Warrior Cats: Ultimate Edition (WCUE) is an open-world, free-to-play, 3D roleplaying game on Roblox. The game was officially released on May 7th, 2021, and is published by the Coolabi Group and Aldrich-Callen Studios.
- The game was first released on August 15, 2019 for beta testing and was officially released on May 7th, 2021. The game is published by the Coolabi Group, a Working Partners company, and Aldrich-Callen Studios. Pavalineox was responsible for the programming and the UI, Vizavi was responsible for generating the terrain, and BaveIIy created the animations. Vizavi and BaveIIy were also responsible for the 3D modelling.
Naomi Dare, the Digital Director at the Coolabi Group, describes the game as:
- "We're excited to be launching a Warriors game on Roblox as we know that so many 9-12 year olds are on the platform, with over half of this age group in the USA playing on Roblox at least once a week. This tends to be the age that people start reading Warriors, so not only does it serve our existing fan base who are desperate to role play in a Warriors world, but it should also attract new fans to the brand too."
- When the game first released, it got into some trouble for culture appropriation, so the feather accessories were replaced with leaf accessories. For June, a striped collar was released to show support for pride month. In July, players got the ability to use herbs into poultices. By the time fall rolled around, the creative team began updating the world map with autumn colors, and subsequent updates for winter and spring with snowy and fresh spring environments. For spring, additional animations were added along with the spring map. On May 5th, 2022, a new update was released with updated Clan camps and roles for their one year anniversary.
- Alrich-Callen Studios has several plans for future developments, including:
- On the main Roblox page and while logged in on their Roblox account, players can choose any public server to join. They can also select any server their friends are in or purchase a private server for 200 Robux. Servers are maxed at 60 players. Selecting a server is not a prerequisite to play the game, as the game will automatically pick an available server when the player joins regularly.
- WCUE features an extensive character customization feature, with players being able to select pre-set colors for the primary pelt, secondary pelt, markings, secondary markings, eyes, skin color, bright accessories, and dull accessories. Players are even able to add individual markings with the paintbrush tool, and change individual sections with the advanced tool on the desktop version. Players are also able to customize the ears, eyes, head, muzzle type, ear accessories, fur length on the tail, legs and torso, and scars and neck accessories. Some accessories are exclusive for purchase on their website or beta testing, such as several collar types, extra scars, and fur lengths. The character models come in four different builds: kit, apprentice, young warrior, full sized warrior, and extra large, though the latter option is only available for beta testers. Players are able to create up to seven different characters. Below is a complete list for the accessories, and several of them can be added on top of each other, though others are mutually exclusive:
- Ear tufts
- Normal ears
- Small ears
- Torn ears
- Folded ears (Extra ear types bundle only)
- Curled ears (Extra ear types bundle only)
- Normal eyes
- Heavy eyes
- Face mask
- Dual mask
- Half mask
- Brindle mask
- Pointed nose blaze
- Square nose blaze
- Eye markings
- Under eye markings
- Face stripes
- Head stripe
- Tired eyes
- Muzzle pads
- Whisker pads
- Caped mask (Extra markings bundle only)
- Nose speckles (Extra markings bundle only)
- Muzzle type
- Normal muzzle
- Short muzzle (Extra muzzle types bundle only)
- Long muzzle (Extra muzzle types bundle only)
- Ear accessories
- Single leaf
- Dual leaf
- Pointy leaves
- Smooth flower
- Spiky flower
- Monarch wing (VIP bundle only)
- Holly (Beta testers only)
- Maple leaf ([LIMITED] Autumn leaf 2020 bundle only)
- Yellow butterfly wing (Nature accessory bundle only)
- Moth wing (Nature accessory bundle only)
- Poinsettia Flower (Holiday Bundle 2020 only)
- Winter earpiece (Winter flowers bundle only)
- Heart-shaped flower earpiece (Lovely earpiece bundle only)
- Firefly leaves (Spring 2022 Accessories)
- Ladybug earpiece (Spring 2022 Accessories)
- Downwards head fur
- Outwards head fur
- Upwards head fur
- Chin tuft
- Top head fur
- Belly fur
- Back fur
- Arm fur
- Back leg fur
- Leg fur
- Wrist fur
- Downwards neck fur
- Neck fluff
- Neck fur
- Throat fur
- Mane (VIP bundle only)
- Tail streak
- Normal tail
- Tail fluff
- Slim plumed tail
- Plumed tail (VIP bundle only)
- Vine warps (VIP bundle only)
- Vine anklet (Nature accessory bundle only)
- Winter leg wrap (Winter flowers bundle only)
- Gemstone bracelet (Spring 2022 Accessories)
- Starflower butterfly cuff (Spring 2022 Accessories)
- Single back stripe
- Caped stripes
- Leg stripes
- Striped splotches
- Rosettes (Extra markings bundle only)
- Rosetted marble (Extra markings bundle only)
- Nose scar
- Back leg scar
- Back thigh scar
- Torso scar
- Shoulder scar
- Front leg scar
- Eye scar
- Dual eye scar (Extra scars bundle only)
- Chest scar (Extra scars bundle only)
- Body scar (Extra scars bundle only)
- Long scar (Extra scars bundle only)
- Neck accessories
- Chest heart
- Star scarf (Sage badge only)
- Big bow (VIP bundle only)
- Bowtie (Kittypet accessories bundle only)
- Pearl collar (Kittypet accessories bundle only)
- Rhinestone collar (Kittypet accessories bundle only)
- Chain collar (Chain accessories bundle only)
- Triangle chain collar (Chain accessories bundle only)
- Heart chain collar (Chain accessories bundle only)
- Vine necklace (Nature accessories bundle only)
- Vine and rock necklace (Nature accessories bundle only)
- Flowering vine necklace (Nature accessories bundle only)
- Silver bell (Holiday Bundle 2020 only)
- Pirate Hat (Pirate Hat Outfit bundle only)
- Pirate Soles (Pirate Hat Outfit bundle only)
- Bat Wing Harness (Bat Wing Harness bundle only)
- Holiday Cape (Holiday Bundle 2020 only)
- Sweater Vest (Holiday Bundle 2020 only)
- After customizing your character, players may choose one of six worlds and allegiances to play in: ThunderClan, RiverClan, ShadowClan, WindClan, rogues and loners, and kittypets. The territories are open-world with locations from the forest territories, such as the Clan camps, the Twolegplace, Fourtrees, the Moonstone, and more. WCUE also includes a day and night cycle that last approximately twenty minutes and a chat system. Players can pick up one item at a time, such as moss, shells, leaves, toys, and various herbs that spawn naturally in the world. Players that have the apprentice build or higher can also pick up kits and carry them around.
- There is also a world border surrounding the map, and randomly generated weather, such as cloudy skies, rain, and thunderstorms. In October 2021, a fall updated map was released showcasing the forest territories in autumn, and a winter map was released in December 2021. In March 2022, the spring map was released , and for the game's first anniversary, the Clan camps were revamped.
- With these resources, fans have the locations and information they need to start their Warriors roleplay. Players may create their own roleplay or join in on events hosted on the official Discord server. A roleplaying guide can be found on the WCUE wiki.
- There are ten herb items that players can find spawning in the overworld: borage, chervil, yarrow, dock leaves, poppy seeds, catmint, juniper berries, thyme, moss, and cobwebs. Players can only carry one item at a time in their mouth, and these items can be stored in the medicine cat's den in limited quantities. While the herbs can be found in all the territories, some are only found in certain areas to be book accurate. For example, moss can be found on trees and rocks near sources of water, cobwebs can be found in caves and hidden dens, and catmint tends to be located near Twoleg development. Finding all of the herbs will result in the player earning the Sage badge, which unlocks the star scarf accessory. Herbs can either be eaten or chewed in poultices, the latter can be used to treat wounds. Poultices, such as those crafted from chervil, yarrow, and dock, can be used at least four times.
- On mobile, players move the character by pressing forward on the left side of the screen and moving the camera with the right side. How fast the character moves depends on the toggle on the right side: crouch, walk, trot, canter, and sprint. An arrow underneath indicates when the player can jump, though if using canter or sprint, the character will jump automatically. The bottom row contains the menu, from left to right, Clans, poses, editor, character exchange, change information, Starpedia, and options. Players can also unsheathe their claws using an additional toggle from the poses menu.
- On desktop, Q/E is to change the speed, V is to drop held item, M is to toggle the minimap, scrolling on a mouse will zoom in or out, right clicking and dragging will change the camera, and Shift+P is to toggle the overlay. The poses can be activated using keyboard shortcuts, and a list of commands is on the table below.
- Character models that are apprentice or above can pick up kits and carry them around. To do so, the other player must have their pick-up requests activated. When near a kit, the player's mouse should turn into a cat icon. Click on the kit will bring up a menu to send a pick-up request to the other player. Upon doing so and the other player accepts, the player can carry the kit around. A toggle at the top can have the player drop the kit, but the kit also has an option to drop on their on accord.
|Move character||W/A/S/D||Touch screen (left)|
|Move camera||Left/Right buttons||Touch screen (right)|
|Zoom In/Out||Scroll||Touch screen|
|Jump||Space bar||Icon when moving|
|Pick up/drop items||V||Icon|
- Characters can also carry items found in the overworld, such as sticks, flowers, shells, leaves, moss, cobwebs, herbs, and cat toys. Players can only carry one item at a time, and a pop-up will indicate to the player to carry or drop an item.
- The Clans tab allows players to teleport to the different Clans' camp as well as change allegiances. There is also a map option, though it is very rudimentary.
- There are several poses, or animations, your character can morph into, though the player must click on the pose again if they wish to move. These are loaf sit, sit, rest, sleep, back lay, crouch sit, side sleep, side rest, stretch, front lay, and flat sleep. Players can also sheathe and unsheathe their claws with a toggle. However, having unsheathed claws equipped does not result in harming other players. There are also four expressions: timid pose, lashing tail, closed eyes, and pinned back ears.
- The editor tab gives an option to return to the character customization editor.
Change information and Roles
- This tab allows players to add a name and description for their character and change their character's size. The character's name is depicted at the top in an allegiance specific color. For example, ShadowClan cats have red names, RiverClan cats have blue names, ThunderClan cats have yellow names, and kittypets have pink names. The character's description goes below the character's name, followed by the character's rank, and them player's game tag and username. Players can also age up their character if they originally chose a younger model. The floating tags can be disabled in settings.
- Players are also able to indicate what rank they have in the Clan. Clan cats are able to pick from kit, apprentice, warrior, deputy, leader, medicine cat, and elder. Rogues, loners, and kittypets are restricted to their own respective roles, but they can join the Clans through the Clans tab.
- Players can also access a health menu from here, which allows players to add wounds to their character. Wounds can be toggled on and off, and players can indicate whether they want other players to treat their wounds, have their wounds heal over time, or have their wounds scar. Toggling the wound options will overwrite the scars with fresh wounds.
- Starpedia is the name of in-game guide, and includes information about the Clan territories, resources of herbs, and lore. The lore includes information about Clan life, names, StarClan, the Dark Forest, the Moonstone, and Fourtrees. It also includes the warrior code, Clan roles, and Clan terminology. The Clan territories section includes a brief overview of the Clans and key locations, including teleoperations to them.
- In the settings option, players can toggle for flashing lights, bright nights, showing players' Roblox names, usernames, bios, and den names, and additional animations. There is also a toggle to decide if players can request to pick you up as a kit, and higher quality rain.
- ThunderClan's territory includes its camp, the Sandy Hollow, Sunningrocks, Snakerocks, and the Owl Tree. A tunnel leads into the camp between the elders' den and the nursery. Despite the camp being surrounded with thick foliage, it is possible to fall into the camp.
- RiverClan's territory includes its camp, the river, the gorge, the Twoleg bridge, and the Twoleg nest. RiverClan's camp is located on a small island. Players are able to dive into the river in the gorge, swim in it, and run-jump along the edges. There is an entrance to a tunnel on the WindClan side that leads to Outlook Rock in WindClan. In the winter map, portions of the river freezes, allowing players to cross easily into ThunderClan territory. For the game's one year anniversary, RiverClan's camp was updated to be larger and include a pool underneath where the leader sits.
- WindClan's territory includes its camp, Outlook Rock, tunnels, and Fourtrees is listed as well. Similar to the books, WindClan's camp does not contain a designated warriors' or apprentices' den, though there is a spare den and spare nests around the camp in case some players wish to sleep in them. WindClan's camp is surrounded by thick foliage and is accessible through a short tunnel. Its territory leads to the Highstones and the Moonstone. A tunnel leads from Outlook Rock to the gorge below.
- Players decide to live as a kittypet reside in the Twolegplace just outside of ThunderClan's territory. There is one Twoleg nest for players to enter and explore, as well as the Treecutplace. Players can interact with cat toys, cat food and water, and toggle light switches and curtains inside the Twoleg nest. A tall stone wall surrounds the Twolegplace, and players can perch upon it and gaze into the forest. Catmint can also be found here.
- As a rogue or loner, players can live on Barley's farm or in any of the unclaimed territories outside of the Clans. Players are able to enter the barn and climb the boxes to the top loft. Players are also able to interact with the barn door and the light switches. Catmint can also be found here.
- The Highstones is the location of the Moonstone, located at the bottom right coming from WindClan's territory. You cannot climb to the top of Highstones, but you can climb part of the way up. The Mothermouth tunnel splits into two; the left tunnel leads to the Moonstone and the right one leads to a dead end.