. Tigerheart and Blaze stand at the edge of the Thunderpath in disbelief.
- Blaze finds a Thunderpath in the distance and suggests for the cats to follow the way Spire was going. Lightkit asks if they're going to follow the monsters on it, but Tigerheart says no. After Berryheart starts kitting, Tigerheart notes that Ant found a forest untainted by the Thunderpath. Later, Shadowkit explains to Tigerheart that he saw the lake beyond the Thunderpath Spiresight wanted them to cross.
In the Novellas
- On Pinepaw's first tour of ThunderClan territory, Mistpelt shows him the Thunderpath. The apprentice notes that the monsters aren't frightening, knowing that they will not leave it. Mistpelt explains they will not cross it, but they will when Pinepaw goes to the Moonstone. Mentor and apprentice then go to the river, and he says it looks like a watery Thunderpath. A moon later, ShadowClan invades ThunderClan territory, but they are defeated and flee into the Thunderpath tunnel. Later, Doefeather leads a patrol over a small Thunderpath to scare some kittypets.
- When Pinestar collapses in Twolegplace from his emotions, Shanty runs across a small Thunderpath to get to her friend. However, she freezes as a monster nears her. Pinestar bolts onto the Thunderpath in an attempt to save her, but he is too late and she dies. After leaving ThunderClan to live life as a kittypet, Pinestar passes the Thunderpath where Shanty died.
- When dogs chase Sun Shadow and Shadowstar, they run parallel to the Thunderpath in an attempt to get rid of them. Later, a cat pushes Shadowstar onto the Thunderpath and quickly rolls away from a monster. She decides to speak to Skystar when she realizes it is Quick Water who pushed her, and nearly gets run over crossing the Thunderpath again.
In the Dawn of the Clans arc
- A group of cats from the Tribe of Rushing Water encounter a Thunderpath after scenting its sharp odor and hearing a rumbling sound. They cross it safely due, and travel along it to find a Twolegplace in which they may stay temporarily.
- The following day, the cats are fleeing across the Thunderpath. As Shaded Moss crosses, a monster hits him and kills him. His body is retrieved by Tall Shadow and buried in the dirt on the other side.
- The group soon discovers another Thunderpath, which evokes the memory of Shaded Moss's recent death. However, they manage to cross it without any fatalities this time, though Jagged Peak comes close to being killed.
- Gray Wing later creeps along the Thunderpath in search of Bumble's nest. He enters the Twolegplace with Storm's help.
- When Thunder and Lightning Tail meet River Ripple while searching for Turtle Tail and her kits, he says the Twolegplace is full of Thunderpaths and monsters. Thunder states he's never seen a Thunderpath up close, remembering the other cats talking about them. River Ripple decides to come with them, explaining he'll help them with the Thunderpath. However, Thunder can't see one. They near some Twoleg nests, and the gray tabby explains they need to check all of the nests next to the Thunderpath.
- A monster awakens and travels over the Thunderpath, nearly killing all three toms. Moments later, another monsters passes over the stone. Lightning Tail suddenly points Thunder in the direction of a body laying next to the Thunderpath, which is Turtle Tail. Monsters begin to move on it, so Thunder, Lightning Tail, and River Ripple move her body. After doing that, the toms meet Flower, who races across the Thunderpath to take them to Tom. They follow the plump tabby-and-white kittypet soon after.
- After saving the kits from Tom, Thunder, Lightning Tail, and River Ripple dash across the same Thunderpath Flower crossed before.
In The Prophecies Begin arc
- When Firepaw is given a tour of the territory by Lionheart and Tigerclaw, he sees the Thunderpath between ThunderClan and ShadowClan. Later, Firepaw sees an unidentified ShadowClan cat on the ShadowClan side of the Thunderpath.
- When Bluestar decides to go to speak with StarClan, she, Tigerclaw, Ravenpaw, Graypaw, and Firepaw have to cross it to get to the Moonstone.
- The cats would later have to cross the Thunderpath to bring back Frostfur's stolen kits.
- When Graystripe and Fireheart go to rescue WindClan, they find the Clan sheltering in a tunnel beneath a Thunderpath, and they need to cross a few Thunderpaths to return to their territory.
- When ThunderClan is flooded, to get to the Gathering they had to walk on the Thunderpath and cross a bit of ShadowClan territory which Nightstar is not happy about.
- Fireheart's apprentice Cinderpaw was hit by a monster on the Thunderpath and her leg was severely damaged, ending her warrior apprenticeship. Since Tigerclaw had called for Bluestar to come, Fireheart suspects it was a trap for Bluestar, which later proved true.
- When Fireheart escorts Whitethroat and Littlecloud home to ShadowClan, he discovers a tunnel under the Thunderpath which will make it easy to get to Gatherings. Later Fireheart sees Runningwind's dead body by the Thunderpath and he thinks Whitethroat killed him. Fireheart chases Whitethroat, who gets hit by a monster and dies. Fireheart soon finds out that Tigerclaw killed Runningwind.
In The New Prophecy arc
- When the six questing cats go on their journey to find a new home they cross many Thunderpaths. Back at the forest, Ravenpaw comes to ThunderClan warning them of Twoleg activity (they are building a new Thunderpath), but Firestar sends him away saying there is no danger.
- By the time the six cats get back from their quest, there is hardly any prey in the forest as the workfolk scared them away. A ThunderClan apprentice, Shrewpaw is killed by a monster while chasing a pheasant. When the Clans leave to find a new home, they cross many Thunderpaths.
In the Power of Three arc
- When the cats journeying to the mountains reach the ridge that overlooks the lake, he can see flat green stretches like grass at the horseplace, which is sliced through by Thunderpath and dotted with Twoleg nests. Lionpaw is excited, and thinks that the biggest Thunderpath looks only as thin as a strand of bramble.
- When the cats looking for Sol are leaving the territories to go to the sun-drown-place looking for him, they need to cross a Thunderpath. The younger warriors, Hollyleaf, Lionblaze, Hazeltail, and Birchfall accidentally run out onto the Thunderpath without looking and come close to being injured.
In the A Vision of Shadows arc
- Alderpaw and his companions cross a Thunderpath when they start their journey. Then, after Sandstorm dies and visits Alderpaw's dreams, they cross a seemingly huge Thunderpath.
- When Needlepaw and Alderpaw return to the lake, the have to cross the same Thunderpath as when started.
- When Twigpaw is escaping from some dogs, she is trapped between them and a Thunderpath. She climbs the tree in order to escape the dogs, and climbs out on a branch that juts over the Thunderpath. However, as she makes her way back on the the sturdier branches, she begins to slip and she falls, her scream cut off as all the breath is knocked out of her from impact. The gray she-cat looks up just in time to see a monster, with Twolegs inside looking terrified. The last thought she thinks is about the Twolegs, and then her world disappears into darkness.
- When Dovewing, Tigerheart, and Molewhisker come back from their search for Twigpaw, Dovewing suspects that Twigpaw is most likely dead, as they spotted her blood and fur near the Thunderpath.
- Two sunrises after Violetpaw left SkyClan with a few others in search of remaining SkyClan cats, they come across another Thunderpath. It is noted that this Thunderpath smells stronger, and is wider than the many they've crossed before. While crossing the Thunderpath, Violetpaw freezes in the middle, causing a small green monster to lose control. It crashes into another larger monster, and the terrified Violetpaw stared at them. Hawkwing then drags her off the Thunderpath. When the patrol returns from the gorge, they return across a smaller Thunderpath.
- When Alderheart travels to a Twolegplace looking for kittypets that might have six toes, he spots a small dirt Thunderpath that runs into from a cluster of Twoleg dens.
- A SkyClan patrol crosses the small dirt Thunderpath that leads to the Twoleg halfbridge and borders ShadowClan and RiverClan on their way to help RiverClan when their camp burns.
- Alderheart later crosses a few Thunderpaths when he goes into Twolegplace to return Velvet's toy, hoping to see her one last time.
In the Graystripe's Adventure arc
- Graystripe and Millie must cross a large Thunderpath, and Millie becomes scared, but crosses eventually.
- Graystripe and Millie cross several Thunderpaths on their quest to find the Clans' new home. Graystripe, while arguing with Millie, is hit by a monster, and is wounded. They stay at Mac's Truckstop while he heals, then they ride on a monster to sun-drown-place.
- The Clan cats will never really understand what monsters and Thunderpaths really are.
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 351
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 236
- ↑ Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 238
- ↑ Revealed in Yellowfang's Secret, page 49
- ↑ Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 195
- ↑ Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 218
- ↑ Revealed in Rising Storm, page 182
- ↑ Revealed in Rising Storm, page 18
- ↑ Revealed in Warrior's Refuge, page 171
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Revealed in Eclipse, page 118
- ↑ Revealed in Warrior's Refuge, page 173
- ↑ Revealed in Fire and Ice, page 2
- ↑ Revealed in Fire and Ice, page 51
- ↑ Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 19
- ↑ Revealed in Erin Hunter Chat 1