- The origins of a cat who has the ability to speak to the dead.
Detailed plot description
- Earth practices communicating with the land with Stream. The two find no success, and resort to teasing each other to satisfy their boredom. Stream tells Earth that the reason he can't concentrate because of Earth's bright fur, before going after his friend's size. Earth is somewhat hurt by this, and upon seeing that, Stream apologizes, stating that he was much bigger than the everkits the Sisters had seen a moon ago.
- The two go back to the Sisters' camp, meeting Sunrise and Ice, Earth's littermates. Sunrise and Ice bombard him with questions about his practice session. Earth replies somewhat suspiciously, causing Ice to realize that he hadn't talked to the land. Stream defends his friend, stating that the she-cats don't know how hard it is. Ice, more seriously, asks Earth if he had offended the land. Sunrise teases him, stating that the earth might swallow him up because of his lack of communication. Earth, not wanting any part in his sister's teasing, decides to grab a piece of prey of the prey-pile, but Sunrise tells him that Chestnut and Snail get first pick, the mock that was initially in her voice now fully gone.
- Coming Soon
- Tree's Roots (EN), HarperCollins (eBook), 7 April 2020
- A Warrior's Spirit (EN), HarperCollins (paperback) (included within), 7 April 2020
- A Warrior's Spirit (EN), HarperCollins (eBook) (included within), 7 April 2020
- Baums Wurzeln (DE), Beltz & Gelberg (hardcover, e-book) (included within), 9 February 2022, translated by Alexandra Baisch
- Mystische Spuren (DE), Beltz & Gelberg (hardcover, e-book) (included within), 9 February 2022, translated by Alexandra Baisch
Notes and references
|Tree's Roots chapters|
|Chapter 1 • Chapter 2 • Chapter 3 • Chapter 4 • Chapter 5 • Chapter 6 • Chapter 7 • Chapter 8 • Chapter 9 • Chapter 10|