For the sake of consistency, book cover images have a few requirements.
Naming Convention Preferences
For ease of use, naming conventions for book cover images are preferred.
- Standard North-American format: SeriesTag-#.extention
- Alternative language/version format: SeriesTag-#-LanguageTag.extension
- Reprinted Cover format:: as above but include '-RR' after the rest of the name.
- Small Image format: as above but include ‘SM-‘ before the rest of the name
- Back Cover format: as above but include ‘BK-‘ before the rest of the name.
- Box Sets format: as above but include 'BS-' before the rest of the name.
Arc Name Conventions
These should be used where the Format reads 'SeriesName'
- Original Arc:OS
- The New Prophecy: NP
- Power of Three: PO3
- Omen of the Stars: OTS
- Dawn of the Clans: DTC
- A Vision of Shadows: VOS
- The Broken Code: TBC
- Field Guide: FG
- Super Edition: SE
- Graystripe's Adventure: GA
- Tigerstar and Sasha: TS
- Ravenpaw's Path: RP
- The Rise of Scourge: TROS
- SkyClan and the Stranger: SS
Language/Version Tag Conventions
To be used where the name says 'LanguageTag'
- Chinese: CN
- Czech: CZ
- German: DE
- Finnish: FI
- French: FR
- Greek: GR
- Hungarian: HU
- Japanese: JA
- Korean: KO
- Lithuanian: LT
- Netherlands: NL
- Polish: PL
- Portuguese: PT
- Romanian: RO
- Russian: RU
- Slovenian: SL
- Turkish: TR
- United Kingdom: UK
- United Kingdom, version two: UK2
- Vietnamese: VI
If the North-American paperback version differs from the hardback version then 'PB' should be used here. The audio versions of these should use the tag 'Audio' The inside covers of some verions - if different from the dustcover - should use the tag 'Inside'
Where the name says '-#-', this should be filled in with the numbers of the books in the set. (ie. 1-6 or 1-3)
Image Size & File Type Preferences
These are intended for use on the main book article or in the gallery.
- Size: as close as is possible to 324px high by 223px wide.
- File type preferred: .jpg is the preferred extension for better quality.
These are intended for use on the WWiki Main Page and in feature articles.
- Size: as close as is possible to 151px high by 100px wide.
- File type preferred: .png is the preferred extension for these.
SIZE: 151px High by 100px Wide