|"I'm confident of my strength, Lionblaze. You just worry about yours."|
|— Toadfoot to Lionblaze in The Fourth Apprentice, page 209|
Toadfoot is a dark brown tom.
Toadfoot was a ShadowClan warrior under Blackstar's leadership in the lake territories. He was born as Toadkit to Tallpoppy with his littermates Applekit and Marshkit. His family participated in the Great Journey and he befriended Birchkit, a ThunderClan kit. As a warrior, Toadfoot and Tigerheart were chosen to go on a journey to free the lake water during a drought. He fought in the Great Battle but perished, going on to join the ranks of StarClan.
- 1 History
- 1.1 In the The New Prophecy arc
- 1.2 In the Power of Three arc
- 1.3 In the Omen of the Stars arc
- 1.4 In the Super Editions
- 2 Character pixels
- 3 Kin
- 4 Appearances
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Quotes
- 7 External links
- 8 Notes and references
In the The New Prophecy arc
- Toadkit is a ShadowClan kit. He appears unnamed along with his siblings Applekit and Marshkit when ThunderClan is helping ShadowClan abandon their camp while Twolegs are attacking it with their monsters. His mother, Tallpoppy, is fretting over her kits, because they will be unable to leap the large gap in front of them, but with reassurance from Stormfur, she allows Crowpaw to carry one kit, one of the toms, across a large gap. While on the journey, Toadkit, Applekit and Marshkit quickly become friends with the ThunderClan kit, Birchkit.
- When the Clans find places for their camps, Toadkit, Applekit and Marshkit sorrowfully say goodbye to their new friend from ThunderClan, Birchkit. Toadkit is the saddest of Tallpoppy's kits about saying goodbye, and even gives his mother a mutinous look when the Clans split up to go and explore their new territory and settle into the new camps.
In the Power of Three arc
- Toadfoot is on the border patrol, along with Ivytail and Russetfur, who bring Lionpaw and Brambleclaw to the ShadowClan camp to ask Tawnypelt if she wants to join them on their journey to the mountains to help the Tribe. Lionpaw mentions that Toadfoot's kit-hood friend, Birchkit, is a warrior now, and his name is Birchfall. He was also wondering how his kit-hood friends were. Toadfoot says it doesn't matter now because the Great Journey is over, but there is a trace of regret in his voice.
- When Hollypaw, Lionpaw, Jaypaw, and Sol all go to the ShadowClan camp, he is seen sharing a mouse with Ivytail. He is then seen staring at Jaypaw with wide eyes after Jaypaw tells them that Sol told him that the sun was going to disappear.
- When Lionblaze, Hollyleaf, Jaypaw, Dawnpaw, Flamepaw, and Tigerpaw make a fake StarClan sign for Blackstar and Littlecloud, he is with them. He is wrestled to the ground and is held there until the fake sign is shown. He is told what they were doing, choosing to accept it but not believe it. Toadfoot promises that he won't tell anyone about the fake sign, as long as it won't harm his Clan, then goes back to ShadowClan's camp.
In the Omen of the Stars arc
- "I'm proud to have traveled with you...And prouder still that we achieved what we set out to do."
- ―Toadfoot to the cats who destroyed the dam The Fourth Apprentice, page 287
- He becomes skeptical that their journey is hopeless, and they won't be able to succeed in finding whatever is blocking the stream. But after Whitetail convinces them to keep going, Lionblaze takes the lead before Toadfoot can argue. As they continue to travel up into ShadowClan territory, he remains hostile and defensive of the prey, commenting that if Whitetail and Sedgewhisker hunted on their own, they would be prey stealing. When the continue to travel, Dovepaw hears dogs up ahead. Toadfoot and Tigerheart climb up into trees. But Petalfur, Rippletail, Whitetail, and Sedgewhisker just stand still, commenting that they don't climb trees. The ShadowClan cats and ThunderClan cats immediately run to help them. Toadfoot begins to coax Petalfur up into the tree. After that, the dogs attack, and are soon called back by Twolegs. They continue with their journey the next morning.
- As they travel upstream, Toadfoot halts, and smells a dead deer farther upstream. He tries to lead the cats in a different direction, but does not succeed. When the other cats discover it, Toadfoot tells them he had scented it faintly, and had been trying to get them to steer clear of it. They continue on with their journey. After they finally find the beavers and plan their battle strategy, Toadfoot fights bravely along with his companions. When Lionblaze is trapped, with a beaver boring down on him, Toadfoot distracts the beaver so Lionblaze can escape. After Rippletail has been gravely injured by a beaver, Toadfoot and Lionblaze help Petalfur to get him into a makeshift den. After Rippletail dies, Toadfoot grieves with his friends. Toadfoot attempts to comfort Petalfur at the lost of her Clanmate. At a second attempt to stop the beavers, they get help from three kittypets, Seville, Snowdrop, and Jigsaw, and the loner Woody. After they successfully dislodge the dam, they travel back home to the lake. When they say goodbye, Toadfoot acts very formal, but there is a hint of regret in his voice.
- When Firestar, Jayfeather and Brambleclaw come to talk to Blackstar, Toadfoot is on a patrol with Ratscar, and brings them to the ShadowClan camp. After Blackstar discusses things with Firestar, he, Crowfrost, and Ratscar are asked by Blackstar to escort the ThunderClan cats off ShadowClan land.
- Toadfoot spooks Flametail by pretending he is about to crash into him, then claims he was just checking Flametail's reflexes. Toadfoot compliments Flametail on one of his moves, commenting how he is the only medicine cat that fights like a warrior. Toadfoot then realizes that the rest of ShadowClan are burying Russetfur, and he and Flametail go join them.
- At a Gathering, when Blackstar announces that ShadowClan had won a battle with the two kittypets, Jacques and Susan at the Twoleg nest, Toadfoot looks satisfied alongside Tawnypelt. However, Toadfoot's eye is swollen from a nasty scratch, suggesting that the kittypets had put up a decent fight.
- Toadfoot participates in the battle against the Dark Forest and is called out to by Oakfur when his pelt becomes ripped. Oakfur and Snowbird then proceed to aid him by attacking his opponents.
In the Super Editions
- Toadfoot is listed among the cats who died during the battle against the Dark Forest at a Gathering by Blackstar.
Please do not edit this gallery
= Gender Unknown
- Dawn (First appearance)
- Long Shadows
- Sunrise (Allegiance only)
- Hollyleaf's Story (Allegiance only)
- The Fourth Apprentice
- Mistystar's Omen (Allegiance only)
- Fading Echoes
- Night Whispers
- Sign of the Moon (Allegiance only)
- The Forgotten Warrior
- The Last Hope †
- Bramblestar's Storm (Mentioned only)
- Secrets of the Clans (Mentioned only; retconned)
The following information is from sources considered non-canon or retconned.
- In Secrets of the Clans, Birchpaw speaks about his excitement in seeing Toadkit, Marshkit, and Applekit at his first Gathering. He wants to tell them that the thrush he had nearly caught had actually been an eagle. He is sure that they will be impressed.
- In Su Susann's "Missing Kits" on Vicky's Facebook, Snaketail and Smokefoot were the kits of Blackstar and Tallpoppy, born in A Dangerous Path. Blackstar also fathered Tallpoppy's second litter, Applefur, Toadfoot and Marshkit. Toadfoot also has amber eyes.
- "Back off, kittypet! Do you think I'll let you stop me?"
- ―Toadfoot to Seville The Fourth Apprentice, page 182
- (Indirect mention only)
- (Indirect mention only)
- (Indirect mention only)
- (Indirect mention only)