|"Friendship is worthless. You have learned an important lesson, one that I could have never taught you. But I will teach you much more. There'll come a day when you'll be so powerful, you'll have no need for friends. And when that day comes, I promise you will never regret that you chose to be a warrior."|
|— Tigerstar to Lionpaw in Dark River, page 322|
He is born as Tigerkit to Pinestar and Leopardfoot of ThunderClan. He and his sisters, Mistkit and Nightkit, are born very frail and unfortunately die. His father leaves to become a kittypet and turns his back on the Clans. He becomes apprenticed to Thistleclaw as Tigerpaw, who encourages his ambition and thirst for battle. He becomes a warrior and earns the name Tigerclaw. He yearns for leadership, and murders Redtail, the Clan deputy, in order to achieve it. Bluestar names him deputy after Lionheart dies, and Ravenpaw, Tigerclaw's apprentice who knows the truth about Redtail, fears for the Clan's future.
Tigerclaw is exiled after he conspires with rogues to murder Bluestar. He takes over leadership of ShadowClan as Tigerstar, and partners with RiverClan and BloodClan to take over the forest. However, he is slain by Scourge. Tigerstar is sent to the Dark Forest where he trains his sons, Brambleclaw and Hawkfrost, to take over the forest. He and the other Dark Forest residents train cats from all the Clans and leads a siege on the forest. He and Firestar fight, and Firestar finally vanquishes his long-time enemy.
Looking for a longer overview? Find one here!
- "Keep your eyes open, Fireheart. Keep your ears pricked. Keep looking behind you. Because one day I'll find you, and then you'll be crow-food."
- —Tigerclaw to Fireheart Forest of Secrets, page 289
- Tigerclaw becomes Bluestar's deputy after Lionheart dies in battle. However, this position of power isn't enough to satisfy him, and he schemes to murder Bluestar so that he can become leader. He plots with Brokenstar, a ThunderClan prisoner at the time, and gets rogues to attack the camp. His treachery is finally revealed when he attempts to murder Bluestar himself, but Fireheart stops him. He is exiled and swears vengeance against Fireheart and leaves ThunderClan behind.
- Tigerclaw takes over as leader of ShadowClan since they are left without a leader after Nightstar suddenly dies. He appoints the former rogue, Blackfoot, as his deputy. Although he is pleased with his leadership position, his quest for revenge is still unfulfilled. He leads a vicious dog pack to Sunningrocks and plans to use them to wipe out ThunderClan. He feeds them and eventually slaughters the queen Brindleface to give the dogs a taste for cat blood. However, his plan is thwarted after ThunderClan finds out about the dogs and they lead the dogs over the edge of the gorge to drown.
- Still unsatisfied, Tigerstar goes to Scourge and BloodClan to help him take over the whole forest and force every Clan into submission. They agree to help in exchange for territory and prey. ShadowClan unites with RiverClan during this time, becoming TigerClan, with Leopardstar and Tigerstar as co-leaders. Before the Great Battle, Tigerstar is killed by Scourge with a devastating blow that rips all nine lives away from him at once.
- "I have learned to walk in the paths of their dreams. And I have time. All the time in the world. When they have destroyed that mangy kittypet, I'll make them leaders of their Clans, and show them what true power is."
- —Tigerstar to Darkstripe about his sons Sunset, pages 3-4
- "It was Tigerstar's ambition that destroyed him. If he had been willing to wait for power to come to him, he would've been the greatest leader in the forest."
- —Longtail about Tigerstar Outcast, page 28
- "Every moment. The moment Bluestar found you, I became nothing! I have waited all this time to have my revenge! When you're dead, I can rule the Clans or kill them."
- —Tigerstar to Firestar The Last Hope, page chapter 27
- In Bluestar's Prophecy, Tigerkit is born to Leopardfoot and Pinestar along with his sisters Mistkit and Nightkit. The entire litter is extremely frail and sickly, and both of Tigerkit's sisters die shortly after birth. However, he grows strong and survives. Goosefeather receives a prophecy about the young kit and how dangerous he would become later in life, and after telling Pinestar, his father wishes he was never born. Pinestar later leaves his Clan to become a kittypet, causing Tigerkit to develop a bitter hatred for kittypets.
- Tigerpaw is apprenticed to Thistleclaw. As an apprentice, he is very aggressive and enjoys fighting. Thistleclaw nurtures the young tom's ambitions and hunger for power because he desires to become deputy himself. He even encourages Tigerpaw to attack a defenseless kit on ThunderClan territory. That kit would later grow up to be the fearsome BloodClan leader, Scourge.
- In Redtail's Debt, as a new warrior, Tigerclaw saves Redpaw from a hawk. As payment for saving his life, Tigerclaw insists that Redpaw owes him his life. Later, while on a patrol, Tigerclaw and Redtail come across Sorrelpaw, a WindClan apprentice who accidentally strayed across the border. Tigerclaw orders Redtail to teach her a lesson, and after her mentor, Stagleap reprimands them, Redtail begins to realize how dangerously aggressive Tigerclaw really is. The two continue to get into arguments as time progresses, and Tigerclaw resents Redtail for becoming deputy. He considers Redtail a weak deputy for refusing to get into conflicts with the other Clans. During an invasion of Sunningrocks, Tigerclaw kills Redtail in order to get him out of the way.
- In Tigerclaw's Fury, after leaving ThunderClan, Tigerclaw becomes a rogue and befriends several others including Snag and Mowgli. With their help, Tigerclaw then begins to think about how he will get his revenge on ThunderClan. After learning about the sickness in ShadowClan from former warriors, Tigerclaw agrees to let his group assist the ailing Clan by providing food. During a hunting patrol on ThunderClan territory, he kills Runningwind. When a fire breaks out in ThunderClan's camp, Tigerclaw rushes over and witnesses Fireheart saving his son, Bramblekit. After Nightstar, the ill leader of ShadowClan, dies without naming a deputy, Tigerclaw urges Runningnose to trust in his instincts and choose a new leader. Runningnose chooses Tigerclaw after witnessing shadows like tiger stripes appear in the camp, and Tigerclaw gladly rises as the new leader of ShadowClan.
- Tigerstar meets Sasha, a rogue, while on a hunting patrol. Impressed, he offers to properly train her and the two meet up night after night. He argues with her when he discovers she is a former kittypet, and later saves her from foxes. Tigerstar is injured, and Sasha takes him to her den to rest. He lies about his past in ThunderClan, and offers Sasha a place in ShadowClan. While she thinks about it, she overhears him plotting to take over all the Clans, and realizes he lied to her. Sasha refuses to join ShadowClan, and Tigerstar, who truly loved her, scolds her coldly for throwing away her 'destiny' as his mate.
- Unbeknownst to Tigerstar, Sasha bears his kits named Tadpole, Hawk, and Moth. Russetfur tells Sasha how Tigerstar was killed in a battle, and Sasha, despite being relieved he is gone forever, mourns for him. She leaves her kits with RiverClan, realizing their place is with the Clans, and makes the promise to never reveal who their father is.
- Tigerstar is a massive, tall, sturdy, heavy, thick-furred, dark brown tabby tom. He has unusually long, sharp front claws, a broad chest and shoulders, and wide, pale amber eyes. One of his ears is split in a deep "V" shape near the top, along with a scar on the bridge of his nose, and his pelt is criss-crossed with long battle scars.
Please do not edit this gallery
Please do not edit this gallery
Please do not edit this gallery
This list shows the victims Tigerstar has killed:
- Graypool (Indirectly caused)
- Bluestar (Indirectly caused)
- Stonefur (Indirect; Tigerstar's orders)
- Himself (Due to his actions against Scourge)
- Firestar (Caused) 
|Tigerpaw's apprentice ceremony|
|Tigerclaw's warrior ceremony|
|Tigerclaw's deputy ceremony|
|Tigerstar's leader ceremony|
|Reference: The Ultimate Guide, pages 90-96|
- "May StarClan walk your path! Thanks for rescuing me! ShadowClan will always be my friends! One day I'll help you, too!"
- —Tigerkit to the ShadowClan patrol that saved him from a fox Code of the Clans, page 122
- "That cat should not have survived. This was never meant to happen."
- —Goosefeather about Tigerkit Bluestar's Prophecy, page 394
- "And so many deaths. First Redtail, then Lionheart. I thank StarClan at least the warriors we have left are strong and loyal like them. At least with Tigerclaw as deputy, ThunderClan may still be able to defend itself. There was a time, when Tigerclaw was a young warrior, that I feared for the strength of his passion. Such energy can need careful channeling. But now I am proud to see how much respect the Clan has for him. I know he is ambitious, but his ambition makes him one of the bravest cats I have ever had the honor to fight alongside."
- —Bluestar after naming Tigerclaw deputy Into the Wild, pages 228-229
- Tigerclaw: "Remember me to StarClan, Bluestar."
- Bluestar: "Tigerclaw, what is this? I'm the leader of your Clan, or have you forgotten?"
- Forest of Secrets, pages 273-274
- "You know already that I will kill you one day. Your last breath will be gasped beneath my paws. Your last drop of blood will be spilled on my fur. Stones will break and the sky will fall when we meet in our final battle."
- —Tigerclaw about him and Fireheart Tigerclaw's Fury, page chapter 1
- "If he had to fight every battle alone, he would not give up! Even with an army of shadows, he would still win!"
- —Narrator about Tigerclaw Tigerclaw's Fury, page Chapter 3
- "If mercy is power, then I have never been more powerful."
- —Tigerclaw about helping ShadowClan Tigerclaw's Fury, page Chapter 4
- "Don’t mistake this for caring about my former Clanmates. I want the satisfaction of destroying them myself, not watching them burn like trapped rabbits."
- —Tigerclaw about ThunderClan and the forest fire Tigerclaw's Fury, page Chapter 9
- "The cats you're talking about poison the Clans with their impure blood! How can warriors be strong if they don't know where their loyalties lie?"
- —Tigerstar to Sasha on half-Clan and non-Clanborn cats Escape from the Forest, page 3
- "You see, Firestar? I am even more powerful than StarClan, for I have changed the Clans in the forest from four to two. TigerClan and BloodClan will rule together."
- —Tigerstar to Firestar the day he dies The Darkest Hour, page 227
- "All traitors deserve to die!"
- —Tigerstar to Lionblaze Long Shadows, page 50
- Tigerstar: "Not yet. We will meet in battle. But not until you've watched every one of your Clan die."
- Firestar: "The battle's over!"
- The Last Hope, page chapter 27
- Tigerstar's profile on the Warriors official website
- Author Profile: Vicky Holmes on the Warriors official website (Mentioned only)
- Author Profile: Cherith Baldry on the Warriors official website (Mentioned only)
- A Legacy of Fire on the Warriors official website (Mentioned only)
- Leadership Among the Clans: An Overview on the Warriors official website (Mentioned only)
- A First Time for Nine Lives on the Warriors official website (Mentioned only)
- Lost Stars and Path of a Warrior on the Warriors official website (Mentioned only)
- Writing Lost Stars on the Warriors official website (Mentioned only)
- Which Warrior is Worthy? on the Warriors official website (Indirect mention only)
- Honoring the Mother Cats on the Warriors official website (Mentioned only)
- Pick a Plush: Round Two on the Warriors official website (Poll option)
- New Cat Profile: Tawnypelt on the Warriors official website (Mentioned only)
- We Hunt to Survive on the Warriors official website (Mentioned only)
- Which Warrior is Worthy - The Return on the Warriors official website (Indirect mention only)
- The Importance of 'Paws on the Warriors official website (Mentioned only)
- Outpacing other 'Paws (and Mentors) on the Warriors official website (Mentioned only)
- The Warrior Code: An Outdated Relic? on the Warriors official website (Mentioned only)
- Mini Plush Heads Coming Soon to the Warrior Cats Store on the Warriors official website (Mentioned only)
- More Ways to Live on the Warriors official website (Indirect mention only)
- Evil Lives Forever on the Warriors official website (Mentioned only)
- Best of the Worst on the Warriors official website
- Creating an Antagonist on the Warriors official website (Mentioned only)
- Stand Together or Fall Divided on the Warriors official website (Mentioned only)
- A Common Bond on the Warriors official website (Mentioned only)
- Unexpected Storylines on the Warriors official website (Mentioned only)
- Kin of Your Kin on the Warriors official website (Mentioned only)
- Reading the Omens on the Warriors official website (Indirect mention only)
- When Omens Are False on the Warriors official website (Mentioned only)
- Beyond Our Borders on the Warriors official website (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ Revealed in The Last Hope, page 324
- ↑ Revealed in Fading Echoes, page 230
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Revealed in Into the Wild, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in Rising Storm, page 315
- ↑ Revealed in The Darkest Hour, page 136
- ↑ Revealed in Tigerclaw's Fury, chapter 1
- ↑ Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 260
- ↑ Revealed in The Darkest Hour, page 234
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Revealed in The Darkest Hour, page 233
- ↑ Revealed in The Last Hope, chapter 27
- ↑ Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 266
- ↑ Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 385
- ↑ Revealed in Into the Wild, page 94
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 14.2 Revealed in Into the Wild, page 199
- ↑ Revealed in Rising Storm, page 184
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 Revealed in A Dangerous Path, page 6
- ↑ Revealed in The Last Hope, page 5
- ↑ Revealed in The Rise of Scourge, page 31
- ↑ Revealed in Into the Wild, page 52
- ↑ Revealed in Into the Wild, page 39
- ↑ Revealed in Into the Wild, page 56
- ↑ Revealed in Fire and Ice, page 98
- ↑ Revealed in Dark River, page 322
- ↑ Revealed in Fading Echoes, page prologue
- ↑ 25.0 25.1 Revealed in The Ultimate Guide, page 74
- ↑ Revealed in Night Whispers, page 261
- ↑ Revealed in Forest of Secrets, page 297
- ↑ Revealed in Firestar's Quest, allegiances
- ↑ 29.0 29.1 Revealed in Into the Wild, page 3
- ↑ Revealed in Sunset, page 1
- ↑ Revealed in Battles of the Clans, page 108
- ↑ Revealed in Code of the Clans, page 150
- ↑ Revealed in Sunrise, page 8
- ↑ Revealed in Rising Storm, page 185
- ↑ Revealed in Into the Wild, page 46
- ↑ Revealed in Tigerclaw's Fury, page 36
- ↑ Revealed in Fire and Ice, page 6
- ↑ Revealed in Into the Wild, page 151
- ↑ Revealed in Into the Wild, page 45
- ↑ Revealed in Fading Echoes, page 256
- ↑ Revealed in Into the Wild, page 40
- ↑ Revealed in Rising Storm, page 183
- ↑ Revealed in A Dangerous Path, page 75
- ↑ Revealed in A Dangerous Path, page 287
- ↑ Revealed in A Dangerous Path, page 311
- ↑ Revealed in The Darkest Hour, page 172
- ↑ Revealed in The Darkest Hour, page 207
- ↑ 48.0 48.1 Revealed in The Last Hope, page 327
|Dark Forest cats|
|Leaders||Tigerstar • Hawkfrost • Mapleshade • Thistleclaw • Maggottail • Brokenstar|
|Members||Antpelt • Clawface • Darkstripe • Houndleap • Silverhawk • Snowtuft • Shredtail • Sparrowfeather • Redwillow • Rushtooth|
|Trainees||Crookedstar • Thistleclaw • Bramblestar • Hawkfrost • Lionblaze • Ivypool • Mousewhisker • Birchfall • Blossomfall • Thornclaw • Tigerstar • Antpelt • Ratscar • Applefur • Redwillow • Sunstrike • Harestar • Breezepelt • Minnowtail • Icewing • Beetlewhisker • Hollowflight • Furzepelt • Larkwing|