|"Warriors don't attack medicine cats. And even if they did, it's worth the risk. Saving cats is why I became a medicine cat, and now I have to do this to save Mosspelt."|
|— Willowshine to Mothwing about finding more watermint in River of Fire, Bonus Scene, page 21|
She is born to Mosspelt as Willowkit, and almost immediately finds passion for learning and using herbs. She helps Mothwing during the time when several RiverClan cats became sick after drinking tainted water. Upon being made an apprentice she becomes Mothwing’s apprentice, known as Willowpaw. Leafpool also mentors Willowpaw in the ways of their warrior ancestors, as Mothwing does not believe in StarClan. When Hollypaw becomes a medicine cat apprentice, she quickly becomes friends with her. Willowpaw eventually earns her full medicine cat name, Willowshine. When Mistystar announces that RiverClan won’t be interacting with any other Clans for some time following Darktail's terrible reign, Willowshine and her mentor aren’t allowed to go to the Moonpool or speak with the other medicine cats. However, Willowshine has a vision about a six toed cat, and she goes to Alderheart to help her with the vision.
In the Super Editions
In The New Prophecy arc
In the Power of Three arc
In the Omen of the Stars arc
In the A Vision of Shadows arc
In the Field Guides
In the Novellas
- Willowshine is a small, lithe, sleek, thick, and soft-furred, pale gray tabby she-cat with bright green eyes.
- She was initially described as dark gray, and has been shown with dark blue eyes.
- She has been described as greyish-white, and said to have blue eyes.
- She is mistakenly said to be too young to take on the full duties of a medicine cat despite being approximately three years old at the time.
Please do not edit this gallery
Please do not edit this gallery
= Gender Unknown
- "Of course I'm fine! That monster was never going to catch us."
- —Willowkit to Leafpaw when she asks if she's okay Dawn, page 237
- "Is this what it feels like to be a medicine cat? It's the best thing ever!"
- —Willowkit to Leafpool and Mothwing Twilight, page 169
- "I didn't really think about it. It just sort of happened, and then I couldn't imagine doing anything else. Being a medicine cat is great!"
- —Willowpaw to Hollykit The Sight, pages 76-77
- "That's okay. Next time I hope you fall in!"
- —Willowpaw to Jaypaw when he apologizes for attacking her when she rescues him from a rabbit hole The Sight, page 266
- Willowshine: "What's the matter? Is someone sick?"
- Jayfeather: "I needed to talk to Mothwing."
- The Last Hope, page 75
- "If StarClan told her to jump in the lake, she would!"
- —Mothwing to Jayfeather about Willowshine's faith in StarClan The Last Hope, page 75
- "I hate talking like this. We're medicine cats. It's our job to help out sick Clanmates, not to argue about which of them deserves the treatment more."
- —Willowshine to Mothwing about the cats with the vomiting sickness River of Fire, page chapter 1 (Bonus Scene)
Medicine cat ceremony
|Willowshine's medicine cat ceremony|
References and citations
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Revealed in Sunset, allegiances
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Revealed in Twilight, page 167
- ↑ Revealed in Long Shadows, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in Eclipse, page 141
- ↑ Revealed in Mistystar's Omen, chapter 6
- ↑ Revealed in Mistystar's Omen, chapter 10
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 Revealed in The Sight, page 133
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Revealed in Dawn, page 237
- ↑ Revealed in The Raging Storm, chapter 20
- ↑ Revealed in The Sight, page 268
- ↑ Revealed in The Apprentice's Quest, page 38
- ↑ Revealed in The Sight, page 264
- ↑ Revealed in Cats of the Clans, page 75
- ↑ Revealed in The Ultimate Guide, page 137
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 Revealed in Mistystar's Omen, chapter 4
- ↑ Revealed on the
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 Revealed in Twilight, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in Dawn, page 269
- ↑ Revealed in Twilight, page 154