- Coming Soon
- One secret could destroy them all. . . .
- Yellowkit is a ShadowClan cat through and through and she can't wait to become a fearless warrior. Then Yellowkit trains as an apprentice and finally receives her warrior name, Yellowfang—and much to her surprise, she realizes that her paws weren't meant to shed blood. Her true destiny lies as a healer, and she takes her place as ShadowClan's medicine cat apprentice.
- But Yellowfang's dreams are haunted by a dark prophecy, and every paw step she takes seems drenched in heartache. As she struggles to separate herself from her warrior past, she realizes that the future she faces is bleak and dim—colored by a devastating secret that could destroy the warrior Clans.
- Coming Soon
Detailed Plot Summary
- In the prologue, the medicine cats of the four Clans, Goosefeather, Sagewhisker Hawkheart, and Milkfur, have gathered for an age-old ceremony of welcoming a new apprentice to their ranks. Young Featherpaw of ThunderClan has chosen to follow the path of his Clanmate, Goosefeather, and become his apprentice. As the new mentor welcomes his apprentice, Featherpaw is greeted by the medicine cats gathered around the Moonstone, including Milkfur's apprentice, Bramblepaw. When Featherpaw, instructed by his new mentor, settles down next to the stone to dream. As he greets StarClan for the first time as a new medicine cat apprentice, Featherpaw sees Mallowfur, one of the warriors of StarClan, and she greets him warmly. Featherpaw exclaims that he had missed her, and Molepelt intervenes. Molepelt gives a message to Featherpaw, saying that a dark force was on it's way to ThunderClan, with a power to pierce deep in the heart of the Clan, brought by a ShadowClan medicine cat. Featherpaw is confused, because he does not think that a ShadowClan medicine cat can bring trouble to ThunderClan.
- Yellowkit and her two siblings Nutkit and Rowankit are born to Brightflower and Brackenfoot. The kits are playing a game where they pretend the elders are invading WindClan cats. It is mentioned that Raggedkit's and Scorchkit's father is unknown, but possibly a kittypet as their mother would go in Twolegplace often. Nutkit calls Raggedkit a kittypet, and after some scolding from Brightflower, she calls them into the nursery.
- Yellowkit wakes up in the middle of the night to find out that she has a stomach ache, and so does her brother. Brightflower is woken up, and takes them to Sagewhisker for treatment. The kits are questioned about what they ate, and Nutkit confesses to nibbling on crowfood, but Yellowkit insists that she didn't. Sagewhisker gives them yarrow to induce vomiting, and are sent to bed and told not to eat the next day. Brightflower is angry with Yellowkit because she thinks her daughter is lying, and it hurts her feelings.
- Yellowkit notices that her grandmother, Silverflame, hasn't been eating well properly for days, and that she is very thirsty. She tries to tempt the elder into eating her favorite kind of fresh-kill, frog, but she hardly takes a bite. Yellowkit gets the idea to bring her water from some moss, and when she finds a suitable tree, she sees her father teaching battle moves to Raggedpaw. He complains about Yellowkit watching, but he insists that it would be good for her to learn. She takes the moss and gives it to Silverflame. Suddenly, she realizes that she and her siblings are being made apprentices and she hasn't been washed properly. Yellowkit becomes Yellowpaw with the mentor of Deerleap. Yellowpaw starts to feel ill, and Deerleap asks her if she can continue, and eager to see the territory, she chooses to ignore the pain. Upon coming back, however, Brightflower tells her that Silverflame is dying. She refuses to believe this but asks to see her, and is able to say goodbye before she joins her warrior ancestors in StarClan.
- Yellowpaw becomes upset that Sagewhisker didn't stop Silverflame from dying. Littlebird, one of the elders, asks her if she wants to go on a walk together. They head for the marshes and Littlebird tells Yellowpaw that it was Silverflame's time to die and that Sagewhisker could not have done anything to stop it. She also says that Silverflame is up in StarClan watching over them. Yellowpaw says that she doesn't want her grandmother to be in StarClan- she wants her back in the Clan. But Littlebird insists that they all have to die someday and that until then they have to try their hardest to serve the Clan.
- More Coming Soon
- Kate Cary has revealed that she will not be writing this book.
- There are teasers for Yellowfang's Secret in the new field guide Enter the Clans.
- Vicky revealed on her Facebook page that this book will be very emotional.
- Yellowfang's Secret does not include a map of the territories like the other books.
- StarClan is once mistakenly spelled as "Starclan".
References and Citations
- ↑ Revealed on Kate's Facebook Page
- ↑ Revealed on HarperCollins Catalogs
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's Facebook page
- ↑ Revealed on Kate's Blog
- ↑ Revealed on Kate's Facebook Wall
- ↑ Revealed on HarperCollins Childrens Books Summer 2012
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's Facebook page
- ↑ Revealed in the first pages of Yellowfang's Secret
- ↑ Revealed in Yellowfang's Secret, page 465
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.